JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next season

3 posters

Go down

Next season Empty Next season

Post  jpr60 Fri May 23, 2014 8:33 pm

I was talking with a couple of mates, both Saints fans as it happens but we were looking at what the summer holds (aside from the World Cup) in terms of the future.
A s a Gooner I was surprised to find myself less stressed with the question "Who are you going to sign?" I imagined, for a moment how that question might have been received had we not won the FA Cup. Perhaps, for example, I'd be looking at "Who is going to be the manager next season?" which the poor old Saints fans seem to think will apply to them ("Surely not- your bloke joining Tottenham? Is he mad?"). There is certainly the possibility of lots of wheeling-and-dealing going on, from management level down and, I have to say, I'm truly up and ready for anything that might affect my favorite team. Meanwhile I don't feel too optimistic about ManU's choice of manager (and therein lies the problem - get rid of your manager and replace him with who?) - it seems to me that there are certain players at Old Trafford who may not welcome being told what to do (it it ain't Fergie who's doing the telling). Still, that's only one club.
Citeh - they probably need a heart, talent they've got, money they've got but where is that thing that's missing (only my opinion of course)?
Liverpool - they need defenders.
Chelsea - they need convincing (my opinion again but, having spoken to a few Chelsea fans recently I'm getting the feeling The Special One ain't being thought of as so special nowadays).
Arsenal? Well, it's all in front of us - we either do it or we don't but, right now, I'm optimistic (only a Gooner speaking, of course).

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Next season Empty Re: Next season

Post  jak Fri May 23, 2014 9:33 pm

I don't give a monkeys about the other teams, or their managers.
With regard to The Arsenal though, I am extremely optimistic. We are so nearly there. We MUST make the necessary additions to our squad this time. Mustn't we??? affraid 
I think we will, onward and upward!!!!!!

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:21 pm

Couple of months down the road and The Arsenal have certainly added a couple of decent players although I suspect there's at least one more to come in before the window slams shut at the end for August.
Of course everyone else has added to their respect playing staff too so it's probably gonna be another testing season ahead.
From a Chelsea point of view they've brought in an excellent replacement of Fat Frank (who will, bizarrely be starting as a Citeh player via the MLS) in Cesc Fabregas, who's a great talent IMO. Whether he gets on with The Special One might prove an interesting one to follow but, TBH they've got a good squad at The Bridge - there's a feeling (for those that still believe in TSO's magic) that since they didn't win the Premier League last season they must do it this time around (I think that's The Guardian's sportswriters' logic anyway) so Chelsea are considered perhaps as favorites for the title.
ManU are getting lots of attention cos of their new manager - if all goes well to begin with then it might be OK but if not, watch out for sparks to fly is my thinking.
Liverpool? Not sure they've got enough left after last season's brave push which faltered. This time around they're without Suarez (OK, again - and they would've been without him to start with anyway) and I don't see them being able to hit the heights they achieved last season.
ManCiteh - well, they've got all their important players so of course they're strong - we'll just have to wait and see whether the Rich And Famous can be arsed to come up with the goods again.
Then there'll be Everton, who're pushing for a higher place and who else? Tottenham, with their new manager (we can understand why he left Southampton now, given that the club were up for selling all their best players but moving to Tottenham?)? I don't think so (that's only a Gooner's opinion of course).
Will there be a surprise team? Burnley (I remember when they were a top club back in the '60's)?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:24 pm

I think The Arsenal are gonna be REAL good this season. Just need another centre back and the job is done.
COME ON YOU RIP ROARING GOAL SCORING GUNNERS

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:43 pm

Have to admit I share your enthusiasm jak - we is gonna hit 'em hard!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:06 pm

I expect Arsenal to fall short again in the League. Just not strong enough in any area of the game to compete with Chelsea and Man Citeh.

Huh 
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:21 pm

villainies wrote:I expect Arsenal to fall short again in the League. Just not strong enough in any area of the game to compete with Chelsea and Man Citeh.

Huh 

Not sure how up-to-date you are with the playing squads but I'd say we more than match both Chelski & Citeh in terms of quality - so, Arsenal it is then!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:08 pm

villainies wrote:I expect Arsenal to fall short again in the League. Just not strong enough in any area of the game to compete with Chelsea and Man Citeh.

Huh 

Nothing pleases me more than your current assessment. Going on your past predictions, we'll probably do the treble. Very Happy 
Incidentally, how do you think your team, Liverpool, will do this season? cyclops 

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:58 pm

Oh dear. You two bell-ends need to look long and hard at the squad and realise it's not all that. FFS we'll probably turn you over again and we're still relegation fodder. I think it's time to cut back on the absinthe fellas?
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:10 pm

Strange how it takes some - complete lack of strategic thought - still, they'll learn, i suppose!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:44 pm

Villainies? Lovely bloke, having an early menopause, so a bit ratty from time to time, still, we can understand that. Knows sweet f a about football though. Very Happy 

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:33 am

Gooners. Are you starting to see the light yet? Everton were tearing you apart yesterday.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:27 pm

villainies wrote:Gooners. Are you starting to see the light yet? Everton were tearing you apart yesterday.

Yes and we drew the match 2-2, despite the ref and assistants behaving badly! We played poorly - haven't quite got into the swing yet but it's coming.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:15 pm

Torn apart 2-2, with the oppo being gifted their second goal by 2 incompetent officials.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:16 pm

Another draw. Leicester! Arsenal are poor this season.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:10 pm

In like a Lamb out like a Lion.
Oh ye of little faith.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:52 pm

villainies wrote:Another draw. Leicester! Arsenal are poor this season.

One of just four unbeaten teams in the Premier League, despite the fact we haven't really started performing - the best is yet to come!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:18 pm

Huh 

Villainies knows what he's talking about aye.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:54 pm

I'm glad you do, it's all gobbledeegook to me. Are you European?

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum