JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Isnt it time

4 posters

Go down

Isnt it time Empty Isnt it time

Post  FrenchSpur Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:19 am

that the Internationals were broken down into divisions.. Mainly to stop the minnows having to suffer playing the likes of Germany??
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Isnt it time Empty Re: Isnt it time

Post  jak Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:44 pm

And to cut down on the amount of pointless internationals that are ruining the domestic season.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:58 pm

jak wrote:And to cut down on the amount of pointless internationals that are ruining the domestic season.

Exactly... Its embarrassing when the national squad cant fill wembly...
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:10 pm

Less than half full too. It's about time the greedy FA got the message.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:59 pm

They should have built the new national stadium in the Midlands - much more accessible to a greater proportion of the population. Not as convenient for the tossers at the FA or the shandy drinking supporters of the London clubs though....

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:45 pm

In many countries the national team plays home matches at different venues, which seems logical to me. However, if you want to put on a spectacle (I know) it may as well be in or around London cos if you ain't from the area you can at least plan a tasty trip, enjoying the splendors that London can offer, aside from said "spectacle". I wouldn't see a visit to The Midlands as much of an attraction (although I may be wrong) TBH. And I don't drink shandy - that's not to say I haven't drunk a shandy ever - it's not my beverage of choice. Right now I'm partaking of a pina colada but I've a very broad appreciation of liquid refreshment. Do try not to be too stuck in your area-based preconceptions young man!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:11 pm

London is overpriced and overrated though. One or two visits in a lifetime is enough. Everybody I know that still bothers going to see England never plans a 'tasty trip'. They travel to Wembley, have a few beers around the stadium, watch / sleep through the game and then travel home. Midweek games especially are a pain in the arse to get to for anybody from outside the Greater London area.

If we can't (and won't) have a geographically centrally located national stadium, then I like the idea of moving the games around the country. England could play at the Emirates in the south, St. Andrews in the midlands, Old Trafford in the north west and St. James' in the north east. Easy.

Isn't pina colada a drink for homosexuals and women?

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:51 pm

Tilton wrote:London is overpriced and overrated though. One or two visits in a lifetime is enough. Everybody I know that still bothers going to see England never plans a 'tasty trip'. They travel to Wembley, have a few beers around the stadium, watch / sleep through the game and then travel home. Midweek games especially are a pain in the arse to get to for anybody from outside the Greater London area.

If we can't (and won't) have a geographically centrally located national stadium, then I like the idea of moving the games around the country. England could play at the Emirates in the south, St. Andrews in the midlands, Old Trafford in the north west and St. James' in the north east. Easy.

I suspect that question is based on a preconceived idea you might have (e.g. "shandy-drinking supporters of the London clubs") - you really should get out more Tilts!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:17 pm

Tilton wrote:London is overpriced and overrated though. One or two visits in a lifetime is enough. Everybody I know that still bothers going to see England never plans a 'tasty trip'. They travel to Wembley, have a few beers around the stadium, watch / sleep through the game and then travel home. Midweek games especially are a pain in the arse to get to for anybody from outside the Greater London area.

Living away from the UK, I see the improvement in London everytime I return. It is a truly fantastic city and is turning previously undesirable areas into trendy habitats. London is really on the move. So, for me it is in no way overrated.
Overpriced? Which major capital city isn't?
The problem is, if you're not a Londoner, you really need a Londoner to show you the city.
I do think that the England team should play some fixtures in other parts of the country. why not?
Spain often play around the provinces.
With regard to piña colada, it's a nice drink but personally, I prefer a snowball.Wink

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:00 pm

jpr60 wrote:

I suspect that question is based on a preconceived idea you might have (e.g. "shandy-drinking supporters of the London clubs") - you really should get out more Tilts!

It's based on me only ever seeing pina coladas being drunk by homosexuals and women.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:17 pm

jak wrote:

Living away from the UK, I see the improvement in London everytime I return. It is a truly fantastic city and is turning previously undesirable areas into trendy habitats. London is really on the move. So, for me it is in no way overrated.
The problem is, if you're not a Londoner, you really need a Londoner to show you the city.
I do think that the England team should play some fixtures in other parts of the country. why not?
With regard to piña colada, it's a nice drink but personally, I prefer a snowball.Wink  

Well that's all very nice but who wants to visit London and go and look at somebody else's trendy house in an area that used to be a shit hole?

So we agree that London is overpriced. Capital city yes, but it's still a fecking rip-off whichever way you look at it. Just because other capitals are too, doesn't make it ok.

And what's this fascination about seeing London when you're going to watch a game of football? It's not a fecking holiday, it's going to the match. Believe it or not, a lot of England fans don't give a flying feck about what London does or does not have to offer. They are purely there for the football. The only things that interest them about London is how to get there and back as quickly as possible.

Pina Coladas, snowballs - you're a pair of old queens aren't you?

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:34 pm

Tilton wrote:
jak wrote:

Well that's all very nice but who wants to visit London and go and look at somebody else's trendy house in an area that used to be a shit hole?

So we agree that London is overpriced. Capital city yes, but it's still a fecking rip-off whichever way you look at it. Just because other capitals are too, doesn't make it ok.

And what's this fascination about seeing London when you're going to watch a game of football? It's not a fecking holiday, it's going to the match. Believe it or not, a lot of England fans don't give a flying feck about what London does or does not have to offer. They are purely there for the football. The only things that interest them about London is how to get there and back as quickly as possible.

Pina Coladas, snowballs - you're a pair of old queens aren't you?

I'm not talking about trendy houses. I'm talking about trendy areas with great eateries, bars and a terrific atmosphere.
My experience of people who find it necessary to knock our fantastic capital city, is that they feel out of their depth there.
I was in Sutton in Ashfield recently, talking to some locals (ay oop dook, who wants to go to fookin Loondon) who'd probably never left the place. Talk about blinkered, these people come from a different planet, they couldn't hack London so they try to tear it down. In turn I was recently in Canary Wharf in London, it is space age, fantastic. You should go.
Maybe you could try a piña colada or a snowball, in a place where we don't judge a man by the size of the bucket he slurps out of.Very Happy

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:37 pm

You can keep your trendy areas with your overpriced eateries and overpriced bars, full of trendy tossers drinking pina coladas and snowballs. Feck that shit. Not my idea of a 'tasty trip'.

Why would anybody feel 'out of their depth' or unable to 'hack' London?

It's a city, like many others. It's not some mystical land where strangers can't survive unless they've got special powers. There is the typical little Londonder attitude that the whole world revolves around the place. A view enhanced by the London based, London biased media in this country. It's over-hyped and overrated. No wonder that a  lot of the population think that Londonders are wankers (I'm not necessarily saying that you're a wanker, just Londoners in general).

I've been to Canary Wharf and it's ok. Nothing to get excited about though and I wouldn't go again unless I had to.

Anyway, got to go as my bucket needs refilling. And it's a BIG fucking bucket.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:57 pm

Of course a lot of the population think Londoners are wankers, a compliment indeed. cyclops Very Happy Very Happy

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:26 pm

London is a beautiful city, London is an interesting city, London is full of beautiful people - I wouldn't have wanted to have been born & brought up anywhere else. I've been around the world but returning to London has always brought me the warmth and thrill of belonging to such an amazing place. That's it really. You've either got it or you haven't - I'm lucky enough to have it.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:48 pm

London is right up there with the top cities in the world. There's none so blind as those that will not see.Wink

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum