JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

London - Liverpool

4 posters

Go down

London - Liverpool Empty London - Liverpool

Post  jpr60 Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:35 pm

Looks like it's London - Liverpool - London - Liverpool as the Premier League top four this night. What chance is there that Manchester won't make a come-back somewhere but wouldn't it be nice if, for once they didn't?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

London - Liverpool Empty Re: London - Liverpool

Post  QBVILLA Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:53 pm

Man City have the best squad and i'd be surprised if they don't finish top two. To be fair they battered us on Saturday and really should have won. We were talking football in the pub last night and four of us had four different winners for the title. I said Arsenal based purely on the fact they are the only side with continuity and I think this season could see the title won with 75 points. Injuries and suspensions where Arsenal and Liverpool are concerned will be key. City are the strongest 25 and I'd say Spurs and Chelsea both also boast strength in depth. Man Utd are as weak as I can remember them but i'm always wary of writing them off. From a neutral point of view it's looking like being an exciting season with six sides realistic contenders.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:58 pm

I think Man U really needed to strengthen in the transfer window, they've relied a long time on too many players.
How long can you keep wheeling out the likes of Giggs, Ferdinand and the clearly crocked Vidic. Many of their younger players don't look up to the job. I think they've got real problems that need major surgery, that's not going to be easy.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:05 pm

It's early days and yes, ManC have an amazing squad of players so they'll certainly be heading towards the top as the weeks go by. There are the European games to contend with too.

I remember Leicester City being top of the league way back when, I think they were top until shortly after their eighth match - then they slowly got dragged back and I believe that was the season they were eventually relegated, so anything can and might happen.

For now I'm just enjoying seeing a bit of a change at the top and it ain't half nice being top!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:13 pm

I think Man Utd will do very well to finish in the top 4, they have a number of players not as good as they were and others not quite good enough. The Fergie factor has gone and the way West Brom took the game to them on Saturday showed that the fear of playing them seems to have disappeared.

I think Man City do have the strongest squad, but the thing with some of these players new to this country is they will take a bit of time adapting and the away form has been very poor so far. I will be surprised if they dont finish in the top two.

Arsenal are playing good football, but I would say the biggest difference at the moment is the role Flamini is playing in protecting the back four. Have to say his signing is proving to be a great decision. They have injury problems and when these players return they will have some squad.

Tottenham look to have a strong squad to me as well. The lad Eriksen looks a top player, still think they should have got Benteke to play up front and wonder if they have enough goals in them, top 4 is certainly a strong possibility though. Not sure of Rose at left back and as much as I like Dawson, not sure he is good enough against the top strikers. Chelsea will end up regretting letting Lukaku on loan, though Torres looked sharper than for a long time on Saturday.

This leaves the two scouse clubs. I like the look of the Liverpool team, not sure the squad has enough strength in depth. The last team is Everton. First half last night they looked superb, second half they were very poor. Lukaku will get lots of goals, Barry and McCarthy will do well in midfield. Dont think they will finish top 4, but could go close.

As others have said, it is good to see such an open premiership. If I had to bet on one team it would be Man City, but not with much conviction.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:49 pm

A fair summary, Luton. Have you been going to night school?Wink 

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content