JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Congratulations to Leicester; shame on Tottenham!

3 posters

Go down

Congratulations to Leicester; shame on Tottenham! Empty Congratulations to Leicester; shame on Tottenham!

Post  jpr60 Tue May 03, 2016 8:29 am

In the euphoria of Leicester winning the Premier League title we shouldn't overlook the shame that Tottenham brought upon themselves at Stamford Bridge last night.
I wasn't there and haven't seen the whole match but from what I have seen Tottenham were a disgrace to English football. I know, it wasn't all one-way, after all Ivanovic and Costa were on the field of play but Tottenham were extremely lucky to finish with eleven on the pitch IMO. Walker could have been sent off twice, Mason and Dier both committed red-card fouls and I hope there will be some retribution against both clubs for this sorry display.
As I recall, back in the day The Arsenal and ManU were punished for a so-called brawl on the pitch at Old Trafford - I think The Arsenal were held up as being the culprits and had points deducted. Well, last night's display was overall far worse IMO - we even had a manager manhandling players on the pitch!
I know, I'm a Gooner and I'd love to see Tottingham punished (I suspect there won't be a points deduction, after all this is the wonderful team who have had a superb season) but at least Dembéle, Lamela and Walker have to be punished for off-the-ball incidents that the ref apparently don't see (gouging, stamping and kicking respectively). Oh come on, take three points off Tottingham and give us a chance to finish second, eh Very Happy Failing to discipline players is the least that lot can be charged with - what a way to end the season No

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Congratulations to Leicester; shame on Tottenham! Empty Re: Congratulations to Leicester; shame on Tottenham!

Post  FrenchSpur Tue May 03, 2016 6:05 pm

Well there is no excuse for what went on. i would say that chelscum were a lot better at the niggly stuff... Spurs compared to them were just amateurs and did it in full view.... But if Spurs decide to play that way next season then I for one will not be counting myself as a supporter...... Sigh
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Congratulations to Leicester; shame on Tottenham! Empty Re: Congratulations to Leicester; shame on Tottenham!

Post  jpr60 Tue May 03, 2016 6:33 pm

Well said Frenchie - and I'll bet there's a lot of Spuds who feel as you do - ashamed!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Tue May 03, 2016 6:45 pm

I do think they fell into a trap set by the Chelscum players... They ought to have ignored the things chelscum were doing
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Thu May 05, 2016 2:07 pm

Yes, it was a combination of naivety and cracking under the pressure. The Spurs players couldn't handle it in the end and lost their cool.

Never lose your cool Cool

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum