JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Centre Half

+2
Avfc_4eva_Sotc
QBVILLA
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Centre Half Empty Centre Half

Post  QBVILLA Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:53 am

Todays press are linking us with Dunne,Taylor and Collins.Not exactly inspirational and it could be more of a question of which one do you really not want rather than picking the best one.Anyhow, if it has to be one of these then i'd personally go for Dunne who despite having the turning circle of an artic truck is a good solid defender.Collins and Taylor are both carthorses IMO.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Centre Half Empty Re: Centre Half

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:56 am

we need some experience rather then youth, Dunne it is.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:46 am

Collins isn't a carthorse - I'd be happy for him to stay at West Ham to be honest. And he's experienced, you could do a lot worse.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:56 am

Dunne, I suppose, only problem is these players are being let go by clubs who are trying to take our 6th place from us come season end, by clubs that all finished below us, so if they don't feel these are good enough for that and they are going to sign better players and needing to finance that out of Villa's coffers, why are we even looking at this level. the word Mugs springs to mind.

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:59 am

QBVILLA wrote:Dunne,Taylor and Collins.

That really is a tough choice, to be honest, it's got that desprate I would take either Dunne or Collins.

I fear that the lack of signing a quality centre back, is going to be MON's downfall.

I think it's shocking that we havent signed one yet.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:04 pm

Slightly moving the thread in a different direction, years ago when i watched Mon signing players like Harewood, Routledge, Salifou, Knight, so on and so on, you just knew something wasn't right.

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:06 pm

Malachite wrote:Slightly moving the thread in a different direction, years ago when i watched Mon signing players like Harewood, Routledge, Salifou, Knight, so on and so on, you just knew something wasn't right.

Let's be fair now, he has signed some good players as well. Name me a manager that hasnt made a shite signing?

Knight did a job for a while, and we got our money back for him, Harewood in a way did ok for one season. As for the other two, they cost **** all so it didnt mater.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:36 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
Malachite wrote:Slightly moving the thread in a different direction, years ago when i watched Mon signing players like Harewood, Routledge, Salifou, Knight, so on and so on, you just knew something wasn't right.

Let's be fair now, he has signed some good players as well. Name me a manager that hasnt made a shite signing?

Knight did a job for a while, and we got our money back for him, Harewood in a way did ok for one season. As for the other two, they cost **** all so it didnt mater.

But what has to be realised is that Mon has spent in excess of 100million, somebody worked it out the other day and had it closer to 150ml with added payments etc, thats a huge mind blowing amount, Mourinho spent close to 150ml in rebuilding Chelsea, they went on to win silverware, Premiership, etc and were they are today is a lot to do with that investment. It may well be that RL has turned around to Mon and said no more money untill we see results, lost confidence, we don't know for sure that's not the case, also lets remember in the run up to Christmas who was the core of the side, the real backbone, Laursen, Barry and Gabby, who was up there as one the Prem's leading scorers for that period. Exception being Young.

None of the mentioned players were signed by Mon.

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:08 pm

Malachite wrote:somebody worked it out the other day and had it closer to 150ml with added payments etc, thats a huge mind blowing amount,

Who worked that out? It's sounds like bull shit to me. Show me the figures? The £100 million is including payments from what i have seen, and also conveniently not including player sales.

Malachite wrote:
Mourinho spent close to 150ml in rebuilding Chelsea, they went on to win silverware, Premiership, etc

Probably one of the most ridiculous comparisons you could come up with, I cant even be bothered to work out how much Mourinio spent, but you have of course, chosen to ignore the fact that he took over a team that had just finished runner up in the Premiership and got to the semi final of the Champions League and had already spend massives amounts on the squad over the past few years, MON took over a team that finish 16th in the league.

Things aren't going right for MON and Villa at the moment, and he has made some big mistakes if you ask me and he might not take us as far as we thought it could, but some of the mass histeria and bullshit that is been posted only 1 Premier League game into the season is fucking ridiculous.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:32 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
Malachite wrote:somebody worked it out the other day and had it closer to 150ml with added payments etc, thats a huge mind blowing amount,

Who worked that out? It's sounds like bull shit to me. Show me the figures? The £100 million is including payments from what i have seen, and also conveniently not including player sales.

Malachite wrote:
Mourinho spent close to 150ml in rebuilding Chelsea, they went on to win silverware, Premiership, etc

Probably one of the most ridiculous comparisons you could come up with, I cant even be bothered to work out how much Mourinio spent, but you have of course, chosen to ignore the fact that he took over a team that had just finished runner up in the Premiership and got to the semi final of the Champions League and had already spend massives amounts on the squad over the past few years, MON took over a team that finish 16th in the league.

Things aren't going right for MON and Villa at the moment, and he has made some big mistakes if you ask me and he might not take us as far as we thought it could, but some of the mass histeria and bullshit that is been posted only 1 Premier League game into the season is fucking ridiculous.

nice one R.O.T saved me the bother of typing all of that myself.MoN has spent a lot of money, but it has to be comparable to the teams we are in competition with.Man Utd spent £50m last summer despite the fact they had just won the league and European Cup.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:34 pm

Bedshammer wrote:Collins isn't a carthorse - I'd be happy for him to stay at West Ham to be honest. And he's experienced, you could do a lot worse.

:fishing:
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:54 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:Collins isn't a carthorse - I'd be happy for him to stay at West Ham to be honest. And he's experienced, you could do a lot worse.

:fishing:

You're not winding me up, I was just giving my honest opinion of Collins. Silly of me, really....
What a Face
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:28 pm

ROT:

No don't bother to work it out you'll give yourself a headache you tw*t.

The point is Mon has spent a fortune, a massive amount of money, more than any other Villa manager in history.

Having spent that, he as achieved naff all and made some bad decisions on the way, including making a decision to pull the squad out of a competition deluding himself he could achieve top 4, its common knowledge and reported just about everywhere that Villa spent over 50ml just in last summers transfer window.

What amazing talent did he sign for that money??????????????????NONE.

The Comparison is based on the fact that when you get into that kind of money you should at least achieve a stable squad. We don't even posses a decent CB, spent the whole of last season playing a RB at LB, and half the season with 1 striker up front because the other has either fallen out with the manager or the he's to pissed to turn up.
Have no idea what void you been living in but its not a case of just a couple of games into the new season, this run has been going on for more than 4 months ffs, if you calculated the teams perfomance based on Jan 09 onwards Villa would be in the Championship.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:33 pm

Mal, he's turned you from relegation fodder to a top 6 team. Surely that's enough for 3 years management?

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:31 am

Malachite wrote:ROT:

The point is Mon has spent a fortune, a massive amount of money, more than any other Villa manager in history.

Having spent that, he as achieved naff all and made some bad decisions on the way, including making a decision to pull the squad out of a competition deluding himself he could achieve top 4, its common knowledge and reported just about everywhere that Villa spent over 50ml just in last summers transfer window.

What amazing talent did he sign for that money??????????????????NONE.

The Comparison is based on the fact that when you get into that kind of money you should at least achieve a stable squad. We don't even posses a decent CB, spent the whole of last season playing a RB at LB, and half the season with 1 striker up front because the other has either fallen out with the manager or the he's to pissed to turn up.
Have no idea what void you been living in but its not a case of just a couple of games into the new season, this run has been going on for more than 4 months ffs, if you calculated the teams perfomance based on Jan 09 onwards Villa would be in the Championship.

You're out of order
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:19 am

Fucking hell, what you throwing your toys out the pram for? Just because some figures you copied of VillaTalk happened to be wrong, don't have a fanny fit at me.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  MrMagoo Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:46 am

now now children play nicely, or I will have to get Beds to get the big stick out
MrMagoo
MrMagoo
Da Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:49 am

MrMagoo wrote:now now children play nicely, or I will have to get Beds to get the big stick out

Hello - did someone call me?
queen
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:40 am

roadoftrinity wrote:

Fucking hell, what you throwing your toys out the pram for? Just because some figures you copied of VillaTalk happened to be wrong, don't have a fanny fit at me.

Didn't think you could be bothered, what was it that grabbed your attention, i know, it was your new name, Twat. i'll remember that.

QB: Your to busy for your own good. By the way love your new avatar.

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:26 am

Malachite wrote:

Didn't think you could be bothered, what was it that grabbed your attention, i know, it was your new name, Twat. i'll remember that.

I couldn't be bothered, I never said I had bothered working it out, it was just obvioulsy wrong and I saw the post on Villatalk that you copied it from. It is probably a good idea for you to remember the name twat.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:36 am

:yellow:
Don't make me come over there with my big stick......
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:59 am

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Mal, he's turned you from relegation fodder to a top 6 team. Surely that's enough for 3 years management?

Its good but the bad signings are there aplenty, so is the thin squad that we've been parping on about for years. We've got just a few days to fill some very serious gaps or we can forget about this season regardless of last nights result.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:03 am

Malachite wrote:
roadoftrinity wrote:

QB: Your to busy for your own good. By the way love your new avatar.

Now now Mal.I seem to remember you throwing a hissy fit when Lutes called you a fool.Anyone sensitive to a spot of name calling shouldn't go around calling others twats just because they offer a different opinion.
Oh the avatar is me holding my little nephew George, the soon to be founder member of the Falmouth branch of Villa supporters.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:01 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
Malachite wrote:

I couldn't be bothered, I never said I had bothered working it out, it was just obvioulsy wrong and I saw the post on Villatalk that you copied it from. It is probably a good idea for you to remember the name twat.

Twat:

Care to show me the so called post i copied it from, on Villatalk, thats news to me.

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:07 pm

Malachite wrote:

Twat:

Care to show me the so called post i copied it from, on Villatalk, thats news to me.

You were the one that said someone worked it out, I saw that figure given on Villatalk and also you posting on Villatalk.

FOOL Very Happy

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum