JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have you ever thought?

+3
Bedshammer
FrenchSpur
jak
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Have you ever thought? Empty Have you ever thought?

Post  jak Sat May 19, 2012 9:50 pm

I wonder if the Spuds have ever thought that the interest they have in and the exhilaration they get from other teams performing badly, could be the reason they continually get shit on from a great height?
I've said before, their criteria for success is not their own achievement but the failure of others.
I'm delighted Chelsea won tonight!!!!! cheers

jak

Back to top Go down

Have you ever thought? Empty Re: Have you ever thought?

Post  FrenchSpur Sat May 19, 2012 9:52 pm

jak wrote:I wonder if the Spuds have ever thought that the interest they have in and the exhilaration they get from other teams performing badly, could be the reason they continually get shit on from a great height?
I've said before, their criteria for success is not their own achievement but the failure of others.

Nope not at all....
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sat May 19, 2012 9:54 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:
jak wrote:I wonder if the Spuds have ever thought that the interest they have in and the exhilaration they get from other teams performing badly, could be the reason they continually get shit on from a great height?

Nope not at all....

Keep on keeping on then. Very Happy

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Sat May 19, 2012 9:55 pm

jak wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:

Nope not at all....

Keep on keeping on then. Very Happy

Will do....
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun May 20, 2012 3:39 am

So near yet so far away. Very Happy

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Sun May 20, 2012 8:26 am

We got back to Sticksville last night and went to have dinner and a few drinkies in a food pub that was showing the game. (didn't want the day to end!). I must say, the few Spurs fans there showed themselves up with the gloating when they thought Bayern had won, and the sour faces at the end. Shame on them really, but it was funny to watch.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun May 20, 2012 9:29 am

Every cloud has a silver lining, eh? There's rumours of 'Arry leaving Tottingham (although I cannot believe he'll end upat Stamford Bridge) - that's a plus innit?!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Sun May 20, 2012 9:39 am

I think he'll become a TV pundit. 'Onest 'Arrys 'Umble Opinion, Sunday mornings on Sky. It'll save Sky Sports the trouble of chasing him round golf courses and training grounds for a sound bite. I do hope he wears baggier trousers than his son, though. That would be awful.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Sun May 20, 2012 11:19 am

Bedshammer wrote:We got back to Sticksville last night and went to have dinner and a few drinkies in a food pub that was showing the game. (didn't want the day to end!). I must say, the few Spurs fans there showed themselves up with the gloating when they thought Bayern had won, and the sour faces at the end. Shame on them really, but it was funny to watch.

and why wouldn't they??? Champions League footy depended on them losing.... What a silly thing to say beds... you just show yourself up with comments like that... Mad Mad Mad
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Sun May 20, 2012 11:22 am

FrenchSpur wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:We got back to Sticksville last night and went to have dinner and a few drinkies in a food pub that was showing the game. (didn't want the day to end!). I must say, the few Spurs fans there showed themselves up with the gloating when they thought Bayern had won, and the sour faces at the end. Shame on them really, but it was funny to watch.

and why wouldn't they??? Champions League footy depended on them losing.... What a silly thing to say beds... you just show yourself up with comments like that... Mad Mad Mad

You think? It was downright unattractive, quite frankly. The Blackpool supporters behaved with more class yesterday, and quite a lot hinged on that, too.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Sun May 20, 2012 11:24 am

Bedshammer wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:

You think? It was downright unattractive, quite frankly. The Blackpool supporters behaved with more class yesterday, and quite a lot hinged on that, too.

I do think
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sun May 20, 2012 12:55 pm

I agree with Frenchy.. of course if ur teams Champ lge situation depended on Bayern winning then you will react to them taking a late lead..

Also JPR.. were you not like some of the Arsenal fans who wanted Chelsea to lose.. so they couldn't claim to be the first London club to win Champions Lge..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Bonds Sun May 20, 2012 1:01 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:I agree with Frenchy.. of course if ur teams Champ lge situation depended on Bayern winning then you will react to them taking a late lead..

Also JPR.. were you not like some of the Arsenal fans who wanted Chelsea to lose.. so they couldn't claim to be the first London club to win Champions Lge..

I agree with both of you...and if it had been west ham Beds going thru like spurs wud have done if chelsea lost i would be pissed off too

Billy Bonds
Sir Twat

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun May 20, 2012 3:33 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:I agree with Frenchy.. of course if ur teams Champ lge situation depended on Bayern winning then you will react to them taking a late lead..

One Team In London, there's only One Team In London. That's The Arsenal - the club that finished higher in the table!
TBH I didn't want Chelsea to win for two reasons :
1) Like ManC they're a Big Money club and I really don't like the thought that spending the most = success (they've done it before and it hurt);
2) They've been pretty ordinary this season - they were ridiculously fortunate to get through the Barca round - and I just thought a better football team would win.
I know you can't argue with the result, Chelsea worked it well (with no little luck) so good luck to'em but no, I never thought of the first London team to win the CL. As I say, there's only One Team In London and it ain't been Chelsea for a couple years now!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Bonds Sun May 20, 2012 3:56 pm

jpr60 wrote:

One Team In London, there's only One Team In London. That's The Arsenal - the club that finished higher in the table!
1) Like ManC they're a Big Money club and I really don't like the thought that spending the most = success (they've done it before and it hurt);
2) They've been pretty ordinary this season - they were ridiculously fortunate to get through the Barca round - and I just thought a better football team would win.
I know you can't argue with the result, Chelsea worked it well (with no little luck) so good luck to'em but no, I never thought of the first London team to win the CL. As I say, there's only One Team In London and it ain't been Chelsea for a couple years now!

WEST HAM ...there is only one team in london the best team in london

Billy Bonds
Sir Twat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 20, 2012 3:57 pm

Arsenal and Man United dominated the league for seasons on the basis they were the ones who could afford the best players. And I'd take 6th and Champions League title over 3rd place and no trophies any day, I'd wager deep down most Arsenal fans would too.

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Sun May 20, 2012 3:58 pm

jpr60 wrote:

Deary me... we are up ourselves arent we..... Mad Mad Mad Mad
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun May 20, 2012 4:34 pm

Bedshammer wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:

Beds, never mention Spurs and class in the same paragraph. Very Happy

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun May 20, 2012 4:36 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Arsenal and Man United dominated the league for seasons on the basis they were the ones who could afford the best players. And I'd take 6th and Champions League title over 3rd place and no trophies any day, I'd wager deep down most Arsenal fans would too.

What a load of tosh. When The Arsenal were lording it over the rest we had acquired players from here, there and everywhere, including our own juniors and never spent a bucket of cash on any of them. I agree some became seriously highly-valued players but that was as a result of being at Arsenal. I also think that ManU had many players who came through their ranks to which they added a few high-profile ones - neither club went out and cherry-picked everybody- who-was-any-good-and-didn't-mind-having-their-salary-doubled, à la Chelsea and now, even more-so ManC.
And you're adding you'd rather be a Chelsea fan than a Gooner - well, that says it all right there - WANKER!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun May 20, 2012 4:39 pm

Very Happy
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Sun May 20, 2012 5:25 pm

jak wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:

I understand now. Funny though, Frenchie only takes exception to my comments. Why's that then?
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Sun May 20, 2012 5:32 pm

Bedshammer wrote:
jak wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:

I understand now. Funny though, Frenchie only takes exception to my comments. Why's that then?

OH dear.... when the comments are being funny its not a problem is it ??? but when they are just sniping then it just grates
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Sun May 20, 2012 5:42 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:
jak wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:

OH dear.... when the comments are being funny its not a problem is it ??? but when they are just sniping then it just grates

Indeed it does.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun May 20, 2012 5:43 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:
jak wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:

I think Spurs and Hormones have a lot to answer for. Very Happy

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Sun May 20, 2012 5:44 pm

Well you would... Spurs have nothing to answer for......
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum