JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why

3 posters

Go down

Why Empty Why

Post  jpr60 Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:11 pm

am I feeling apprehensive about the up-coming season? I've been looking forward to it since the end of the last one, The Arsenal have actually got an Arsenal kit to wear at home at last (not like the rather Charlton Athletic look-alike we've had to put up with for the past two seasons) - is it the 'we-might-be-losing-our-captain-and-even-if-we-don't-he-doesn't-love-us-as-much-anymore-and-therefore-won't-perform-as-well-as-usual-if-he's-obliged-to-stay problem? Well, yes, it could be, but I'm not sure. I just know that rather than feeling totally 'up' about the new season being just, what, six weeks away I'm feeling strangely perturbed. We've new players coming in - perhaps it's the fact that, Chamakh apart, we don't know for sure who they are yet. I dunno - I think I've got football indigestion from this horrible national competition that's been going on, still going on - perhaps I need a break.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Why Empty Re: Why

Post  villanfromluton Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:20 pm

JPR, think a lot of people feel the same way regarding the game after the non performances in South Africa. Certainly dont inspire me when I read that Toure is going to get 200k per week for the honour of playing for Man City. Obscene really
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:22 pm

NAh you will be fine this season.. you usually are. You have a good manager and he will see you through.
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:28 pm

jpr60 wrote:am I feeling apprehensive about the up-coming season? I've been looking forward to it since the end of the last one, The Arsenal have actually got an Arsenal kit to wear at home at last (not like the rather Charlton Athletic look-alike we've had to put up with for the past two seasons) - is it the 'we-might-be-losing-our-captain-and-even-if-we-don't-he-doesn't-love-us-as-much-anymore-and-therefore-won't-perform-as-well-as-usual-if-he's-obliged-to-stay problem? Well, yes, it could be, but I'm not sure. I just know that rather than feeling totally 'up' about the new season being just, what, six weeks away I'm feeling strangely perturbed. We've new players coming in - perhaps it's the fact that, Chamakh apart, we don't know for sure who they are yet. I dunno - I think I've got football indigestion from this horrible national competition that's been going on, still going on - perhaps I need a break.

I think football is reaching a tricky point, the world is saturated with it, which in itself may not be a bad thing, sport and all, problem is how often are we now seeing over hyped contests and players that just don't turn up and yet you stick Rotherham v Scunthorpe on the box and get the thrill of your life watching none tactic gritty football.

Personally i find i can't watch the Champions league till the knock out stages, to much maneuvering for me, lately i love the start of the season and then it quickly petters out and then it gets interesting again in March.

Looking at Toure today at Man City.....incredible you'd think the man had been sent to his death, first thing out of his mouth was " I will return to Barcelona one day, i love the club and will always hold them close to my heart". Ffs man if its that much hard work stay there, take a pay cut, be a better player for them.....crazy. Man City are mad!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum