JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Total Domination v AZ Alkmaar................

3 posters

Go down

Total Domination v AZ Alkmaar................ Empty Total Domination v AZ Alkmaar................

Post  jak Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:43 pm

Then the high ball into our box fecks us again. 1-1. No disaster but this weakness has been our undoing for the last 4 seasons, we need some height in our central defence or someone as tall as Diaby in midfield who can head the fecking ball AWAY from his own goal.

jak

Back to top Go down

Total Domination v AZ Alkmaar................ Empty Re: Total Domination v AZ Alkmaar................

Post  Guest Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:18 pm

Still, at least you're not Liverpool! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Total Domination v AZ Alkmaar................ Empty Re: Total Domination v AZ Alkmaar................

Post  jak Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:29 pm

Yes. There's always that, Jesus Very Happy

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:19 pm

jak wrote:Then the high ball into our box fecks us again. 1-1. No disaster but this weakness has been our undoing for the last 4 seasons, we need some height in our central defence or someone as tall as Diaby in midfield who can head the fecking ball AWAY from his own goal.

Atleast Lion enjoyed the game more then our win over Chelsea, thats all that matters.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:40 am

Should really have had the match tied up long before the hopeful high ball proved, yet again, our undoing. How the ref didn't award a pen when Vela was brought down in the area is beyond me. Striker running with ball into penalty area, pushes ball ahead, defender makes clumsy challenge taking both legs of striker with no ball there to touch, striker falls = pen, no?
OK, I didn't mind that much, in fact I'd thought we might end up with a 1-1 before the game started but the way we played in the first half I then thought we'd at least finish 2-0 (which it should have been with the pen). We switched off and had already left the pitch when asked to defend a high ball/knock-down in the box. Still, lessons to be learned, we're still top needing two points to qualify - it's not a problem as long as it's the last time we settle for a 1-0 victory, that's never safe.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:14 pm

You don't get a penalty for a tackle like that on Vela and they wonder why players guild the lily by diving.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:19 pm

jak wrote:You don't get a penalty for a tackle like that on Vela and they wonder why players guild the lily by diving.

I watched the Leeds v Norwich game on Monday night (my son, being the Leeds fan, you know, a bit of moral support). At one stage ex-Arsenal player Vic Crowe made as if to go in on the Norwich skipper, a striker (can't remember his name) but pulled back when he saw the ball had already been knocked past him - the Norwich guy, anticipating a tackle that never came did a fantastic dive, at full-speed, then rolled around holding his leg. The ref gave Crowe a yellow straight off, you could lip-read Crowe's 'But I held back!' but it was to no avail - but when you saw the slow-mo replay it was such a gross dive! Nice to see players getting each other in trouble, eh?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:48 pm

jpr60 wrote:
jak wrote:You don't get a penalty for a tackle like that on Vela and they wonder why players guild the lily by diving.

I watched the Leeds v Norwich game on Monday night (my son, being the Leeds fan, you know, a bit of moral support). At one stage ex-Arsenal player Vic Crowe made as if to go in on the Norwich skipper, a striker (can't remember his name) but pulled back when he saw the ball had already been knocked past him - the Norwich guy, anticipating a tackle that never came did a fantastic dive, at full-speed, then rolled around holding his leg. The ref gave Crowe a yellow straight off, you could lip-read Crowe's 'But I held back!' but it was to no avail - but when you saw the slow-mo replay it was such a gross dive! Nice to see players getting each other in trouble, eh?

Once again something that could easily be sorted with a couple of seconds use of technology.
At the end of the day that player is a yellow card nearer to an automatic suspension and for nothing. That's wrong.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down