JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exciting PL Season

3 posters

Go down

Exciting PL Season Empty Exciting PL Season

Post  jak Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:58 pm

This looks like being the best PL season for many years. It's wide open.
Good for football.

jak

Back to top Go down

Exciting PL Season Empty Re: Exciting PL Season

Post  QBVILLA Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:30 am

I think by January 1st it'll have a more familiar look to it. Lots of games in a short period highlights the stronger squads. For us I think had we been offered the chance to be three points behind Man Utd after 14 games there wouldn't have been a Villa fan in the world who'd have turned it down. For me the fact we are 9 points clear of 18th is the most important statistic. The bottom three are interesting as well. Sunderland are playing a lot better than their current position suggests. Palace with Pulis are an entirely different animal than they were under Holloway and with the quality of player Fulham have you'd think they can turn it around. Stoke will be looking over their shoulders nervously as will West Ham, but the fact they have Allardyce is enough for me to think they'll be safe come May. Anyone from 9th place down can in my opinion be part of the relegation dogfight and the title will be a three way battle between Arsenal,City and Chelsea. Liverpool,Everton,Spurs and United to make it a four way battle for 4th spot. Arsenal for me still need to bring in a couple of top quality signings in January to continue their momentum. Bet that opening day 3-1 home defeat seems like ancient history now eh Jak/JPR? bounce 
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:46 am

Yes, it seems that was a much needed kick up the arse for The Arsenal.
I'll be surprised if we don't sign either a CF or CB in January
Possibly both. That's where we're a bit thin.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:59 pm

In terms of individual brilliance ManC have the most potential, where any one or more of several players can turn a match. Chelsea have some of that potential too, even Liverpool, with Suarez have it but I'm pretty convinced that this current Arsenal squad is the best for teamwork. Our success thus far has been due to the whole team playing well, the defence as a unit supported by one or two midfield players, the midfield itself creating an amazing array of continually changing shapes to probe opposing defences culminating in goals being scored by just about everyone. If we can maintain this supportive teamwork ethic I believe we can do well against any opposition although, as I've said, a spark of individual brilliance from an opposing player can make the difference.
It's so nice to be up there at the top and I'm very much looking forward to the up-coming games against difficult opposition. There's the prospect of some interesting matches ahead! And yes, QB, who'd have thought it after the first game of the season?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:09 pm

And what about today's results for the "Top Teams", eh? The Mancs, Chelski - you couldn't make it up! Now The Arsenal, we're gonna win tomorrow!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:14 pm

Big game tomorrow
I'm heading for the UK in the morning but should be in the Pyrenees by tea time, I should be able to see it there.
I hope we can prevail. Come on you Gunners !!!!!!

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum