JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rooney

5 posters

Go down

Rooney Empty Rooney

Post  villainies Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:51 pm

Moves ahead of Shearer, Lofthouse and Finney this evening. An impressive set of names but another 10 needed to move ahead of Owen.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Rooney Empty Re: Rooney

Post  QBVILLA Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:56 pm

It's definitely something to be proud of but I don't think Rooney will ever truly fulfil his potential as an international no matter how many goals he ends up with.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:06 pm

You may well be right there. I doubt he'll ever play in a really good England team but is another 20 goals possible? I think he can do it if he gets lucky with injuries.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:08 pm

Rooney will end up playing slightly deeper and influencing the game more I reckon.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:14 pm

He's only 26 so you'd think he should comfortably get another 19 goals to top Bobby Charlton's record. However, at 25 Owen looked nailed on for record cap and goalscorer. I think he'll manage it and hopefully he'll manage a decent finals tournament. Something he hasn't done since he was 18yrs old
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:19 pm

He dont have much hope if he is playing with that lot tonight, awful. Kyle Walker is a lad I admire for his forward play at Villa and Spurs, he looked scared stiff of keeping and running with the ball tonight. Not picking just him out, was just so surprised at his play.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:26 pm

I don't know how Welbeck got MOTM either. Numerous occasions he had opportunities to take the last man on but took the easy option and laid it off. Pointless game though. San Marino shouldn't be involved in big tournaments.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:34 pm

Wellbeck scored a good goal, but I thought his link up play was average at best. As for MOTM, would probably have plumped for Baines, best of an average bunch. They continually tried to play through the middle instead of getting the ball wide and spreading the play. Did I hear San Marino had a population of 30,000. Maybe I will move there and perhaps could get a game for them, fact is they are never going to improve
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:22 am

villanfromluton wrote:Wellbeck scored a good goal, but I thought his link up play was average at best. As for MOTM, would probably have plumped for Baines, best of an average bunch. They continually tried to play through the middle instead of getting the ball wide and spreading the play. Did I hear San Marino had a population of 30,000. Maybe I will move there and perhaps could get a game for them, fact is they are never going to improve
They could have a population of 12 and you wouldn't make the final 11.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:45 pm

IMO Rooney has not been managed well. He was a fantastic youngster with loads of ability, physical strength etc but I truly believe that had he been nurtured by an Arsene Wenger-type manager he would have developed into a far better player. For me he's been treated like your typical English (Irish?) hero - let him tie a few on, let him do what he wants, he's great - he's been "allowed" to do what he wants and even now he turns up pre-season overweight, he's probably got character issues - another coach would have got him doing the best for himself in terms of fitness and his obvious football abilities. I still reckon he can do the business but, if things don't go so well or he doesn't achieve what he might have I think there'll be cause for regret - for us, the fans, not for him of course (as in the famous Georgie Best story "Where did it all go wrong?")!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:38 pm

I wonder if Rooney was registered at birth. He looks a lot older than 26 to me. He looks fecked.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:02 pm

jpr60 wrote:IMO Rooney has not been managed well. He was a fantastic youngster with loads of ability, physical strength etc but I truly believe that had he been nurtured by an Arsene Wenger-type manager he would have developed into a far better player. For me he's been treated like your typical English (Irish?) hero - let him tie a few on, let him do what he wants, he's great - he's been "allowed" to do what he wants and even now he turns up pre-season overweight, he's probably got character issues - another coach would have got him doing the best for himself in terms of fitness and his obvious football abilities. I still reckon he can do the business but, if things don't go so well or he doesn't achieve what he might have I think there'll be cause for regret - for us, the fans, not for him of course (as in the famous Georgie Best story "Where did it all go wrong?")!

Not too sure I agree with you there JP, Fergie does seem to have done a great job with many youngsters
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:03 pm

So did Jimmy Savile and they too were fcuked
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:08 pm

QBVILLA wrote:So did Jimmy Savile and they too were fcuked

You are a fecking disgrace, have you seen how some of those young girls have turned out, even villainies would say no and all down to the low esteem after that fecking Saville did those things to them
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:00 am

villanfromluton wrote:
jpr60 wrote:IMO Rooney has not been managed well. He was a fantastic youngster with loads of ability, physical strength etc but I truly believe that had he been nurtured by an Arsene Wenger-type manager he would have developed into a far better player. For me he's been treated like your typical English (Irish?) hero - let him tie a few on, let him do what he wants, he's great - he's been "allowed" to do what he wants and even now he turns up pre-season overweight, he's probably got character issues - another coach would have got him doing the best for himself in terms of fitness and his obvious football abilities. I still reckon he can do the business but, if things don't go so well or he doesn't achieve what he might have I think there'll be cause for regret - for us, the fans, not for him of course (as in the famous Georgie Best story "Where did it all go wrong?")!

Not too sure I agree with you there JP, Fergie does seem to have done a great job with many youngsters

Yes, but not with Rooney, apparently.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum