JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Randy Newman

3 posters

Go down

Randy Newman Empty Randy Newman

Post  jpr60 Sat May 01, 2010 10:05 pm

An amazingly clever story-teller, excellent lyricist and musician. OK I always thought "Simon Smith & His Amazing Dancing Bear" was too far out for me, but I've been listening to some of his stuff again recently and fully recommend it. The "Trouble In Paradise" album is well worth a listen - "Christmas In Cape Town", "My Life Is Good" and all the other tracks - he manages to come across as the worst American you could wish to meet, racist, big-headed, then again a sincere, caring person - truly clever stuff. Plus his phrasing and timing - as I say, a very clever performer indeed.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Randy Newman Empty Re: Randy Newman

Post  Bedshammer Sat May 01, 2010 10:10 pm

I didn't know he wrote Simon Smith. Yet again, I demonstrate that you're never too old to learn.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat May 01, 2010 10:37 pm

[quote="Bedshammer"]I didn't know he wrote Simon Smith. Yet again, I demonstrate that you're never too old to learn.[/quote]

Thats excellent news for the dynamic duo Beds Laughing
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Sat May 01, 2010 10:43 pm

[quote="villanfromluton"]
Bedshammer wrote:I didn't know he wrote Simon Smith. Yet again, I demonstrate that you're never too old to learn.[/quote]

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun May 02, 2010 12:25 pm

[quote="Bedshammer"]
villanfromluton wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:I didn't know he wrote Simon Smith. Yet again, I demonstrate that you're never too old to learn.[/quote]

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I got a different way a walkin'
I got a different kind of smile.
I got a different way of talkin'
Drives the women kind of wild.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 04, 2010 10:01 pm

Bedshammer wrote:I didn't know he wrote Simon Smith. Yet again, I demonstrate that you're never too old to learn.

Beds

He has written many songs that others covered such as - "Mama Told me not to Come" and "You can Leave your Hat on" both of which are brilliant plays on sexual innuendo

Has written numerous film scores - an absolute wordsmith - a Yankee version of the good Ian

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Wed May 05, 2010 7:17 am

Lionheart wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:I didn't know he wrote Simon Smith. Yet again, I demonstrate that you're never too old to learn.

Beds

He has written many songs that others covered such as - "Mama Told me not to Come" and "You can Leave your Hat on" both of which are brilliant plays on sexual innuendo

Has written numerous film scores - an absolute wordsmith - a Yankee version of the good Ian

I didn't know he wrote those songs either. I'm rubbish, aren't I?
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed May 05, 2010 12:36 pm

Bedshammer wrote:
Lionheart wrote:

Beds

I didn't know he wrote those songs either. I'm rubbish, aren't I?

Not at all, Beds. Newman is hardly your 'Look at me, ain't I enormous?' in-your-face pop star is he? He's a pretty laid back kind of character who's been working for years, making good songs, more often than not for others to bring to recognition. However, the stuff he's recorded himself is extra good because, as with his way with words, he's got an excellent presentation. There's a You-tube out there of him singing 'You'd Better Move On' (not one of his) where he's at the piano, I think Marc Knopfler is playing guitar and he presents that old song (that the Stones recorded way back when) really well.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum