JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bit tired today

3 posters

Go down

Bit tired today Empty Bit tired today

Post  jpr60 Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:35 pm

Very good early game for us and at 2-0 up I was thinking 4 or 5, especially since Diaby scored the second. We slowed down a lot and at times in the second half looked well off the pace - that's got to be tiredness IMO after the international games/travel etc.
However, good crisp finishes from RvP, Diaby and the brilliant AA (although he certainly looked heavy-legged at times, still very clever with his feet though), I reckon Don Vito got a nudge which left Bowyer with his chance to score (Bowyer must have been pulled up 12 times during the match for his niggling fouls - not sure he got a card though), the ref overlooked a through-the-man 'robust' challenge from Ridgewell early in the game which saw Theo replaced, injured yet gave a yellow for holding onto the ball at a throw-on. I really don't understand the rules of football any more. A player 'does' an opponent early doors - the ref saw it clearly enough but didn't give a foul, although he was gracious enough to allow the Arsenal physio on to treat Theo when we put the ball out of play - but that's not considered a booking. Later on, when Ridgewell holds onto the ball a little too long he gets booked!
Song was the business again, even Diaby worked hard and Vermaelen was his crisp, concise, efficient self throughout.
Good result which sees us poised for the up-coming games, Alkmaar, West Ham, Tottingham - you have been warned!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Bit tired today Empty Re: Bit tired today

Post  jak Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:52 pm

Think we lost concentration a bit today, jpr. Once that happens it's hard to get going again. Yes, Song is making good progress isn't he? A good result though.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:20 am

JPR, not sure Ridgewell's tackle was "unfair", more old fashioned.

Anyway, super smooth Arsenal again, we should have been 5 down but a little organisation and spirit and we went to 2-1 and lets be honest it should have been 2-2. I saw a fragility surface again with the Arsenal youngsters, but lets face it they are growing up so rapidly iy wont happen too often.

Wenger is a genius, no two ways about it.
Finn
Finn

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:38 pm

Finn wrote:JPR, not sure Ridgewell's tackle was "unfair", more old fashioned.

Anyway, super smooth Arsenal again, we should have been 5 down but a little organisation and spirit and we went to 2-1 and lets be honest it should have been 2-2. I saw a fragility surface again with the Arsenal youngsters, but lets face it they are growing up so rapidly iy wont happen too often.

Wenger is a genius, no two ways about it.

I'm not saying the Ridgewell tackle was unfair, it's the sort of thing you want to do if you're playing to let your opponent know you're there - my point was, he's effectively taken someone out of the game without conceding so much as a free kick, but later on, cos he's held onto the ball a little too long he's received a card - seems to me the laws need a bit of re-interpretation.
As for 2-2, well no actually. I've looked at the stats now and it seems we had something like six more shots on target than you - from memory I'd say 3-1 was, if anything kind to you. Anyway, game over - onwards and upwards, eh?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum