JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Norwich..

+4
roadoftrinity
Jay.P.A
truevillan
ADRIAN_1976
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Norwich.. Empty Norwich..

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:52 am

Massive game today.. need the three points and a good performance..

ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Norwich.. Empty Re: Norwich..

Post  truevillan Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:40 am

Yup, NC are poor but im afraid we are too, with the crowd behind us we should get the 3 points but hey cud be another bore draw ... god we need points right now with the big games coming up ...i still feel it will come together soon and PL has my backing at least for a while. he needs more time and some more Prem experience players in January the young ones just aint cutting it at the mo but will be ok for the future...UTV
truevillan
truevillan

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:27 am

Massive, MASSIVE game.

Keep the faith.

UTV
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:09 pm

First chance ive had to watch Villa this season..

20 mins gone so far and we look shit Shocked
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:15 pm

1-0.. against run of play but who cares Very Happy

Good control and finish from Benteke..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:37 pm

Albrighton is shite!

Nice finish though.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:03 pm

Albrighton is piss poor and Delph need to do one back to Leeds..

Bentke showed signs of promise..

Shame we played with ten men because it will slightly cover up the fact Norwich out played us in our own back yard..

After the Sunderland game we have Man U, City and Arsenal to come affraid

Worrying times............
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  truevillan Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:11 pm

Crying or Very sad 1-1 pi$$ poor
truevillan
truevillan

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:14 pm

How do we get Bannan and Ireland into a 4-4-2 formation thou..

Unless we play them two behind one striker and three in middle.. K EA Herd and Holman in middle and them two behind Bent or Bentke..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:50 pm

I thought Albrighton was the next big thing. Remember being jumped on when I said he wouldn't grow into a Premiership player. bounce

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Bonds Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:36 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:I thought Albrighton was the next big thing. R
emember being jumped on when I said he wouldn't grow into a Premiership player.
bounce

you get that from us wh fans to when you put the fecking mocca bocca on them to,,,,oh the names you used to hipe on about know where are they,,,er hmm

Billy Bonds
Sir Twat

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:25 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:I thought Albrighton was the next big thing. Remember being jumped on when I said he wouldn't grow into a Premiership player. bounce

Where's Zavon Hines? Freddie Sears?

As I recall, you said they'd both turn out to be great players. bounce

Albrighton is just low on confidence. We know what he's capable of. He needs to innovate his way of playing on the wing.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:07 pm

Albrighton is a proper winger playing in a formation which stifles his game by forcing him narrow. Good player in a shit team. Albrighton is not going to shine when he spends the majority of the game facing his own goal. Our back four is poor to say the least and Albrighton is going to struggle when he's receiving the ball midway in our own half. Dunne is a massive loss and we need him back asap.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:18 pm

About today's game,

Good points

I thought that Guzan was brilliant. When he was called upon, he pulled out some great saves. He had 3 one on ones, and saved them all. Really impressed with him as our number 1.

Vlaar - when we were up against it, he was there leading the way - throwing his body in the way and reading the game very well. He didn't panic when we went down to 10 men, and showed great character, especially during the last 15 minutes when they were bombarding us. Made important last ditch blocks and tackles.

Herd - very impressive today. Played very well, composed, and won most aerial battles with Holt. Even more impressive considering he hasn't played in the first team for a while, and even then, he hasn't played in central defence for the first team for a year or so.

Benteke - was immense. Ran the show. Man of the Match performance in my view. Won EVERYTHING in the air, including headers he looked like he wouldn't win, flick ons, and controlling the ball comfortably when needed. Had one chance and took it brilliantly, bullied their defenders all game. His movement was also great off the ball. Really not sure why he was taken off, unless PL wants him to start against Swindon.

Bad points

Bennett - not his best game unfortunately. Got booked for a bad tackle early on and then got sent off for another bad foul. We were 1-0 up at that point, and were comfortable. His sending off changed everything.

Holman - workaholic, assisted Benteke with a great cross - but seriously, this guy could not pass very well today. Fecked up a couple of easy passes, or gave the ball away too frequently. One instance was when we were attacking down the left in the first half, he messed up a 2 yard pass with Bennett, who was flanking down the wing.

Albrighton - had a poor game, didn't get involved in much and don't remember any crosses going in from him. But I think the stick he's getting right now from a few fans on Villa fans forums is a bit harsh. You've got to remember he's just coming back from a breaking a bone in his foot, so give him a little bit of time to compose himself again IMO.

Bent - Not much of an impact when he came on, but you can't really expect anything from him when we're down to 10 men. Didn't win one header at all when he came on.

Passing - Our passing was shite today for most of the game. There was one period in the game, after we scored when we held the ball quite well, Delph and KEA were passing around and kept it moving. But then we couldn't keep the ball for more then 10 seconds. When we had the ball we went no where or just simply gave it away. We're lucky Norwich were shite today as well, otherwise it would've been a complete embarrassment.

One thing I noticed was that we had Bannan on the bench, a player who can pass and move probably better then everyone in our midfield yet didn't come on. I'm sure he would've come on in the game at some point if we didn't get a man sent off, but I think we should give KEA and Bannan a go in midfield. KEA and Delph are too similar IMO.

Overall, generally disappointed. Worst start in 46 years? Jheeze!

Last edited by Jay.P.A on Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:18 pm

Said to Ades before the game that i would have possibly had 5 of the subs in the team. Only saw the first half and got to say Benteke aside, we were proper shite. Me and the lad were laughing at the fact Delph could only pass to Bennett. Gabby was anonymous and Albrighton was piss poor. Was hoping confidence would improve after the goal, but the ball was still like a bird running away from QB, the lads were scared of it. Bennetts first booking was well deserved, havent seen the second to be fair. Norwich looked almost as shit as us in the first half to be fair

As for Jesus and his words of wisdom, ibrahim is going to be a world star aint he? I think Albrighton can have a good future but he dont look at the races so far.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:22 pm

Jay, I agree with you that Bannan needs a go in the team, he can pass a fecking ball. I would have Ireland in the team and one up front, that being Benteke after his first half performance. Tio think the dopey yam yam thought he was a double of Emile, WTF does he know
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:09 pm

QBVILLA wrote:Albrighton is a proper winger playing in a formation which stifles his game by forcing him narrow. Good player in a shit team. Albrighton is not going to shine when he spends the majority of the game facing his own goal. Our back four is poor to say the least and Albrighton is going to struggle when he's receiving the ball midway in our own half. Dunne is a massive loss and we need him back asap.

Albrigton is a lightweight.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:47 pm

jak wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:Albrighton is a proper winger playing in a formation which stifles his game by forcing him narrow. Good player in a shit team. Albrighton is not going to shine when he spends the majority of the game facing his own goal. Our back four is poor to say the least and Albrighton is going to struggle when he's receiving the ball midway in our own half. Dunne is a massive loss and we need him back asap.

Define lightweight please?
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:00 am

Jay.P.A wrote:
jak wrote:

Define lightweight please?

He is not robust enough to be a success in the PL as he is at the moment. I doubt that he ever will be. A weakling, too easily moved off the ball. Not up to the job. A lightweight.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:48 am

Norwich.. Theo_walcott_face_image-1310874661
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:25 am

Walcott has not fulfilled his potential, in my view but you obviously see him on a par with Albrighton. Judging by the timing of your post you must have been getting a little tired and emotional. Very Happy

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:49 am

Albrighton doesn't have the pace of Walcott so is on a negative there strait away..

For me it might be formation but get the feeling he's not progressed. If anything hes gone backwards.. He's crossing had become piss poor.. Right now he's not even Prem standard.. Needs to up his game ASAP or will end up like Routledge ( even thou he's doing half decent at Swansea now! )
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:01 pm

I thought Vlaar was crap. If he wasn't so badly positioned in the first place he wouldn't have to make so many last ditch blocks. Norwich should have also had a penalty due to his stupid challenge on Bennett as well. Good centre halves don't get their shorts dirty.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:15 pm

jak wrote:Walcott has not fulfilled his potential, in my view but you obviously see him on a par with Albrighton. Judging by the timing of your post you must have been getting a little tired and emotional. Very Happy

No, was just saying that people still view him as a very important part of your squad, how many times has he come on and saved Arsenal? The size and weight of a winger doesn't matter matter in football. If you got the technique, that's what's important.

We've seen Albrighton whip in some great balls in the box, take on a players and do some trickery. I think the lad is just very short in confidence. Judging by the timing of your post, you were probably up for your second piss of the night Razz
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:27 pm

QBVILLA wrote:I thought Vlaar was crap. If he wasn't so badly positioned in the first place he wouldn't have to make so many last ditch blocks. Norwich should have also had a penalty due to his stupid challenge on Bennett as well. Good centre halves don't get their shorts dirty.

I've noticed he's been out of position a few times too. Think he is a good defender so hoping he settles and gets better with his positioning. Would like someone like Dawson next to him. Could make a good partnership.

Lowton looks to me will make the grade. BENNETT the jury is still out on. He needs to up his game but we will know more about him this time next year when he's had a year or so of prem football.

PL still probably needs to bring in 4/5 players with a few going out..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next