JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If

2 posters

Go down

If Empty If

Post  Guest Mon May 03, 2010 7:49 pm

Tottenham were to pip Arsenal to 3rd, do you think Wenger would leave the club?

Back to top Go down

If Empty Re: If

Post  jak Mon May 03, 2010 8:00 pm

No.
I think Wenger will strengthen our team in the summer.
He's given the lads a fair run now and he'll sort the chaff from the wheat.
I look forward to next season with some players with more physical strength being drafted in.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon May 03, 2010 8:12 pm

It won't happen, but in truth this season has been a poor one for The Arsenal. Somehow we were still there with a shout until a couple of weeks back (which says also how poor the standard was this season in the Prem, compared to previous years) but it's been a long, long time since we played the football we're capable of. OK, we've had The Injuries, we've had the Poor Goalkeeping but, nevertheless I've found Arsenal to be lacking in technique this time around. We started with a 'Bang' and RvP's injury in a nothing international prevented him from adding to what was becoming an excellent strike-rate, but I found that our play this season has not been convincing. Individual players have done well - Vermaelen (my player of the season), Song, Eboue even, but we haven't been able to approach the level we were at a couple of years back. Injuries explain some of that but I just hope we're on the brink of something special (Wenger bringing in a couple more key players) rather than at the tired end of an era. We know it goes in cycles, Liverpool could well be on the downward spiral, I just don't want us to have peaked yet, there's a lot more to come from some of our players and I want it to come at our club, not someone else's.
So, not feeling too chuffed at the end of the season, not looking forward to seeing Chelsea win (The Double?!!!?), not looking forward to the World Cup - Miserable-Old-Sod as I am!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon May 03, 2010 8:58 pm

jpr60 wrote:It won't happen, but in truth this season has been a poor one for The Arsenal. Somehow we were still there with a shout until a couple of weeks back (which says also how poor the standard was this season in the Prem, compared to previous years) but it's been a long, long time since we played the football we're capable of. OK, we've had The Injuries, we've had the Poor Goalkeeping but, nevertheless I've found Arsenal to be lacking in technique this time around. We started with a 'Bang' and RvP's injury in a nothing international prevented him from adding to what was becoming an excellent strike-rate, but I found that our play this season has not been convincing. Individual players have done well - Vermaelen (my player of the season), Song, Eboue even, but we haven't been able to approach the level we were at a couple of years back. Injuries explain some of that but I just hope we're on the brink of something special (Wenger bringing in a couple more key players) rather than at the tired end of an era. We know it goes in cycles, Liverpool could well be on the downward spiral, I just don't want us to have peaked yet, there's a lot more to come from some of our players and I want it to come at our club, not someone else's.
So, not feeling too chuffed at the end of the season, not looking forward to seeing Chelsea win (The Double?!!!?), not looking forward to the World Cup - Miserable-Old-Sod as I am!

I agree with most of what you say, me old mucker Very Happy , we are playing possession football not good football. At times it's quite boring. We've lost our speed going forward and never attack in numbers anymore. There is a problem with our work rate as opposed to the other top teams. We certanly lack physical strength in the squad.
I don't think we are miles away from being really good but Wenger needs to make the changes that are now so apparent.
We'll see.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum