JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not Celebrating

+4
jpr60
ADRIAN_1976
spirit
villainies
8 posters

Go down

Not Celebrating Empty Not Celebrating

Post  villainies Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:58 pm

When did this non celebration when you score against former clubs nonsense start then? What a load of bobbins it is. Obviously Adebayors full pitch length sprint to the Gooners complete with knee slide was a bit OTT and uncalled for/ confrontational (side splittingly funny though) but as far as i'm concerned there is no problem for someone to celebrate a goal at a former club. Its no disrespect to your former employer or the fans. Its a silly gesture that needs stamping out IMHO.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Not Celebrating Empty Re: Not Celebrating

Post  spirit Fri May 03, 2013 3:19 pm

I agree, if they have so much respect for their former teams why did they leave? if a villa player scores I want to see him celebrate, regardless of who the other team is

spirit

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Fri May 03, 2013 3:27 pm

To be honest i couldn't give a flying feck if a player didn't celebrate as long as he banged the goals in against his former club..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri May 03, 2013 7:37 pm

I'd love to see players behaving "normally" after scoring goals, as they did in yesteryear. OK, if you score a blinder you're entitled to camp it up a bit but two hands to the heavens, the run to the corner flag, the skid on the knees after you've scored a tap-in - NO! The likes of Jimmy Greaves, Denis Law (and, TBH no finer goal-scorers are you ever likely to see) simply shook hands or, at best raised an arm to the crowd after tucking the ball home. Now it's the kissing-of-the-badge or taking-off-the shirt. In the old days all that swanning about was considered distasteful by us Brits - how the world has changed.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Fri May 03, 2013 8:03 pm

I like to see the goalscorer celebrating with the fans. A fist pump to the crowd and a big "come on" to raise the volume is great. One of the worst goal celebrations i've seen was after a Chelsea goal while Lampard was off following the death of his mother. The Chelsea players held aloft a Chelsea shirt which had RIP Pat on it. How fecking tacky is that?
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri May 03, 2013 11:19 pm

If I was a Villa fan and scored in front of the holteagainst villa , no way whould I celebrate tbh. If I had played for villa and scored against them, up to me, but can understand the reluctance. Im pist by the way as long day
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Reddi! Wed May 08, 2013 7:54 pm

jpr60 wrote:I'd love to see players behaving "normally" after scoring goals, as they did in yesteryear. OK, if you score a blinder you're entitled to camp it up a bit but two hands to the heavens, the run to the corner flag, the skid on the knees after you've scored a tap-in - NO! The likes of Jimmy Greaves, Denis Law (and, TBH no finer goal-scorers are you ever likely to see) simply shook hands or, at best raised an arm to the crowd after tucking the ball home. Now it's the kissing-of-the-badge or taking-off-the shirt. In the old days all that swanning about was considered distasteful by us Brits - how the world has changed.

Denis Law started the thing off when he knocked the goal in for Citeh which relegated ManUre.
Reddi!
Reddi!

http://www.yma-associates.com

Back to top Go down

Post  spirit Wed May 08, 2013 10:12 pm

villanfromluton wrote:If I was a Villa fan and scored in front of the holteagainst villa , no way whould I celebrate tbh. If I had played for villa and scored against them, up to me, but can understand the reluctance. Im pist by the way as long day
made me laugh bounce

spirit

Back to top Go down

Post  Reddi! Thu May 09, 2013 4:37 am

villanfromluton wrote:If I was a Villa fan and scored in front of the holteagainst villa , no way whould I celebrate tbh. If I had played for villa and scored against them, up to me, but can understand the reluctance. Im pist by the way as long day

Disgrace!! Mad No
Reddi!
Reddi!

http://www.yma-associates.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bully 9 Thu May 09, 2013 7:08 am

That's not like you Lutes.............. Wink
Bully 9
Bully 9

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum