JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holland v Uruguay

3 posters

Go down

Holland v Uruguay Empty Holland v Uruguay

Post  Guest Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:10 am

This should be a hard fought battle, have to say inspite of Hollands decent result v Brazil had Uruguay had Suarez playing and there Cap't fit i would have been sold on the fact they can win this IMO.

Uruguay seem to have crept into the semis whilst Holland have been steady and resolute giving nothing away.

Hard one to predict but i'm going for Uruguay, just on a hunch, nothing more.

Back to top Go down

Holland v Uruguay Empty Re: Holland v Uruguay

Post  Guest Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:13 pm

Well i can see this has captured the imagination Laughing

So i'll go for a contoversial 2-1 Uruguay win.

Back to top Go down

Post  MrMagoo Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:11 pm

1-1

Decent game so far.

did you see the kick to the face the Dutch player got? Looked very painful
MrMagoo
MrMagoo
Da Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:44 am

MrMagoo wrote:1-1

Decent game so far.

Yep, his lip was in a hell of a state afterwards.

Thought the ref's decision on the second goal was abysmal, shocked the South Americans and conceeded a third, game over.

Have to say if thats the best that Holland have to offer the world cup winner will come from tonights game IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:21 pm

Malachite wrote:
MrMagoo wrote:1-1

Decent game so far.

Yep, his lip was in a hell of a state afterwards.

Thought the ref's decision on the second goal was abysmal, shocked the South Americans and conceeded a third, game over.

Have to say if thats the best that Holland have to offer the world cup winner will come from tonights game IMO.

I enjoyed the match - first half I thought Uruguay were the better team but second half Holland just kept on pushing and got the result they deserved. They could have scored at least two more goals, had certain Dutch players not tried to simply score themselves - however, that's the thing with the Dutch team, a bunch of stroppy gits who have enough rugged determination to battle for a result. If it's Germany in the final it could get seriously physical - Holland v Spain would be my preferred final football-wise.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:44 pm

Thought Holland where awful to be honest Jpr, thought the first half was screaming boring and the Uruguayans easily controlled the game, thought the Van Bronkhurst goal was sublime but then so was the Forlan goal, my feeling is that had the second goal been disallowed, which it should have been as Van Persie clearly went for the ball and was active, i think Uruguay would have nicked that game, they still had fight in them right into injury time.

All history now.

Think Spain in the final would be the more skillful in pure football terms and i don't think the Dutch will handle that level of skill. not this Dutch side that is, if its Germany have to say they look so strong to me a clear level above everybody else, lets see what the Spanish can do.

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:47 pm

Even Peter Enkleman at his worst would have saved that Forlan shot, Rob Green may have missed it though!
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:54 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Even Peter Enkleman at his worst would have saved that Forlan shot, Rob Green may have missed it though!

Can't agree with that Lutes, not with this ball, they reckon the shift/swerve in the line of movement over 25yds can be as much as 3ft, so where the keeper thinks the ball is, 1 second later its gone and in the net, the swerve on the Van Bronkhurst goal was tremendous and still needed the post to deflect in and the keeper got his hand to it.

I'm amazed the top strikers haven't used it to there advantage over the length of the tournament.

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:02 pm

Malachite wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:Even Peter Enkleman at his worst would have saved that Forlan shot, Rob Green may have missed it though!

Can't agree with that Lutes, not with this ball, they reckon the shift/swerve in the line of movement over 25yds can be as much as 3ft, so where the keeper thinks the ball is, 1 second later its gone and in the net, the swerve on the Van Bronkhurst goal was tremendous and still needed the post to deflect in and the keeper got his hand to it.

I'm amazed the top strikers haven't used it to there advantage over the length of the tournament.

From what I've seen of the so-called 'top strikers' they've all managed to welly the thing high and wide - that's Messi included. Fact is I don't think you can control this ball, it's too light for a start - sometimes, just sometimes you can catch it right and it more-or-less stays on course (Van Bronkhorst's goal) - otherwise it's a tool that makes both outfield players and 'keepers look stupid. Great work FIFA!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum