JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nice way to celebrate Arsene's 13 years!

+2
villanfromluton
jpr60
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Nice way to celebrate Arsene's 13 years! Empty Nice way to celebrate Arsene's 13 years!

Post  jpr60 Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:33 pm

Despite letting in a soft goal - OK the deflection you can't do much about but that wasn't great either - that was a good way to celebrate Arsene Wenger's 13 years in charge. An excellent performance from Captain Cesc, with AA, RvP, Rosicky, Vermaelen not far behind - flowing attacking football producing goals for six different players, it says a lot for Arsenal's attacking potential.
Yes, we know Rovers might have been awarded a pen - it was certainly a 50-50 in my book and I would have accepted it have the ref given it - but we also had a clear pen shout later in the match when Gallas was hauled down so that makes it even.
Six perfect strikes, smooth football, who could ask for more? That's what makes Gooners happy, very happy.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Nice way to celebrate Arsene's 13 years! Empty Re: Nice way to celebrate Arsene's 13 years!

Post  villanfromluton Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:46 pm

JPR, I only saw the second half, but got to say that was some of the best football I have ever seen attacking wise. Fabregas was absolutely immense and Arshavin wasnt far behind. Do think Dunn should have had a penalty and still would have concerns defensively, but got to say that football on show was brilliant.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Nice way to celebrate Arsene's 13 years! Empty Re: Nice way to celebrate Arsene's 13 years!

Post  jpr60 Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:52 pm

villanfromluton wrote:JPR, I only saw the second half, but got to say that was some of the best football I have ever seen attacking wise. Fabregas was absolutely immense and Arshavin wasnt far behind. Do think Dunn should have had a penalty and still would have concerns defensively, but got to say that football on show was brilliant.

It was a bit unreal TBH, towards the end when Walcott and Bendtner were on I had the feeling we'd even score a couple more. The Rovers defence was poor so I suppose we'll have to say that we weren't playing against the best but you can only play against the team that's opposing on the day and I thought we played brilliantly. There seems to be so much to come from this squad, so much talent - we had Diaby playing for 90 minutes and even that didn't hold us up too much.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:05 pm

I missed the game today and highlights aren't available until after UK midnight, so I'll watch them in the morning. By all accounts we were the business, goals have come from 15 different players this season, pretty amazing. Well done the Gunners.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:07 pm

I think you are serious contenders this time out, but would still be worried about the defending at times. Song has improved, but still not a top class defensive midfielder IHO, Barry would have been brilliant for you. Also not sure about the goalies. I agree Blackburn were not great defensively, but the football played today in the 45 minutes I saw was truly awesome.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:09 pm

jak wrote:I missed the game today and highlights aren't available until after UK midnight, so I'll watch them in the morning. By all accounts we were the business, goals have come from 15 different players this season, pretty amazing. Well done the Gunners.

Diaby and a couple of sloppy goals aside we were so good today it's difficult not to get seriously optimistic about our chances against just about any team right now. There's just so much there - I'll have to settle down and stop getting excited I suppose.....................................still, it looks good!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:15 pm

jpr60 wrote:
jak wrote:I missed the game today and highlights aren't available until after UK midnight, so I'll watch them in the morning. By all accounts we were the business, goals have come from 15 different players this season, pretty amazing. Well done the Gunners.

Diaby and a couple of sloppy goals aside we were so good today it's difficult not to get seriously optimistic about our chances against just about any team right now. There's just so much there - I'll have to settle down and stop getting excited I suppose.....................................still, it looks good!

Not good for you at your age JPR.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:19 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

It still looks and feels good, even at my age!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:31 pm

jpr60 wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

Well, I'm sure you are the expert at feeling it.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:45 pm

Oye, Luton. If you don't ease up the end'll come off in your hand. Very Happy

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:45 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
jpr60 wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

Well, I'm sure you are the expert at feeling it.

Feeling, as such is very personal, surely? I can only express my feelings as, indeed can you.
Now that we've put that straight - GETYEREDOUTTATHEGUTTER!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:12 pm

The gutter can be a very nice place to be.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:20 pm

"We're all in the gutter - but some of us are looking up at the stars"

10 points if you know who said it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:27 pm

Definitely a penalty for Dunn, how was that not given. Vermaelen doesn't look all that defensively. Maybe Arsenal should use him up front instead of Bendtner. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:32 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:"We're all in the gutter - but some of us are looking up at the stars"

10 points if you know who said it.

Raquel from Corrie said it once. Ken Barlow taught her it.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:33 pm

I don't know who those people are.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:36 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:I don't know who those people are.

No 10 points for you then....
Very Happy
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:37 pm

Ken Barlow sounds like he owns a van.
Or a chip shop.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:52 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Ken Barlow sounds like he owns a van.
Or a chip shop.

Shame on you!
Not that I watch it these days, but he is Corrie's intellectual. He carries a newspaper around with him and EVERYTHING.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:54 pm

The only soap I watch is Eastenders, he said shamefully. No

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:48 am

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:The only soap I watch is Eastenders, he said shamefully. No

That's the only soap you've ever encountered.Smelly sofa loafing student type :hj:
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:12 am

The only soap I watch these days is Hollyoaks.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:05 am

Bedshammer wrote:The only soap I watch these days is Hollyoaks.

did you watch Hollyoaks later last week? what a good way to kill off a character

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:34 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:The only soap I watch these days is Hollyoaks.

did you watch Hollyoaks later last week? what a good way to kill off a character

No I didn't. I know Sarah's dead - what happened?
Did you see Josh on Soccer AM on Saturday, by the way?
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:57 am

:doh: :doh: :doh:

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum