JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Messi

+6
ADRIAN_1976
QBVILLA
jak
FrenchSpur
jpr60
villainies
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Messi Empty Messi

Post  villainies Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:00 pm

What a great hat-trick. Each goal so well taken. oops make that 4, what a fabulous player.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Messi Empty Re: Messi

Post  jpr60 Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:11 pm

He's the best attacking footballer, without a doubt. I don't care that he's not been in a World-Cup-winning side (Mr Pele), he's the best in my lifetime (with Pele as second best) - he works hard for his teams and he's got a footballing brain and technical skill that puts him miles ahead of anyone else. He's a pleasure to see and - thank the lord - seems to be a reasonable bloke!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:13 pm

The first 3 goals were incredible.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:27 pm

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:32 pm

I would love to know how he would do at a club where the supporting cast isn't as good as they have at Barca
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:33 pm

4 of the 5 goals have been individual brilliance. Most of his goals are.

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:34 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:4 of the 5 goals have been individual brilliance. Most of his goals are.

I am not disputing his skill... I just wonder how he would fair in a lesser team.... He cant score unless he actually has the ball can he
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:39 pm

The best players play for the best teams. He wouldn't be playing for Barcelona if he wasn't a world class player.

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:49 pm

Perhaps Barca are as good as they are because they have Messi in the team! Any team with Messi in is going to be better than a team without him.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:52 pm

jpr60 wrote:Perhaps Barca are as good as they are because they have Messi in the team! Any team with Messi in is going to be better than a team without him.

This is definitely a Barcelona team built for Messi, not with Messi.

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:06 pm

jpr60 wrote:Perhaps Barca are as good as they are because they have Messi in the team! Any team with Messi in is going to be better than a team without him.

Quite possibly... But then again the Spanish won the World Cup with a lot of these players who are in the team presently...

and Argentina it would seem couldn't raise their game to suit... So I just wonder how he would do...
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:54 pm

There are so many threats and the work rate and movement off the ball is a sight to behold.
Messi has fabulous skills and he works his socks off, he makes the runs and has the benefit of playing with others who instinctively know where he's going.
A fabulous player, in a fabulous team. You like football, you love Barcelona!!!!!

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:37 am

He is the epitome of world class.Skill in abundance but matches it with work ethic.Hard as nails as well with the roughing up treatment only ensuring that he is more determined.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:50 am

QBVILLA wrote:He is the epitome of world class.Skill in abundance but matches it with work ethic.Hard as nails as well with the roughing up treatment only ensuring that he is more determined.

Like you,QB,my friend,he's "The Real Deal".

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:57 am

jak wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:He is the epitome of world class.Skill in abundance but matches it with work ethic.Hard as nails as well with the roughing up treatment only ensuring that he is more determined.

Like you,QB,my friend,he's the "Real Deal".

I agree.There was a program on ITV4 last night about Messi.Footage from when he was a nipper.Couldn't have been much more than 6 or 7 and his natural skill was absolutely amazing.If he'd had been English he most likely would've been ignored because he's a shortarse.Every technically gifted this country has produced gets ruined by our coaching.Michael owen wouldn't have scored that goal he did against the Argies by the time he was 21 as he'd have laid it off.Look at Joe Cole,Matt Le Tissier, both technically superior to their peers but totally unappreciated by England.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:19 am

QBVILLA wrote:
jak wrote:

I agree.There was a program on ITV4 last night about Messi.Footage from when he was a nipper.Couldn't have been much more than 6 or 7 and his natural skill was absolutely amazing.If he'd had been English he most likely would've been ignored because he's a shortarse.Every technically gifted this country has produced gets ruined by our coaching.Michael owen wouldn't have scored that goal he did against the Argies by the time he was 21 as he'd have laid it off.Look at Joe Cole,Matt Le Tissier, both technically superior to their peers but totally unappreciated by England.

You're right. The continental kids were training with the ball while we were running them till they were sick, teaching them zonal football and telling them to get rid of the ball.
I remember reading Matt Busby's comment to his coaching staff when they got a young George Best, "leave him alone, let him do what he wants with the ball".
Our coaches have been coaching the skill and flair out of the game for too many years.
There's not many Brits playing abroad.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:38 pm

It's a joy to watch him play football. It's amazing how composed he is given the hysteria that surrounds him. His goal celebrations (or lack of them) are really endearing, and several commentators have commented on his apparent enjoyment of the game. I can't think of another player who can play at that level and look as though they are playing with mates in the park.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:46 pm

villainies wrote:It's a joy to watch him play football. It's amazing how composed he is given the hysteria that surrounds him. His goal celebrations (or lack of them) are really endearing, and several commentators have commented on his apparent enjoyment of the game. I can't think of another player who can play at that level and look as though they are playing with mates in the park.

Yes, what a fantastic attitude he's got. He gets lumps kicked out of him too (when they can catch him). It really is like he's playing in a kick around. He just loves playing. A true great!!!!
Then look at the likes of Balotelli, who's not good enough to clean Messi's boots and Wayne Rooney to whom the same applies. They think they're it. What wankers!!!!

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:35 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:4 of the 5 goals have been individual brilliance. Most of his goals are.

I am not disputing his skill... I just wonder how he would fair in a lesser team.... He cant score unless he actually has the ball can he

He'd be brilliant. Wigan Wolves Blackburn defences wouldn't know what hit them.
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:40 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:

He'd be brilliant. Wigan Wolves Blackburn defences wouldn't know what hit them.

Are you sure, they're all much bigger teams than Leverkusen, cause they play in the Premiership. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:37 pm

jak wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:
jak wrote:

You're right. The continental kids were training with the ball while we were running them till they were sick, teaching them zonal football and telling them to get rid of the ball.
I remember reading Matt Busby's comment to his coaching staff when they got a young George Best, "leave him alone, let him do what he wants with the ball".
Our coaches have been coaching the skill and flair out of the game for too many years.
There's not many Brits playing abroad.

It's shown tonight, Bilbao have been all over the English Champions.

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:50 pm

Messi is the best footballer I have ever seen, but the thing that some people dont take into account in the effort he puts into a game. Heard the two twats on talksport this afternoon going on about what is the difference with him and others. Darren Gough said N'Zogbia has all the talent, but Villa restrict his positioning. Not for a second were they comparing him with Messi, but what they failed to mention was Messi is a great team player as well and works hard for the team. That is the difference between Messi and some of these prima donnas who think because they have talent they dont have to work for the team
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:51 pm

I wouldn't mind if Messi signed for West Ham.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:22 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Messi is the best footballer I have ever seen, but the thing that some people dont take into account in the effort he puts into a game. Heard the two twats on talksport this afternoon going on about what is the difference with him and others. Darren Gough said N'Zogbia has all the talent, but Villa restrict his positioning. Not for a second were they comparing him with Messi, but what they failed to mention was Messi is a great team player as well and works hard for the team. That is the difference between Messi and some of these prima donnas who think because they have talent they dont have to work for the team

You're absolutely correct!!!!!

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:23 pm

Bedshammer wrote:I wouldn't mind if Messi signed for West Ham.

Word is you've got two Messys....................Running the show. Very Happy

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next