JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Refereeing

4 posters

Go down

Refereeing Empty Refereeing

Post  jpr60 Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:57 am

The Mariner cock-up at Stamford Bridge raises some questions.
1) If the ref doesn't see an infringement and nor does his assistant (linesman), as was the case on Saturday, who interrupts his control of the match? Is it the players crowding around him demanding a penalty? Is it the fourth official?
2) If the answer to (1) is the fourth official (I hope), how can the ref (or anyone else for that matter) be sure that the advice he's getting is correct?
3) Given that the ref didn't see the hand-ball but then reacted to further advice how can he decide what punishment to give? Does he again have to follow instructions from the fourth official?
All of this would, of course be readily resolved by the use of video play-back which would take no longer than the incident on Saturday - the actions then taken would be totally justified to all. I just think this type of situation shows how much football needs to be brought up-to-date with other sports. The technology is there but, for some reason the powers-that-be insist on placing the ref in an impossible position and, IMO under today's rules if the ref or his assistant don't see something when they're the nearest to the situation then nothing should be done. A fourth official on the half-way line is not better placed to catch the detail (hence the wrong player being punished and sent off, on this occasion, when it should have been a yellow card as the rules state that the sending-off applies when a goalscoring chance has been illegally prevented - the shot in question was going wide).
What an effin' mess!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Refereeing Empty Re: Refereeing

Post  jak Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:42 pm

Yes and now both Gibbs and Oxlade-Chamberlain have been cleared, so we should have finished with eleven men.
This obviously had a mssive effect on a game we might have only lost 5-0. Very Happy I've gotta laugh or I'll cry.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:24 am

Some sort of justice has been done i.e. neither Gibbs nor The Ox will miss the next (tonight's) game, (if selected!) but there is no explanation regarding the cock-up itself (my questions 1 & 2 yesterday).
Oh well - we await the next one!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:53 am

jpr60 wrote:Some sort of justice has been done i.e. neither Gibbs nor The Ox will miss the next (tonight's) game, (if selected!) but there is no explanation regarding the cock-up itself (my questions 1 & 2 yesterday).
Oh well - we await the next one!

You can't get an answer to questions like that. They're too searching. Very Happy 

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Bonds Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:35 pm

The ref's in my Opinion are getting worse...

Billy Bonds
Sir Twat

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:16 pm

You're right, Mark. It's becoming a joke. So many games where the ref decides the result. It's a shambles.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:01 pm

Ref again influenced todays game, why did Rosiscky not booked for the blatant dive. Anti Arsenal as always eh lol
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:55 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Ref again influenced todays game, why did Rosiscky not booked for the blatant dive. Anti Arsenal as always eh lol

Now, now, Luton. Jamie Redknapp thought it was a penalty and so did Mr. Charles Farquell-Harson of 42, Brady Mansions,
Whitechapel, London E2.
Personally, I never saw it. Very Happy 

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:51 pm

jak wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:Ref again influenced todays game, why did Rosiscky not booked for the blatant dive. Anti Arsenal as always eh lol

Now, now, Luton. Jamie Redknapp thought it was a penalty and so did Mr. Charles Farquell-Harson of 42, Brady Mansions,
Whitechapel, London E2.
Personally, I never saw it. Very Happy 

Yeh lutes, leave it art son, course it was a pen!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:02 pm

West Ham v Liverpool. Referee Anthony Taylor
Another grossly incompetent performance from a referee.
Probably the books were balanced scorewise but do we really want referees balancing the books?
I'm getting sick to death of watching football results being effected by these jesters, week in week out.
It really is spoiling the game.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Bonds Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:14 pm

jak wrote:West Ham v Liverpool. Referee Anthony Taylor
Another grossly incompetent performance from a referee.
Probably the books were balanced scorewise but do we really want referees balancing the books?
I'm getting sick to death of watching football results being effected by these jesters, week in week out.
It really is spoiling the game.

Yep ,never a second penalty in a fecking million years.....his pockets today must have been stuffed with brown envelopes...ref's today aint worth shit

Billy Bonds
Sir Twat

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:24 pm

Hi Mark, have PM'd you.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:29 pm

jak wrote:Hi Mark, have PM'd you. Leatherman 
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:07 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
jak wrote:Hi Mark, have PM'd you. Leatherman 

Sorry, Luton, I didn't realise you were 'seeing' him. Very Happy 

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:17 pm

you can have the dopey eejit to yourself. As for the West Ham game, the worst decision the ref made was allowing the West Ham game
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:23 pm

villanfromluton wrote:you can have the dopey eejit to yourself. As for the West Ham game, the worst decision the ref made was allowing the West Ham game

I take it you mean GOAL, silly bollocks. Very Happy 
That was just one of a run of crazy decisions.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Bonds Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:49 pm

villanfromluton wrote:you can have the dopey eejit to yourself. As for the West Ham game, the worst decision the ref made was allowing the West Ham game

and even sillier one allowing the first fecking Penalty...eeeejit

Billy Bonds
Sir Twat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum