JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Benteke...

5 posters

Go down

Benteke... Empty Benteke...

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:09 pm

Very nice to see you scoring freely for your Country.. now can we have some goals for Villa too..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Benteke... Empty Re: Benteke...

Post  Jay.P.A Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:59 pm

Can't really compare. He's got the likes of Hazard, Dembele, Fellaini, Witsel and Defour creating chances for him.

He's getting closer and closer for villa though.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:53 pm

Jay.P.A wrote:Can't really compare. He's got the likes of Hazard, Dembele, Fellaini, Witsel and Defour creating chances for him.

The chances he has missed have feck all to do with who have been creating the chances. Against the Albion he was woeful. Against Swansea he missed an open goal and against Spurs he fluffed a free header at 0-0. He needs to up his game and a couple of international goals will benefit his confidence but don't make excuses for the chances he's missed. I'd be disappointed to miss those chances at Powerleague.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:46 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
Jay.P.A wrote:Can't really compare. He's got the likes of Hazard, Dembele, Fellaini, Witsel and Defour creating chances for him.

The chances he has missed have feck all to do with who have been creating the chances. Against the Albion he was woeful. Against Swansea he missed an open goal and against Spurs he fluffed a free header at 0-0. He needs to up his game and a couple of international goals will benefit his confidence but don't make excuses for the chances he's missed. I'd be disappointed to miss those chances at Powerleague.

True, but it's only been 4 or so games. Took his debut goal quite well. And his goals for Belgium were taken well, think Hazard assisted them both, with pin point crosses.

The one against Swansea was actually unlucky, Williams took a swipe at it and completely missed, didn't give Benteke too much time to adjust.

He's a confident lad, no doubt once he gets used to the PL, he'll be a good striker for us.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:02 am

Certainly hope so. I'm not writing him off and the fact he's getting into goal scoring positions is definitely a positive. However, i'd wager had Bent had those chances he'd have two more goals to his name at least.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:00 am

QBVILLA wrote:Certainly hope so. I'm not writing him off and the fact he's getting into goal scoring positions is definitely a positive. However, i'd wager had Bent had those chances he'd have two more goals to his name at least.

Bent missed some sitters the start of last season, home games against Newcastle and I think it was Baggies spring to mind but there was more than a few. Plus I'm sure against Wolves he put a similar header over the bar.

The obsession with Bent I will never get. He's a good player to have a home against weeker teams but against the bigger team away we might as well have a traffic cone up front.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:09 am

roadoftrinity wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:Certainly hope so. I'm not writing him off and the fact he's getting into goal scoring positions is definitely a positive. However, i'd wager had Bent had those chances he'd have two more goals to his name at least.

Bent missed some sitters the start of last season, home games against Newcastle and I think it was Baggies spring to mind but there was more than a few. Plus I'm sure against Wolves he put a similar header over the bar.

The obsession with Bent I will never get. He's a good player to have a home against weeker teams but against the bigger team away we might as well have a traffic cone up front.

Agreed.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:17 pm

QB is right.. the chances he missed he should've tucked away.. the fact he is starting and scoring for Belgium is a positive for us i would think..

Bent is dividing opinions at Villa.. he does miss a few but i would start both together as a partnership.. heard somewhere last season minutes on pitch to goals ratio Bent was best in the premier league.. he def scores goals..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:14 pm

Bent is a match winner, no doubt it - but only if the team he is in creates the chances in the box for him.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:45 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:

It's not an obsession, merely an observation. His goals to gane ratio stand up against anyone in the league. I'll bet now that if Benteke is still a Premier league player his record won't be much more than 1 in 4. For me the number 9 has one job and that's to score. Bent has done his job for the last ten yeats.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:47 pm

Ha, sorry, I was speaking about people in general and not that you have a set of Darren Bent pj's and his poster on your wall.

I hope Bent proves me wrong and he bangs them in, i just feel he lost motivation after we sold Downing and Young. Think on Saturday we will see Benteke and Bent up front, Bent has never really worked with a target man up front but fingers crossed.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:36 pm

No excuses for the misses v Baggies and Spuds, bad misses end of story. He does have potential and think the fact he scored against a world class defence like the jocks will do wonders for his confidence Wink . Would start with Bent and Gabby tomorrow though. Bent is a goalscorer, cant believe some Villa fans think he aint good enough for us, deluded
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:02 pm

villanfromluton wrote:No excuses for the misses v Baggies and Spuds, bad misses end of story. He does have potential and think the fact he scored against a world class defence like the jocks will do wonders for his confidence Wink . Would start with Bent and Gabby tomorrow though. Bent is a goalscorer, cant believe some Villa fans think he aint good enough for us, deluded

Not saying he's not good enough for us, I'm just not sure he is right for us.

I remember MON said when he sold Kevin Phillips, that at the time he wasn't right for us because we werent creating enough chances. But in a couple of years he could score loads. Unfortunately we should have had Bent when we signed Heskey. Now I'm just not sure he is right for us.

I can see him ending up at Liverpool and doing well there.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:06 pm

I think he will probably end up there as well ROT and am not sure that he will fit into the way Lambert plays, but thought he would start v Spuds after the way he came on v the Baggies and showed great desire, that I agree may have been missing at times.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:15 pm

villanfromluton wrote:I think he will probably end up there as well ROT and am not sure that he will fit into the way Lambert plays, but thought he would start v Spuds after the way he came on v the Baggies and showed great desire, that I agree may have been missing at times.

Think he would have started against Spurs but apparently after the Baggies game he hunted down sky to be interviewed, which they said on Talksport was unheard of from a footballer, then all the interviews in the week. Lambert obviously thought **** you, I'm the boss.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:19 pm

If that is the case, dont blame the manager and Bent deserves what he got. He started the season poor, scored against Southampton, but then the team played well at Man City. Think Lambert has a big work ethic and to be fair to Bent, I dont think he is as lazy as some suggest, but there does seem to be an issue. Thought he was more of a man than that to be honest, proved his point v the Baggies, should have got on with it
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:47 pm

Yeah unfortunately he was miss-sold a dream by GH, Young and Downing left.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:52 am

If Villa don't build a team around Bent's ability to score 20 a season, then Lambert is a foolish man.

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:44 pm

From reports Bent didn't do anything all game and Bentke missed another good chance.

Ireland doesn't fit a 4-4-2 system. Midfield gets out muscled.

Norwich a massive game now!
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:41 pm

Benteke should've taken his chance.

Gabby was a livewire all afternoon, but yeah Bent didn't have a lot to do.

Just not clicking at the moment.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:11 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:If Villa don't build a team around Bent's ability to score 20 a season, then Lambert is a foolish man.

If there is ever a comment to keep Bent out of the team Rolling Eyes
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum