JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ManU looking for a manager?

+5
jak
QBVILLA
villainies
MrMagoo
jpr60
9 posters

Go down

ManU looking for a manager? Empty ManU looking for a manager?

Post  jpr60 Wed May 08, 2013 8:11 am

The Special One to Manchester?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

ManU looking for a manager? Empty Re: ManU looking for a manager?

Post  MrMagoo Wed May 08, 2013 8:26 am

Bookies have it between himself and Moyes
MrMagoo
MrMagoo
Da Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Wed May 08, 2013 8:36 am

If the football world weren't so fecked up it would be Moyes but I think we'll see the special one and Ronaldo making their way from Spain.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed May 08, 2013 9:05 am

As a bloke I have never warmed to him but he is the greatest manager that British football has ever seen so he gets my admiration. Grudgingly. Hopefully United will now fall apart, get relegated and go out of business. Fingers crossed Very Happy
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed May 08, 2013 9:38 am

I know what you mean QB - we've now got to put up with everyone-and-his-dog eulogizing Sir Alex, conveniently forgetting that he was often a nasty piece of work - still, as you say he's done it all and earned his rewards.
Could be a massive hit for ManU - elsewhere Tabloid Wayne is quoted as saying he wants to join Bayern Munich - who knows what the repercussions might be. I know one thing, I don't wish The Special One on them, Moyes could be a like-for-like (but that is not certain). Oh well, we'll see.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Wed May 08, 2013 9:54 am

QBVILLA wrote:As a bloke I have never warmed to him but he is the greatest manager that British football has ever seen so he gets my admiration. Grudgingly. Hopefully United will now fall apart, get relegated and go out of business. Fingers crossed Very Happy

My sentiments entirely.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Wed May 08, 2013 10:03 am

I wonder, given the chosen one's comments after Real knocked out united in the CL, if a deal hasn't already been done. He was almost tonguing Fergies backside
Time will tell.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  MrMagoo Wed May 08, 2013 10:16 am

jak wrote:I wonder, given the chosen one's comments after Real knocked out united in the CL, if a deal hasn't already been done. He was almost tonguing Fergies backside
Time will tell.

Whoever it is going to be, it will almost certainly have been agreed some time ago alright
MrMagoo
MrMagoo
Da Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Wed May 08, 2013 10:43 am

jpr60 wrote:I know what you mean QB - we've now got to put up with everyone-and-his-dog eulogizing Sir Alex, conveniently forgetting that he was often a nasty piece of work - still, as you say he's done it all and earned his rewards.
Could be a massive hit for ManU - elsewhere Tabloid Wayne is quoted as saying he wants to join Bayern Munich - who knows what the repercussions might be. I know one thing, I don't wish The Special One on them, Moyes could be a like-for-like (but that is not certain). Oh well, we'll see.

Once in a while be a bigger man and give some credit where its due.
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed May 08, 2013 10:43 am

jak wrote:I wonder, given the chosen one's comments after Real knocked out united in the CL, if a deal hasn't already been done. He was almost tonguing Fergies backside
Time will tell.

I was speaking to a United supporting mate (aged 37, he's been to Old Trafford twice) at the time and said Fergie would retire if Man Utd had the opportunity to get Mourhino.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed May 08, 2013 10:44 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
jpr60 wrote:I know what you mean QB - we've now got to put up with everyone-and-his-dog eulogizing Sir Alex, conveniently forgetting that he was often a nasty piece of work - still, as you say he's done it all and earned his rewards.Could be a massive hit for ManU - elsewhere Tabloid Wayne is quoted as saying he wants to join Bayern Munich - who knows what the repercussions might be. I know one thing, I don't wish The Special One on them, Moyes could be a like-for-like (but that is not certain). Oh well, we'll see.

He fecking did in the same sentence Very Happy
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Wed May 08, 2013 10:45 am

QBVILLA wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
jpr60 wrote:I know what you mean QB - we've now got to put up with everyone-and-his-dog eulogizing Sir Alex, conveniently forgetting that he was often a nasty piece of work - still, as you say he's done it all and earned his rewards.Could be a massive hit for ManU - elsewhere Tabloid Wayne is quoted as saying he wants to join Bayern Munich - who knows what the repercussions might be. I know one thing, I don't wish The Special One on them, Moyes could be a like-for-like (but that is not certain). Oh well, we'll see.

He fecking did in the same sentence Very Happy

Not without getting the proper swipe in first Very Happy
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed May 08, 2013 10:48 am

I think JPR's comments echo that of the majority of football fans across Britain. Ferguson has only ever been gracious in victory, never in defeat. He's got away with things other managers never would. When you look at his achievements then you have to say he has been the greatest, but a likeable bloke??? Not IMO.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Wed May 08, 2013 11:46 am

Regarding Jpr i think he finds it hard to give credit a rival.. he said some comical stuff regarding Bale and Ronaldo along the lines of if you shoot often enough and hard enough you will score goal here and there Laughing

As for Fergie.. well to survive at the top of any business esp as cut throat as the football world you have to be strong minded and ruthless.. that's why he is been No.1.. and it is why he has been a success and has re built teams time and time again and managed to compete with all the challenges thrown at him from various clubs and managers..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Wed May 08, 2013 11:52 am

Ades, he's not dead. We don't have to eulogise him.
He's been a great manager, but he's still a nasty piece of work
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed May 08, 2013 12:10 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Regarding Jpr i think he finds it hard to give credit a rival.. he said some comical stuff regarding Bale and Ronaldo along the lines of if you shoot often enough and hard enough you will score goal here and there Laughing

As for Fergie.. well to survive at the top of any business esp as cut throat as the football world you have to be strong minded and ruthless.. that's why he is been No.1.. and it is why he has been a success and has re built teams time and time again and managed to compete with all the challenges thrown at him from various clubs and managers..

I don't think anyone disagrees with you on Ferguson's greatness as a manager. He has been guilty of a lot of wrongdoing as well though.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Wed May 08, 2013 12:41 pm

Personally I think Moyes will get the job, and Mourinho back to Chelsea.

This makes everything interesting again though, as QB said, imagine if Utd started to crumble! What will ALL these plastic fans do then eh? Very Happy
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Wed May 08, 2013 1:24 pm

Long term I reckon Moyes could be great at Man U but it would probably take him a couple of seasons to adjust to operating at such a big club. The expectation is to win almost every match, silverware every season and deal with the egos of some of the worlds top footballers. In this respect Maureen could step in and continue where SAF left off but Moyes could find that a great burden. I hope he gets the chance but I'm not sure a manager gets a couple or 3 seasons anymore and the 'fans' want a big name.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed May 08, 2013 5:06 pm

It's the beginning of "Management Musical Chairs" - have to say I'm pretty motivated, thinking of the potential changes that could occur. If I were a ManU fan I'd be despondent, of course (although it was gonna happen sooner or later) but I'm sure the replacement is already primed to be announced very soon and, depending on that we could well see some surprises. Everton could well be looking for a boss, Real Madrid already (apparently) have Ancelotti coming in from PSG so Benitez could be going to Paris (or will he stay in England?) or will there be a job in Germany? Is The Special One really rejoining Chelsea? I think there'll be some announcements in the coming days - ManU will be wanting to protect their business profile (which makes me think that Mourinho could also be "The Preferred One") - lots of potential to cause lots of unrest whilst we wallow in Sir Alec's "All Our Yesterdays".

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Wed May 08, 2013 5:19 pm

I think they've said they hope to announce his replacement by the weekend.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Wed May 08, 2013 6:21 pm

Not manager managers that are gracious in defeat, in fact I can't think of any accept for Wenger. Shocked

Think Fergie had chilled out a bit in recent years but he's cpme out with some right shite this year, the Williams kicking the ball at Van Persie springs to mind. He's always been kind about Villa as we have always rolled over for Man U.

Reading some of the paper reports you see what an asswipe he was banning and yellong at reporters

Think Moyes will get the job.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed May 08, 2013 6:30 pm

A Scot with a tough background, he bullied people - reporters, his own players - and he encouraged his players to do likewise on the pitch. He could also motivate players to make them as a team greater than their component parts and this was, for me his strength. Whether someone else (Moyes?) can come in and do likewise with the current squad or simply go out and buy a few more (Mourinho) remains to be seen. Whoever has been chosen will obviously be up for it but whether they can handle the pressure is another matter.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Thu May 09, 2013 8:45 am

Not sure some of the fans will be happy about Moyes but I'm impressed Man U seem to be going for him. I hope they stick with him and key him grow into the job.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum