JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never-ending story.

3 posters

Go down

Never-ending story. Empty Never-ending story.

Post  jpr60 Tue May 18, 2010 7:32 pm

"Cesc Fabregas to Barca" - we hear it every close-season/whenever a transfer window opens, just as we heard Vieira and Henry to Spain in the past.
We know Cesc will return to Barca - he's said as much but he's also said he's happy for the present at Arsenal. He's half-way through an eight-year contract, he's Captain Cesc of The Arsenal, is it now that he'll up and leave? I blöödy-well hope not!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Never-ending story. Empty Re: Never-ending story.

Post  Bedshammer Tue May 18, 2010 7:35 pm

Sky Sprts seem to be reporting it as fact tonight. He's apparently said he wants to go.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue May 18, 2010 8:01 pm

Bedshammer wrote:Sky Sprts seem to be reporting it as fact tonight. He's apparently said he wants to go.

As he's got four more years on his contract I'd like to see Arsene Wenger 'persuade' him to stay. He's said himself he's happy in London.......I'd prefer having him at the club to the £30-or-40M we'd receive. What can you do with money, in this case he's the sort of player you just don't find, however many millions you've got to spend?!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Tue May 18, 2010 8:43 pm

Is he happy with Wenger?
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue May 18, 2010 8:49 pm

Bedshammer wrote:Is he happy with Wenger?

He's been Wenger's protégé from the off - OK, perhaps he may not be too happy with the apparent lull in performances these past two seasons but I see the two linked. Indeed, if Fabregas were allowed to leave I could foresee Wenger not renewing his contract in 2011 - likewise if Wenger were to leave Fabregas would be off like a shot, with a few others in tow I'd imagine.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Tue May 18, 2010 8:56 pm

Interesting.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Tue May 18, 2010 10:15 pm

jpr60 wrote:"Cesc Fabregas to Barca" - we hear it every close-season/whenever a transfer window opens, just as we heard Vieira and Henry to Spain in the past.
We know Cesc will return to Barca - he's said as much but he's also said he's happy for the present at Arsenal. He's half-way through an eight-year contract, he's Captain Cesc of The Arsenal, is it now that he'll up and leave? I blöödy-well hope not!

I also hope that he doesn't go. Though I fear the worse. Fabregas has been very patient with Arsenal but he must see that many of those around him do not have the quality or the attitude to be winners. Im my opinion, if anything, we overperformed this season. Fabregas has given his all, while those around him have been non-tryers.
Diaby, Denilson and particularly Rosicky have, in my view, cheated the club and its fans. Cheating is different to being inept as has been the case with our keepers and Sylvestre. Nevertheless, if Fabregas takes the view that there will be no clear out of these crap players and an influx of quality players, prepared to fight for some glory, I think he will go.
Barcelona are top of the pile and he knows he has a real chance of honours if he joins them. At present Arsenal are some way behind Chelsea and Man. U. We look weak against both those sides.
I hope I'm wrong but I felt at times last season that Fabregas looked like he'd had enough. He's a winner, I'm afraid Arsenal have not surrounded him with enough players of the same ilk. He's waited too long.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum