JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wenger

+3
jpr60
Bedshammer
Avfc_4eva_Sotc
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Wenger Empty Wenger

Post  Guest Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:35 am

Clap Nice statement this morning about the fixture list.

Reckons the guy that worked out all these fixtures must have gone to a special school, said he's a lot cleverer than me thats for sure.

Watched the Burnley game last night, that's what happens when dogged grit and determination meets technical ability, have to say Caldwell was a Rock in the Burnley defence and as a captain. Thought that was a close run thing IMO.

Back to top Go down

Wenger Empty Re: Wenger

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:39 am

I just read that aswell. Wenger has once again shown how gracious he is when a result doesnt go his way, blame someone else. french twat.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:48 am

I don't think he can have to many complaints about the game last night, Arsenal came very close to coming away with nothing and Burnley would have kept running for another 90mins if asked, I though Wenger looked stunned to be honest

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:52 am

other teams are in exactly the same position as him, Stoke hasnt played mid week either, yet were not going to moan about it.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:18 am

Wenger also had a pop at Wolves this morning. He's a very French loser, isn't he?
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:28 pm

He's a winner, period, I wasn't making a comment at him being a good or bad sportsman, i was making a comment regarding his sense of humour, clearly being French he doesn't quite realise what a special school is, no matter, missed point.

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:59 pm

Wenger's totally frustrated at present - his team are doing a two-steps-forward, one-step-back routine and he's lost yet another player (Fabregas) to injury.
Can't have any complaint with only getting a point at Burnley but I can understand how he feels when another team (Wolves) rolls over and gives three points to ManU by fielding a weakened team. Hopefully they'll do likewise for us when they visit The Grove in early April????!!!!!
He's complaining about the fixture list but that's an old story, practically every manager challenging for the top places has complained at some time or other. Basically Wenger doesn't like losing - he's concerned that with 3 left-backs (strange that), two strikers, two midfielders and now our captain out injured we might have a hell of a battle against Hull this weekend. It'll provide the necessary motivation to whoever is left to play to come out fighting - no disrespect to Hull but I'd hate to do badly to a team managed by that perma-tanned, ill-mannered twonk of a manager.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:04 pm

Wolves would have been beaten anyway lets be honest.

And the way Hull played at Villa Park other week I wouldnt be to worried about them having a rest if I was Arsenal.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:12 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:Wolves would have been beaten anyway lets be honest.

And the way Hull played at Villa Park other week I wouldnt be to worried about them having a rest if I was Arsenal.

You do have to say though AV least of all teams Wolves can hardly afford to field a second team, that was raising of the old white flag, and Wenger would have a point, you say Wolves would have been beaten anyway, its difficult to say, Burnley gave Arsenal a real battle last night, shown real strength not only in there game but in there mentality also, you just don't know.

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:18 pm

Malachite wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:Wolves would have been beaten anyway lets be honest.

You do have to say though AV least of all teams Wolves can hardly afford to field a second team, that was raising of the old white flag, and Wenger would have a point, you say Wolves would have been beaten anyway, its difficult to say, Burnley gave Arsenal a real battle last night, shown real strength not only in there game but in there mentality also, you just don't know.

Burnley have an excellent Home record, just because they have held a few good teams at there place doesnt have any bearing on how Wolves can play away from home, yes they beat spurs, a one off result. Lets face it Man Utd win the majority of there home games against far better teams then Wolves. One of the wolves fans who called into the radio tuesday night said if wolves had played a full strength team they would have def got a point, complete tosh. If every team that is at the same level as wolves go upto old trafford and are sure fire for a point then ManUTD would be in the relegation zone not challanging for the title. Wolves would have most likely lost, perhaps by even more then 3 goals if they are tired, for all anyone knows mccarthy had done the rest of the top teams a favour by way of goal difference.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:21 pm

btw as villa fans I'm sure we are all expecting to beat Wolves first team at Villa Park later this season, therefore its ridiculous to think Man Utd wouldnt have also beaten them, you will never know but lets face it there is a reason WE hadnt won at old Trafford in 26 years.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:31 pm

You still have to except the point that anything is possible, you just don't know how Wolves would have done unless they played full strength, its impossible to say, I would feel right pissed of if MM put out a reserve side against Spurs, got hammered and then played full strength v us and got a point.

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:05 pm

Malachite wrote:You still have to except the point that anything is possible, you just don't know how Wolves would have done unless they played full strength, its impossible to say, I would feel right pissed of if MM put out a reserve side against Spurs, got hammered and then played full strength v us and got a point.

I wouldn't, we should be good enough to beat Wolves first team and if we dont manage to then it's tough shit on us.

Wolves have got to look after themselves and I cant believe all the shit that has gone on because of it.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:13 pm

yep that would be our problem for not beating them.

Wolves could have played full strength got hammered and still be knackered against burnley and get spanked, they might lose anyway, but they might not, and if they dont that might be because they was rested, its all about getting points on the board, if it gives them more of a chance of doing that then thats entirely upto them. MON did the same with us when he played a weakened team in Moscow last season, it didnt work out as we still let slip on fourth, but he was trying to rest us up to have a fighting chance, its a managers job.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:04 pm

I can understand why McCarthy picked the team he did, but I do think it could backfire on him, like it did with MON in Moscow. If Wolves dont win on Sunday against Burnley, the fans will then be giving him stick, remember Villa v Stoke last season. If I had been a Wolves first team player, I would have loved to have been playing at Man ure on Tuesday, lets face it, some of them may never get the chance. As for Wenger moaning about Manure winning the game, as AVFC points out, if you cant beat Wolves at home, you only have yourself to blame surely.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:28 pm

AVFC & ROT. Your missing the point:

The point i'm making is it impossible to say what a Wolves 1st team would have done v Man Utd, you can't say, neither can I, because it didn't happen!!!!

Burnley could play Wolves at the weekend and lose, and have good grounds for saying, we played our guts out to get a point v Arsenal, which is correct, while they rested 10 players and raised the white flag v Man Utd, so they would be at full strength and without injury to play us, sorry that can't be right.

Nobody can say how a first team Wolves would have come out v Man Utd, because it didn't happen and equally nobody can say how that will influence not just the Burnley v Wolves game but the Man Utd games also, and whoever they are playing, they may have had more injuries in a more aggressive game, there's all kinds of knock on effects, plus and as correctly pointed out if Wolves lose to a brave Burnley then McCarthy will look a right twat.

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:34 pm

Wolves did what they had to do at Old Trafford. They have the right to field a team looking at the wider picture.
The priority for teams like Wolves and Burnley is PL survival, it means masses in financial terms.
What Arsene should be addressing is why our players only showed a fraction of the passion and effort that the Burnley players showed. Very disappointing for a young side who should be up for every game, running their bollocks off for a result against an inferior side instead of walking away lucky to have escaped with a point. Burnley gave their all. The Arsenal players swanned around on a cold night up north that some of them clearly didn't fancy.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:54 pm

jak wrote:Wolves did what they had to do at Old Trafford. They have the right to field a team looking at the wider picture.
The priority for teams like Wolves and Burnley is PL survival, it means masses in financial terms.
What Arsene should be addressing is why our players only showed a fraction of the passion and effort that the Burnley players showed. Very disappointing for a young side who should be up for every game, running their bollocks off for a result against an inferior side instead of walking away lucky to have escaped with a point. Burnley gave their all. The Arsenal players swanned around on a cold night up north that some of them clearly didn't fancy.

Well said Jak. I have heard some bollox on the radio the last couple of days about what Wolves did, but the fact is McCarthy has to do the best for his club. Personally, I think he went over the top, but that is his decision to make. Wasnt it Liverpool who fielded a reserve team the other season at Fulham when they were in the mire near the end of a season? As for Burnley, they are a tough nut to beat at home, but seem awful away from home
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:59 am

It's been happening for years.Liverpool put out a scratch side at pompey a few years back when Pompey were in a relegation battle and pompey promptly won 2-0 which ultimately gave them the necessary points to stop up.McCarthy is only interested in Wolves, rightly so IMO.By the way they put out a full strength side against Chelsea and Arsenal and were promptly dicked 4-0 and 4-1 respectively.I can understand the Wolves fans frustrations but they won't even mention it if they manage to stay up this season.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:13 am

Luton-QB and Jak

Wow this is hard work.

Your missing my point to AV.....so.

Nobody can say what Wolves would or would not of done v Man Utd, they may have beat them, you can't say, its impossible to say, to turn around and say "oh no look at the stats no way would Wolves have beaten Man Utd" is just rubbish, As for the manipulation of selection of a side to fit a fixture, I'm not saying McCarthy is wrong I'm saying Wenger is right to complain, don't matter a shit how many times its happened before at the end of the day its McCarthy that will be found out on this not Wenger.

Nobody can say how Wolves would have done V Man utd had McCarthy put out a full strength side.

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:16 am

Malachite wrote:Luton-QB and Jak

Wow this is hard work.

Your missing my point to AV.....so.

Nobody can say what Wolves would or would not of done v Man Utd, they may have beat them, you can't say, its impossible to say, to turn around and say "oh no look at the stats no way would Wolves have beaten Man Utd" is just rubbish, As for the manipulation of selection of a side to fit a fixture, I'm not saying McCarthy is wrong I'm saying Wenger is right to complain, don't matter a shit how many times its happened before at the end of the day its McCarthy that will be found out on this not Wenger.

Nobody can say how Wolves would have done V Man utd had McCarthy put out a full strength side.

nope nobody can say either way so really there is nothing to moan about is there. Mccarthy picked a team that perhaps not everyone agrees with, you will find that situation with every single team selection of every team every single week, (why the **** is he playing heskey instead of carew etc etc)

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:42 am

AV:

People are moaning as you call it because he replaced 10 outfield players all of which sat in the stands watching the game, that isn't just replacing Heskey with Carew. Look at the shit MON faced for the side he put out in the Europa cup and we lost and went out, McCarthy was wrong to do that in such a severe way, he could have at least used his savvy, and by the way i watched an interview with this same manager when they got promoted saying, its fantastic, its going to be fantastic to be back in the Premiership playing sides like Manchester Utd and Arsenal at places like Old Trafford and other world class stadiums, fantastic he said, what its all about.

You may have noticed a few retired players coming out saying what a load of b*ll*x what McCarthy has done, if a player is available and ready and good enough he should play, I agree with that, however that's a personal point of view.

Fact is nobody knows what that result would have been, and when McCarthy made this decision, he as left himself open to flak, bad move, even if he beats Burnley and gets the result he feels would justify this.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:53 am

jpr60 wrote:Wenger's totally frustrated at present - his team are doing a two-steps-forward, one-step-back routine and he's lost yet another player (Fabregas) to injury.
Can't have any complaint with only getting a point at Burnley but I can understand how he feels when another team (Wolves) rolls over and gives three points to ManU by fielding a weakened team. Hopefully they'll do likewise for us when they visit The Grove in early April????!!!!!
He's complaining about the fixture list but that's an old story, practically every manager challenging for the top places has complained at some time or other. Basically Wenger doesn't like losing - he's concerned that with 3 left-backs (strange that), two strikers, two midfielders and now our captain out injured we might have a hell of a battle against Hull this weekend. It'll provide the necessary motivation to whoever is left to play to come out fighting - no disrespect to Hull but I'd hate to do badly to a team managed by that perma-tanned, ill-mannered twonk of a manager.

A sensible post i can agree with, of course Wenger will moan about the fixture list, MON was the other day, his point about Wolves is basically, basically correct, its a bit like saying to a boxer "you go down in the 5th", obviously because its football its more random, and their would still be a question mark, i mean who knows Wolves reserves may have beaten Man Utd!!!!!, but what McCarthy has done is sharp practice and is it legal, i mean how many bets were placed on this game and certain players scoring etc.

I'm not saying McCarthy is not within his rights to do it what I'm saying is Wenger is right to moan, i know i would.

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:54 am

Malachite wrote:AV:

People are moaning as you call it because he replaced 10 outfield players all of which sat in the stands watching the game, that isn't just replacing Heskey with Carew. Look at the shit MON faced for the side he put out in the Europa cup and we lost and went out, McCarthy was wrong to do that in such a severe way, he could have at least used his savvy, and by the way i watched an interview with this same manager when they got promoted saying, its fantastic, its going to be fantastic to be back in the Premiership playing sides like Manchester Utd and Arsenal at places like Old Trafford and other world class stadiums, fantastic he said, what its all about.

You may have noticed a few retired players coming out saying what a load of b*ll*x what McCarthy has done, if a player is available and ready and good enough he should play, I agree with that, however that's a personal point of view.

Fact is nobody knows what that result would have been, and when McCarthy made this decision, he as left himself open to flak, bad move, even if he beats Burnley and gets the result he feels would justify this.

this is just it, you dont know that they would have won anymore then we know that they would have lost. Safe to say though 19/20 times wolves would have lost that game regardless of the team selected, just like most first teams lose to them. If they beat Burnley this weekend then who is to say that would have happened if he hadnt rested players, it might have happened anyway either way he might have impoved there chances and 3 points from the 2 games, could well be better then they would have got. If he had played a full strength team and lost and then lost to Burnley no doubt some would have been saying 'we was never going to beat manu, might as well of rested players and been fresh for today' hindsight is brilliant.

You will continualy bang on that we cant say that because we dont know what would have happened, well by that argument the same applies to you Mal, you dont know either, none of us can no if anything the team goes on to do will be different to if they hadnt rested, so stop fecking moaning.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:33 pm

AV: FFS, don't you understand the most basic of things or is this just an antithesis for the sake of.

Look, think of it this way, teams have done this before..no problem, but they have still done it to win.

McCarthy replaced 10 first team player knowing he would lose in order to bring about a hypothetical better result v Burnley...don't you get what that is. can't you see the difference. Some Wolves fans are saying he's taken a backhander, they are bound to say that, he's open to that kind of thing now, both the FA and Fifa are now asking him for a full explanation.

There is a huge difference between someone making changes in order to still win but rest players and someone in kind suggesting well phuk this we are going to lose anyway so change the lot, see if we can beat Burnley.

What i'm trying to tell you is this could be looked at as cheating.

JPR: can you imagine if Hull did the same against you at the weekend, no chance of winning, put out the Jnr's, get this out the way, job done. The friggin league would go into meltdown.

AV: If this bloke had any intelligence he would have gone out with probably 4 or 5 of hi fittest first team players, subbed 3 at his earliest opportunity, still have faced flak but that's it, did his best.

We will have to agree to disagree.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum