JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

oooooops

3 posters

Go down

oooooops Empty oooooops

Post  villanfromluton Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:38 pm

What a pathetic performance to celebrate Wenger's 1000th game in charge. Yet again they succumbed early on against a good team and the match was over. Why the heck was Flamini not starting, jus tthe type of player needed to break up the play.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

oooooops Empty Re: oooooops

Post  jak Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:46 pm

I cannot agree with you. For me it was more like

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS

I do agree with you that we just don't seem to get our team selection or tactics correct for these big games.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:32 pm

I only did 6 oooooo's

Flamini seems to have fallen out of favour Jak, I thought he was doing an excellent job earlier in the season. Did he not say something that Wenger took offence to, is that why he is out of the team now? You have no real pace in the team without Walcott, Giroud is about as fast as your brain
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:38 pm

I don't know why he did not start with Flamini against either Man City or Chelsea away, I'm not sure about Liverpool.
I listened to the game on the radio today while I was being dragged round the shops by her majesty, she's got her feckin pension to spend now. The commentator was scathing about our tactics and said that Wenger had got it wrong and that the difference between him, Ferguson and Mourinho was if they'd have cocked up they would have made a substitution after 20 minutes. I think the way we approach these games is a bit gung-ho and these top teams just run through us.
Chelsea went to the Emirates with a draw in mind, if they snatched a victory all so well and good.
Feck knows what was on our minds at Etihad, Anfield and Stamford Bridge. Tactically naive, is the only way to describe it.
I would like to acknowledge your compliment about my having a brain. Sadly I cannot reciprocate, cos you clearly haven't. Very Happy 

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:09 am

Jak, do you think Giroud is the striker you need playing the system you do, especially away from home when you are playing on the break? I think he is a good player, but surely there are better around, even in B6 I would suggest.

The defence needed protection today, even WestHamMark or QB would recognise that, so wtf is Wenger doing? Flamini seems a bit of a vocal voice as well, have to say madness and Wenger needs to explain soon
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:21 pm

It wasn't the team I'd have chosen - I'd certainly have included Flamini from the off. Nobody did anything of note for the team at Stamford Bridge - losing the ball or, on occasion giving it away was commonplace, no shape whatsoever - we were total crap and well-deserving of a good hiding, which is what we got (for the third time this season). Where do we go from here?
Thrash Swansea on Tuesday and Citeh at the weekend? I dunno - it's all a bit baffling to me TBH.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:46 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Jak, do you think Giroud is the striker you need playing the system you do, especially away from home when you are playing on the break? I think he is a good player, but surely there are better around, even in B6 I would suggest.

The defence needed protection today, even WestHamMark or QB would recognise that, so wtf is Wenger doing? Flamini seems a bit of a vocal voice as well, have to say madness and Wenger needs to explain soon

Giroud is a good player but you need a runner/s from midfield to pass him and then bring him back into the game again.
He just is not quick enough to play isolated as a lone striker.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum