JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fabregas

+4
jak
Finn
villanfromluton
villainies
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fabregas - Page 2 Empty Re: Fabregas

Post  Bedshammer Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:34 pm

Finn wrote:
jak wrote:
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:What a little tnuc. Arsenal couldn't touch Barca with skill or endeavour so that vile little turd cheats his way to a goal. I hope that injury is season ending. Tosspot Tosspot Tosspot Tosspot Tosspot Tosspot

You really are the most objectionable piece of shit at times. No No

Eze has written some crap in his time but this takes the biscuit Laughing

I'm inclined to agree with you there.
Rolling Eyes
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:35 pm

Crap decision by the ref for the booking IMHO, though only saw the incident once. Just hope for Arsenal's sake, the gamble to play him doesnt backfire
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:55 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Jak, you were a bit disjointed in the centre of defence when Gallas went off, Almunia should have stayed on his line for the first goal and Song lost his man for the second. Great game though and think anyone who was there will remember it for a long time. Shame Fabregas was nowhere near fit

Buenas noches Luton.
We were disjointed everywhere in the first half. Yes Almunia left himself in no mans land for the first, though for both goals Song was way out of position. He's not a centre half though and was one of the few who had worked very hard before the change. I thought at the time that Campbell should have replaced Gallas leaving Song in midfield.
Diaby was a disaster tonight, he gave the ball away time and time again and simply did not put in the effort. You seldom get the ball cheaply from Barcelona, so Diaby's donations stopped us taking the game to them at all in the first period.
Eboue, Bendtner and Walcott did well as did Almunia, in the first half.
We have a few players though who are running back to defend but obviously not running as hard as they might, that's a worry. When I watch Barcelona, Man U, Chelsea all their players are working their cods off.
The style of football that Wenger wants to play demands that work ethic. I don't see it in some of our players.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:53 am

Fascinating game for the neutral, for 70 minutes it was a masterclass in football but Barca definitely took their foot off the gas and starting giving the ball away in the middle instead of going all out for a third goal and killing Arsenal off. Fair play to Walcott he took his goal well and the Goons kept pressing - bit of a shame about the dubious pen but sometimes it goes like that. The scoreline flatters Arsenal and they are still in with a shot at it which is an extraordinary position to be in after being comprehensively outplayed for 70 mins. I think it will be tough to get anything out of the game unless they make it into a real scrap which I'm not sure they can do. Good stuff to watch though. bounce
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:41 am

jak wrote:
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:What a little tnuc. Arsenal couldn't touch Barca with skill or endeavour so that vile little turd cheats his way to a goal. I hope that injury is season ending. Tosspot Tosspot Tosspot Tosspot Tosspot Tosspot

You really are the most objectionable piece of shit at times. No No

Beds
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:44 am

Villainies, was in no way a dubious penalty IMHO. Yes, Barca were superb, but instead of them easing off, think credit should be given to Arsenal for getting into them better. Thought Walcott made a huge difference when he came on running at the defence.

Jak, agree with you about Song, his presence was missed in the midfield and I think Wenger may have made the wrong decision not to bring Campbell on there. Diabby was poor, no doubt about it.

Lion and I were talking the other night about Barca outclassing Villa at VP in 1978 and Cruyff being given a standing ovation when he went off with Villa losing 2-0 with 8 minutes left. We got it back to 2-2.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:50 am

I only caught the last 30 mins and IMO Ibrahimovic's departure and Henry's arrival were key factors is Arsenal's comeback.Henry just didn't seem up for the task.Oh and that Diaby produced a cynical foul which had it been against Arsenal would've had Wenger raging.Tut fecking tut Mad
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:58 pm

QBVILLA wrote:I only caught the last 30 mins and IMO Ibrahimovic's departure and Henry's arrival were key factors is Arsenal's comeback.Henry just didn't seem up for the task.Oh and that Diaby produced a cynical foul which had it been against Arsenal would've had Wenger raging.Tut fecking tut Mad

I'd kinda like to think that were true but, given Diaby's performance all night I actually believe he was ssslllloooowwllly trying to take the ball, without even seeing a player moving at normal speed.
Diaby had a night to forget - the only thing he did right all night was in the opening seconds of the match, when he moved at speed to set up an attack. After that we lost the ball for 27 minutes, some nasty foreigners in yellow stole it and wouldn't give it back!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:29 pm

jpr60 wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:I only caught the last 30 mins and IMO Ibrahimovic's departure and Henry's arrival were key factors is Arsenal's comeback.Henry just didn't seem up for the task.Oh and that Diaby produced a cynical foul which had it been against Arsenal would've had Wenger raging.Tut fecking tut Mad

I'd kinda like to think that were true but, given Diaby's performance all night I actually believe he was ssslllloooowwllly trying to take the ball, without even seeing a player moving at normal speed.
Diaby had a night to forget - the only thing he did right all night was in the opening seconds of the match, when he moved at speed to set up an attack. After that we lost the ball for 27 minutes, some nasty foreigners in yellow stole it and wouldn't give it back!

Sadly, jpr, they didn't have to steal it, Diaby kept giving it to them.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2