JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England, eh?

3 posters

Go down

England, eh? Empty England, eh?

Post  jpr60 Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:28 pm

Well we've seen England beaten twice in a row now without getting any really positive feed-back (IMO).
So, nothing new then. I think the best we can hope for is the future (and I don't mean Brazil 2014). The likes of Barkley, Wilshere, Oxlaide-Chamberlain and Gibbs offer some hope for progress over the coming years but for now, despite Townsend's somewhat spectacular re-invention I don't see reason for too much optimism in the short term. England has a pretty ordinary bunch of players just now. Lallana has appeared as a spark to brighten the dullness - an English two-footed footballer - but elsewhere we're stuck, aren't we in the same-old story. Sturridge, for me is not the answer to the question : "Do we have a striker?" I'd frankly prefer to see Lambert start up-top - OK, he's an old-fashioned striker but at least he'd win a ball in the air (we failed to win a single one against Germany in their area) with Rooney playing off him.
I feel a bit sorry for Hodgson - he's in a no-win situation and will probably lose his job next year without hope of being able to turn the current pig's ear into anything resembling a silk purse.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

England, eh? Empty Re: England, eh?

Post  jak Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:03 am

England would show big improvement if they could start to string more than one pass together.
Better movement off the ball would be a big plus too!!!!
Technical naivety, why can't the 'coaches' see it?
Without these fundamental changes, it really is a waste of money sending them to Brazil.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:54 pm

They are shite, get McLeish in charge instead of a bloke who looks older than Jak
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:53 am

Thank you for your kind words.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content