JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barcelona.

+4
Avfc_4eva_Sotc
jak
villanfromluton
jpr60
8 posters

Go down

Barcelona. Empty Barcelona.

Post  jpr60 Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:26 pm

Have to say I'm pretty open about this tie.
Obviously Barca can be shIt-hot but then so can we. No point taking that "Ooerr, whattawegonnadoabahtMessi?" route cos Barca have about six other players that can sting whilst we're trying to cope with the little maestro. I think Wenger's got it right about being disciplined and focussed for the full 180-plus minutes. We play well over both matches we can get something, we don't play well and Barca will be all over us.
It's gonna be interesting - these are the ties you want to be playing in, eh?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Barcelona. Empty Re: Barcelona.

Post  Guest Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:36 pm

Iniesta is out for the first leg which is a massive boost for you guys. He's their heartbeat.

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:44 pm

Should be a great game JPR. Was with my Father in law at mount vernon on Friday and got talking to an older man going through similar treatment. Great chat, he has 3 more on the radiotherapy to go, but was struggling with side effects (the shits). His son had rung him the night before and got him a ticket for the game and he was thrilled at the prospect, but worried he may not be able to make it. Hope the gunners can make it a special night for him, really interesting and brave guy
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:49 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Iniesta is out for the first leg which is a massive boost for you guys. He's their heartbeat.

You never know with players missing - we might be without Fabregas, we'll be without van Persie - it's those who play who'll make the difference.
Way I see it, we were only narrowly beaten by Barca last time we met and we were down to ten men from early in the match. Were Barca less good then than they are today? How do we compare? It's football and what happens might surprise us all. All I know, I'd rather have two matches against Barca than just the one.
I'm hoping it'll be a great game on Wednesday, followed by another in the return. As long as we play to our level and there aren't any stupidities/sendings-off/unacceptable refereeing decisions I'll be happy (I know, that's a tall order to start with)!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:09 pm

Barcelona are a fantastic team but they can be beaten. If we are positive and play our football we have every chance. We must get at them, their defence don't get put under pressure by too many teams in La Liga. We need to take the game to them and then we'll see. I just hope we don't start with Rosicky or Denilson.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:55 pm

did Lion watch the game, anyone else notice both Barcelona goals was route one football, a straight ball from the back over the top to the striker and goal. Mad

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:14 pm

Granted it was a draw but ive always thought over two legs without a very very large helping of luck Arsneal dont really have a chance to beat Barcelona..

Barcelona will most likely be beaten by a team set up similar like Inter or Chelsea (who are out).. a team that wants to go toe to toe with them will eventually lose..

Good result for Arsenal in the end but overall i cant see them beating Barcelona in the nou camp.. the first 20mins were probably the best football without a goal ive seen in the time i have been watching football..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:35 pm

So. To go to the Nou Camp or not?
I cannot buy a ticket here because they check your passport and are not allowed to sell the tickets they have available, to a Brit.
The only way I can go is with a hotel package and that's 1100€ for the Duchess and I and doesn't include transport to and from Barcelona. That's a lot of dough. It's a big occasion though in a fantastic stadium. What to do?

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:38 pm

Both the Barca centre backs are out though Ades, so there is hope for Arsenal.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:39 pm

jak wrote:So. To go to the Nou Camp or not?
I cannot buy a ticket here because they check your passport and are not allowed to sell the tickets they have available, to a Brit.
The only way I can go is with a hotel package and that's 1100€ for the Duchess and I and doesn't include transport to and from Barcelona. That's a lot of dough. It's a big occasion though in a fantastic stadium. What to do?

Jak not sure if you have ever been before.. but if you havent then you should got 100%.. an amazing stadium and atmosphere.. also you just never know what could happen......
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:39 pm

jak wrote:So. To go to the Nou Camp or not?

It's an awful lot of money. Can you buy tickets through the club, or arrange for someone to do it for you?
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:40 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Both the Barca centre backs are out though Ades, so there is hope for Arsenal.

True Lutes.. i just worry that the two teams play similar but there will be no Fabregas to pull the strings and its in there back yard!
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:25 am

What a match and what a lesson we were taught for the first half-hour! I was joking with my son, Barca had had about ten shots at goal and we'd had about one minute of possession - "It's not fair, there should be two balls, one that we can play with too".
I've never seen a team play so well, on and off the ball as Barca, especially in the first half - it was as if they had 15 players on the pitch. OK Fabregas and AA were clearly unfit and Diaby was having one of his sssllllooooowwwwww games which didn't help. Sagna and Clichy were good, Song did both jobs well despite failing to organize the defence for offside against Ibrahimovic for his two goals (at least I suppose that's what he was trying to do), Nasri looked very lively throughout the match and of course Almunia and, later Walcott played their respective parts in keeping us in a match we could (should?) have lost by a hatfull - oh yes, Denilson worked well when he came on too!
We're still in it but without AA, Fabregas, Gallas and whoever else picked up terminal injuries last night (there's usually a couple) I doubt we've got much hope of a result in Spain. Barca will be without their two central defenders - I thought the red card harsh but it was a penalty, despite it being called 'generous' (Cesc was about to score, the defender banged into him, pen, no question) - so perhaps we could start with Bendtner and Eduardo.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:48 pm

Song was the other injury I was waiting for!
When you consider who we've not got (Djourou, Gallas, Song, Fabregas, Ramsey, van Persie, Arshavin - at least five of whom would be first-team picks) it's amazing that we can still get a team out and this against probably the best footballing side in Europe!
Still, nowt to lose. They're short of a couple of players too so let's get amongst'em and see if spirit is enough to get something out of the tie. One thing's for sure, we won't play'em off the park!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  MrMagoo Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:59 pm

jpr60 wrote:Song was the other injury I was waiting for!
When you consider who we've not got (Djourou, Gallas, Song, Fabregas, Ramsey, van Persie, Arshavin - at least five of whom would be first-team picks) it's amazing that we can still get a team out and this against probably the best footballing side in Europe!
Still, nowt to lose. They're short of a couple of players too so let's get amongst'em and see if spirit is enough to get something out of the tie. One thing's for sure, we won't play'em off the park!

Should be another great game, but I think you will struggle with the amount of key players you have out.

Saying that, you have had a lot of injuries all season and look where you are now!!
MrMagoo
MrMagoo
Da Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:05 pm

The lads can but do their best. COME ON YOU GUNNERS !!!!!!

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:48 am

Now Song is definitely out. Disaster!!!!

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:12 am

jak, did you manage to get tickets?
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:50 pm

I'm really feeling quite up for this one. The odds are stacked against us, we're five players short, we're playing at their place and we have to win or get at least a 3-3 draw to qualify for the semis - mission impossible,eh?! Well yes, maybe, but it's great to be playing in the QF of the CL, to be playing against probably the best team in Europe and, at the halfway mark to be drawing 2-2, so thanks Arsene, thanks The Arsenal, all the players and, in the worst case we'll be competing in the same competition next year, even if we don't win it this time around. It's great to be a Gooner!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:30 pm

Taken to the cleaners but, despite an overall 6-3 loss it was well worth watching the two games. First game Barca were overwhelmingly good for 30 minutes, second game Messi came into his own to show just how good he is - amazing and just 22!
6-3? That's 2-1 with knobs on. I just hope Barca go and win the CL, they clearly play the best football and have several of the best players in Europe.
Oh yeah - thought Clichy was brilliant in last night's match - gave everything and more. Many of the Arsenal players worked hard (e.g. Nasri, Sagna, Vermaelen) but Clichy was giving everything, all the time.
Next season then!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:05 pm

jpr60 wrote:Taken to the cleaners but, despite an overall 6-3 loss it was well worth watching the two games. First game Barca were overwhelmingly good for 30 minutes, second game Messi came into his own to show just how good he is - amazing and just 22!
6-3? That's 2-1 with knobs on. I just hope Barca go and win the CL, they clearly play the best football and have several of the best players in Europe.
Oh yeah - thought Clichy was brilliant in last night's match - gave everything and more. Many of the Arsenal players worked hard (e.g. Nasri, Sagna, Vermaelen) but Clichy was giving everything, all the time.
Next season then!

He is very good isn't he. I wonder if the special one will be able get one of his players to keep him quiet? Should be a good semi, a shame it isn't the final.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:54 pm

jpr60 wrote:Taken to the cleaners but, despite an overall 6-3 loss it was well worth watching the two games. First game Barca were overwhelmingly good for 30 minutes, second game Messi came into his own to show just how good he is - amazing and just 22!
Next season then!

Clichy has really returned to his best, he worked really hard last night, particularly so when he was given no help whatsoever by Rosicky.
I thought Bendtner gave his all too.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum