JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arsenal gossip

+2
jpr60
Bedshammer
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Arsenal gossip Empty Arsenal gossip

Post  Bedshammer Sat May 22, 2010 6:10 am

Barcelona have promised to walk away from signing Cesc Fabregas - if Arsenal say no. Barca have contacted the Gunners about their captain, but are yet to receive an answer.
Full story: Daily Mirror
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Arsenal gossip Empty Re: Arsenal gossip

Post  jpr60 Sat May 22, 2010 11:49 am

Whatever happens this is your typical Barca-doing-business scenario. First they get their captive newspapers to spread the word "Player X has been looking at housing in the area/Player X would love to join Barca/Player X has completed negociations with Barca for a 5-year deal, it's just a question of his club and Barca agreeing the transfer sum" or, of course with Cesc "Fabregas has told Wenger he wants to return to Barca - deal to be ratified before the World Cup/before the weekend (depending on which paper you read)".
Now I have no doubt at all that Cesc will return to Barca, but whether that is truly imminent or just Barca-talk I know not. The last actual quote from Cesc I recall was "I will return to Barca to play but I'm in no hurry, I'm happy in London playing for Arsenal". Whatever, the thing certainly has an impact on the player - 'unsettling' is the word.
Anything could happen - Wenger may have to 'persuade' Cesc to stay on for another year or two - or Cesc might truly have made up his mind he wants to leave now, it's up to the player but I wouldn't be surprised to hear him say, yet again, that his immediate future is with Arsenal. Failing that, the clubs have to agree a fee - and Arsenal have said they've not even considered putting a price on the player because he's on contract for another 4 years, which means any fee would be well above the ridiculous £30M suggested by Barca.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Sun May 23, 2010 8:00 am

Cesc Fabregas will be paid half his annual salary before he has even kicked a ball for Barcelona should the 23-year-old complete his move from Arsenal. The midfielder, who is expected to earn about £160,000-a-week, will immediately be paid £4.16m.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun May 23, 2010 4:57 pm

If this is true it'd be pretty difficult to refuse, given that he's already said that he'd like to return to Barca at some stage in his career. Effiectively - again, if it's true - they're offering twice his Arsenal salary, tax-free, with six months up-front. How many of us would refuse? And yet, Barca apparently don't want to offer more than £30M for him - so how serious are they, in fact? This could still just be the 'unsettling' tactic I referred to before.
The one thing I would say - playing in Spain for Barca would be a lot less of a challenge for the player than playing in the Premier for Arsenal. He'll certainly get lots of trophies, he'll be 'at home', the weather will be kinder and he'll pocket a whole lot more dosh - however, £80,000 a week is not to be sniffed at, if you like the challenge of English football, like the coach, like where you're living - I dunno, I suppose the money-plus going-home situation would be pretty difficult to turn down.
We'll see, in the next few days/weeks. I'd love him to stay for at least another season but would quite understand if he decides return-time is now - shame for us/Arsenal if that turns out to be the way the story ends.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sun May 23, 2010 8:41 pm

Fabregas has seen three of his fellow colleagues have terrible injuries..

His boy town club is coincedently the most fashionable club playing the best football at the moment... He would fit in to there team perfectly.. no more visits to Stoke Blackbirn etc..

To be honest he would be crazy to turn the chance down..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun May 23, 2010 9:45 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Fabregas has seen three of his fellow colleagues have terrible injuries..

His boy town club is coincedently the most fashionable club playing the best football at the moment... He would fit in to there team perfectly.. no more visits to Stoke Blackbirn etc..

Well yes but then again he knows there's work to be done at The Arsenal, work he signed on for with an eight-year contract, which has 4 years left. Nothing's changed at Barca since he left, they're still one of the top two clubs in Spain and they will still be in 2 or 3 years time - every year, Barca or Real Madrid. The only thing is the money right now, so yes, he may well choose to leave now or he might decide that his previous utterances remain valid, he's in no hurry to re-join his former club but he will one day. He's good enough to return today and will probably be an even better player in a couple of years time - it depends on how he feels.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon May 24, 2010 6:40 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Fabregas has seen three of his fellow colleagues have terrible injuries..His boy town club is coincedently the most fashionable club playing the best football at the moment... He would fit in to there team perfectly.. no more visits to Stoke Blackbirn etc..

You're right Ades about the injuries.
There is a lot less clogging in La Liga. I'm sure that's a consideration.
I hope he gives us another season, he's a great player and there's more to come.
The problem is in the PL, if you have one player who's really important to the side he becomes a target and this Arsenal side has no 'protectors'.
It's easy money in Barcelona, in comparison.
My fingers, toes and everything else is crossed though.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Mon May 24, 2010 7:24 am

Nigerian billionaire businessman Aliko Dangote could be poised to complicate Arsenal's ownership even further. Dangote is believed to be interested in buying Lady Nina Bracewell-Smith's 16% stake in the club to join Uzbeki tycoon Alisher Usmanov and American businessman Stan Kroenke as a big shareholder.
Barcelona's pursuit of Arsenal's Cesc Fabregas has been aided by the willingness of the Spanish FA to let the Spanish Champions conduct negotiations with the midfielder during the build-up to the World Cup.
Full story: Daily Mail
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is set to reignite his interest in Paris St Germain's French Under 21 captain Mamadou Sakho this summer.
Full story: caughtoffside.com
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Mon May 24, 2010 3:43 pm

Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Mon May 24, 2010 3:46 pm

Nigerians are notoriously dodgy. It probably stems from him sending an email to them asking if they would like to hold onto £100m for two weeks for him, all he needed was thier bank account details to transfer the monies.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Mon May 24, 2010 3:51 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:Nigerians are notoriously dodgy. It probably stems from him sending an email to them asking if they would like to hold onto £100m for two weeks for him, all he needed was thier bank account details to transfer the monies.

I had this exact conversation this morning with a Gooner mate at work!
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Mon May 24, 2010 3:59 pm

Mate of mine who used to be a Mortgage underwriter for Natwest, said that it was company policy that any applications recieved where the applicant was nigerian would be automatically sent to the fraud department. And they would always turn out to be dodgy, they had a women once pretending to be a princess.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Mon May 24, 2010 5:39 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:Mate of mine who used to be a Mortgage underwriter for Natwest, said that it was company policy that any applications recieved where the applicant was nigerian would be automatically sent to the fraud department. And they would always turn out to be dodgy, they had a women once pretending to be a princess.

I can believe that.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 24, 2010 5:43 pm

I've won about £70m on the Irish and Nigerian lotteries. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 24, 2010 7:54 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:I've won about £70m on the Irish and Nigerian lotteries. cheers

I´ve just sent off a copy of that unsolicited quote to the DHSS

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Tue May 25, 2010 9:31 am

Arsenal have slapped an £80m price tag on captain and midfielder Cesc Fabregas, which is more than double what Spanish giants Barcelona were hoping to pay for the Spanish international.
Full story: The Sun
Arsenal are keeping tabs on Valencia's 15-year-old striker Francisco Alcacer.
The Gunners also want to buy Bolton defender Gary Cahill this summer but have been told it will cost them £14m.
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger made a last-ditch effort to keep captain Cesc Fabregas by phoning the midfielder before he joined up with the Spain World Cup squad. Fabregas is wanted by Barcelona.
Another man who thinks Fabregas should remain at the Emirates is Belarusian midfielder Alexander Hleb, who left Arsenal to join Barcelona in 2008 but has struggled in Spain. "If Arsene Wenger keeps the side together, they can really go far next year," said Hleb.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue May 25, 2010 6:38 pm

jpr60 wrote:Whatever happens this is your typical Barca-doing-business scenario. First they get their captive newspapers to spread the word "Player X has been looking at housing in the area/Player X would love to join Barca/Player X has completed negociations with Barca for a 5-year deal, it's just a question of his club and Barca agreeing the transfer sum" or, of course with Cesc "Fabregas has told Wenger he wants to return to Barca - deal to be ratified before the World Cup/before the weekend (depending on which paper you read)".
Now I have no doubt at all that Cesc will return to Barca, but whether that is truly imminent or just Barca-talk I know not. The last actual quote from Cesc I recall was "I will return to Barca to play but I'm in no hurry, I'm happy in London playing for Arsenal". Whatever, the thing certainly has an impact on the player - 'unsettling' is the word.
Anything could happen - Wenger may have to 'persuade' Cesc to stay on for another year or two - or Cesc might truly have made up his mind he wants to leave now, it's up to the player but I wouldn't be surprised to hear him say, yet again, that his immediate future is with Arsenal. Failing that, the clubs have to agree a fee - and Arsenal have said they've not even considered putting a price on the player because he's on contract for another 4 years, which means any fee would be well above the ridiculous £30M suggested by Barca.

Gordon-Bennett - the've got his Dad in the papers now saying his son has made up his mind to leave -yet Barca have still to approach Arsenal direct, these are sad MFs and need to be taught a lesson.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Sun May 30, 2010 9:09 am

Barcelona will step up their £50m pursuit of Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas if they can offload midfielder Yaya Toure.
Full story: News of the World

But Mourinho is threatening to spark a debate in Spain by naming Fabregas as one of his transfer targets for Real.
Full story: Sunday Express

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is ready to tempt Newcastle with a £5m bid to land defender Steven Taylor, despite strong interest from Premier League champions Chelsea as well as Aston Villa and Everton.
Full story: Sunday Mirror

Wenger also wants young Crewe midfielder Nick Powell.
Full story: News of the World

But Wenger could miss out on Wigan striker Hugo Rodallega with Martin O'Neill ready to battle to bring him to Villa Park.
Full story: Sunday Mirror

And Fulham keeper Mark Schwarzer has played down speculation linking him with a move to the Gunners. (The Observer)
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Mon May 31, 2010 9:13 am

Arsenal have joined Aston Villa in the battle to sign Wigan's Colombian striker Hugo Rodallega, who the Latics value at £10m.

The Gunners have made an inquiry about the possibility of signing England midfielder Joe Cole from Chelsea. The Stamford Bridge outfit, meanwhile, remain interested in acquiring Shakhtar Donetsk's £15m-rated Croatian right-back Darijo Srna.

Bordeaux ace Yoann Gourcuff, France's first-choice playmaker in the World Cup, is being lined up as a £21.8m replacement for Fabregas at the Emirates.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:42 am

Arsenal are preparing to let young midfielder Francis Coquelin, 19, join Lorient on a season-long loan to help improve their chances of landing the French side's 24-year-old defender Laurent Koscielny.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:23 am

Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:04 pm

think cesc is on his way back to barca.. Shame really he is a great player.

It seems to me that a lot of the better players are going to the sun and surf in Spain. I guess its down to the higher tax and weak pound.
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:12 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:think cesc is on his way back to barca.. Shame really he is a great player.

It seems to me that a lot of the better players are going to the sun and surf in Spain. I guess its down to the higher tax and weak pound.

They're making a feck up then as the tax rates in Spain are being hiked and the €uro is diving.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:16 pm

jak wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:think cesc is on his way back to barca.. Shame really he is a great player.

They're making a feck up then as the tax rates in Spain are being hiked and the €uro is diving.

There just seems to be a lot of money suddenly available over in sunny Spain.

A lot of the English teams seem to be a bit short of cash. Liverpool being a case in point Crying or Very sad
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:22 pm

As Arsenal have politely told Barca to "do one" regarding their (finally) official approach for Captain Cesc we may assume that will be the end of the story, eh? You know, Barca said if Arsenal didn't want it to happen they'd walk away, eh? EH? Oh!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next