JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World cup managers and the fallout

+2
MrMagoo
jpr60
6 posters

Go down

World cup managers and the fallout Empty World cup managers and the fallout

Post  Guest Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:16 pm

Looks like they are dropping like flies.

Of course this is the correct way, unless the manager is of long standing and has achieved previously.

So how does Capello keep his job Laughing its so obvious, what a piss poor nation we are at times.............

Back to top Go down

World cup managers and the fallout Empty Re: World cup managers and the fallout

Post  jpr60 Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Not quite as bad as the French though. They've just disposed of the longest-running coach the national team has ever had and he's always been crap. He's upset just about everyone - commentators, the press, the public, the players - and has never really performed. OK, the FA give Capello a new contract before the World Cup instead of considering his performance during and after it, whereupon they can't afford to dispose of him even though they probably should have, so yes, we're pretty dim-witted but the French take the biscuit. The players are still whinging on - Gallas today says that everything was the coaches fault (whilst admitting the players were bad too) and then comes the giveaway sulk that he wasn't given the captain's armband, poor love.
Yes, we're carp and we will stay that way until some new blood is drafted in but the French are carp from top to bottom.
I was just thinking how relieved the likes of Samir Nasri and Theo Walcott must be, to be starting a new season without the World Cup debarcle hanging over their respective heads!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  MrMagoo Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:36 am

Something like 21 of the 32 managers that went to the world cup have either resigned or been sacked
MrMagoo
MrMagoo
Da Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:43 am

I'm not convinced getting rid of FC would be the right thing to do. I agree he made mistakes but even if he'd been flawless that England team weren't performing anywhere near their best. To keep the job he'll have to qualify well and get England through a difficult transitional period. I hope we see a good number of new players coming in but it won't be easy to fill some of the gaps.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:47 am

I'd like it to be a rule that Managers have to pass the same qualification criteria that the players do to represent international teams.An Italian should never be in charge of the England team regardless of how impressive his CV is
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:02 am

QBVILLA wrote:I'd like it to be a rule that Managers have to pass the same qualification criteria that the players do to represent international teams.An Italian should never be in charge of the England team regardless of how impressive his CV is

don't be a nob
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:18 am

villainies wrote:I'm not convinced getting rid of FC would be the right thing to do. I agree he made mistakes but even if he'd been flawless that England team weren't performing anywhere near their best. To keep the job he'll have to qualify well and get England through a difficult transitional period. I hope we see a good number of new players coming in but it won't be easy to fill some of the gaps.

Majority of the pundits and ex pros have just come round to the same way of thinking.. hardly anyone has said Terry Gerrard Lampard need to go.. Eurpean teams are weak at the moment.. besides Spain and Germany.. but we will keep the same players and be rubbish again.. whoever is reponsible for not allowing the big players to be dropped needs to be got rid of asap..

I bet even Beckham hasnt had his last cap yet!!
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:51 am

villainies wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:I'd like it to be a rule that Managers have to pass the same qualification criteria that the players do to represent international teams.An Italian should never be in charge of the England team regardless of how impressive his CV is

don't be a nob

I said it before he was appointed and i've stuck by the opinion.I'm not blaming our failure on the manager being a foreigner but you've got to ask questions of a man who at 60 mins against Algeria decided to sub Lennon for SWP when a change in formation not just personnel was desperately needed.Not forgetting as well the way Germany's midfield were totally overrunning us and he still stuck to a rigid 4-4-2.Capello has got a lot to answer for IMO.
Oh and you are a cock Moon
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:13 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
villainies wrote:I'm not convinced getting rid of FC would be the right thing to do. I agree he made mistakes but even if he'd been flawless that England team weren't performing anywhere near their best. To keep the job he'll have to qualify well and get England through a difficult transitional period. I hope we see a good number of new players coming in but it won't be easy to fill some of the gaps.

Majority of the pundits and ex pros have just come round to the same way of thinking.. hardly anyone has said Terry Gerrard Lampard need to go.. Eurpean teams are weak at the moment.. besides Spain and Germany.. but we will keep the same players and be rubbish again.. whoever is reponsible for not allowing the big players to be dropped needs to be got rid of asap..

I bet even Beckham hasnt had his last cap yet!!

Holland!

I don't think Fab Cap can come out and say anyone has to go. Both Lamps and Stevie will play again but hopefully not together forcing Gerrard out onto the left. I'm fairly sure the team will be different in the Autumn when we start the qualifiers but it won't be a completely new squad. A few players are fairly certain not to be back again - Heskey, I think Carra has retired for good, King, Upson, James. The press will be on his case if he doesn't make some changes and bring in some new players. I'll be iinterested to see what he does for centre backs and if Barry will continue.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:09 pm

Villanies in the last decade when has Gerrard ever pulled out a perfomance for England.. when has he turned a game round in the second half.. saying he was on the left is a piss poor excuse.. we need to face facts.. he is a saviour at Liverpool but does feck all for us Tosspot
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:25 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Villanies in the last decade when has Gerrard ever pulled out a perfomance for England.. when has he turned a game round in the second half.. saying he was on the left is a piss poor excuse.. we need to face facts.. he is a saviour at Liverpool but does feck all for us Tosspot

Harsh on Stevie G that is Ades. I think he still has to be considered if he's played where he is most effective. If there were decent alternatives I'd be keener to see Lamps, Gerrard and Barry all fazed out but right now there are none as far as I can tell.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:28 pm

villainies wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Villanies in the last decade when has Gerrard ever pulled out a perfomance for England.. when has he turned a game round in the second half.. saying he was on the left is a piss poor excuse.. we need to face facts.. he is a saviour at Liverpool but does feck all for us Tosspot

Harsh on Stevie G that is Ades. I think he still has to be considered if he's played where he is most effective. If there were decent alternatives I'd be keener to see Lamps, Gerrard and Barry all fazed out but right now there are none as far as I can tell.

I'd rather they were shot at point blank
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:36 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
villainies wrote:

Even at his very best I think Barry comes up a bit short but who else is there. I wonder if Fab Cap will try someone else there in August?
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:39 pm

villainies wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:
villainies wrote:

Even at his very best I think Barry comes up a bit short but who else is there. I wonder if Fab Cap will try someone else there in August?

I reckon Rodwell will be involved in the not too distant future
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:47 pm

interesting. Do you reckon he's good enough? I must say I'm looking forward to seeing what happens and how the players react when the qualification starts.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:54 pm

Villainies, think by the end of this season, he will be a regular with Everton and pushing for an England spot, looks a very good prospect to me.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:05 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Villainies, think by the end of this season, he will be a regular with Everton and pushing for an England spot, looks a very good prospect to me.

we should get him down the Villa then.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:20 pm

villainies wrote:

don't be a nob

Its a question of integrity, the day you see an English manager ( and before you come up with anything glib like there ain't one good enough, any for that matter) managing an Italian national side or anything other than a German managing a German side, French managing France Sleep etc etc then I'll except your point its reasonable to have a foreign manager, furthermore if you can make a case for a foreign manager then you can just as easily make a case for allowing a foreign player in a national side, in fact you could make more of a case for a foreign player based on the premise he has been playing his football in England for ex amount of years previously and as such could qualify him for UK citizenship.

Laughing Talking gobbledygook mate....QB: bang on, and like any other fan across the world ( except for the UK pussy brigade) speaking for his country i second what your saying, there is no room for a foreign manager.....Much less one that fails..........Capello should not have been appointed in the first place, he was appointed by incompetent fools and that's been proven by the fact these idiots extended his contract before judging his performance at the world cup.

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:42 pm

Malachite wrote:
villainies wrote:

don't be a nob

Its a question of integrity, the day you see an English manager ( and before you come up with anything glib like there ain't one good enough, any for that matter) managing an Italian national side or anything other than a German managing a German side, French managing France Sleep etc etc then I'll except your point its reasonable to have a foreign manager, furthermore if you can make a case for a foreign manager then you can just as easily make a case for allowing a foreign player in a national side, in fact you could make more of a case for a foreign player based on the premise he has been playing his football in England for ex amount of years previously and as such could qualify him for UK citizenship.

Laughing Talking gobbledygook mate....QB: bang on, and like any other fan across the world ( except for the UK pussy brigade) speaking for his country i second what your saying, there is no room for a foreign manager.....Much less one that fails..........Capello should not have been appointed in the first place, he was appointed by incompetent fools and that's been proven by the fact these idiots extended his contract before judging his performance at the world cup.

Sleep You employ the best man for the job at the time, that happened to be Capello. What Englishman would've gone for the job if FAb CAp had been sacked? Curbishley? or maybe Shearer Very Happy
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:18 am

villainies wrote:
Malachite wrote:
villainies wrote:

don't be a nob

Sleep You employ the best man for the job at the time, that happened to be Capello. What Englishman would've gone for the job if FAb CAp had been sacked? Curbishley? or maybe Shearer Very Happy

Laughing Capello..the best man for the job at the time Laughing thats the kind of reply Ez would make or worse the FA, what on earth would you base that on.

The man couldn't even speak the language and to my knowledge and from what i've seen 2 1/2 years later, still can't. On that alone how can he be the best man for the job.

Capello may be a decent club manager, maybe, although if he's that sh1t hot there don't seem to be much of a queue for him, Liverpool is a classic example, preferring Hodgeson, who by the way has gone on record saying he would have jumped at the job to manage England 2 1/2 years ago, English and with management experience at International level, sorry mate Capello was no way the best man for the job.

He's Foreign.

Doesn't speak the language, doesn't understand the English mentality and people in the game are syaing that.

Has no experience at International level. Even Klinsman has gone on record saying he would have considered the England job, but of course you wouldn't employ a German as England manager would you....but then why not.

No arguement is there mate, problem is there has never been any justification in taking on another foreign manager and the FA know this, hasn't worked and was always doomed which is why i was posting on here as far back as 2 years ago it would be a disaster. sad IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:29 am

villainies wrote:

Blimey Villainies, you're sounding like the ginger twat.

Are you developing a Dutch accent?

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:03 am

Malachite wrote:
villainies wrote:
Malachite wrote:
villainies wrote:

don't be a nob

Laughing Capello..the best man for the job at the time Laughing thats the kind of reply Ez would make or worse the FA, what on earth would you base that on.

The man couldn't even speak the language and to my knowledge and from what i've seen 2 1/2 years later, still can't. On that alone how can he be the best man for the job.

Capello may be a decent club manager, maybe, although if he's that sh1t hot there don't seem to be much of a queue for him, Liverpool is a classic example, preferring Hodgeson, who by the way has gone on record saying he would have jumped at the job to manage England 2 1/2 years ago, English and with management experience at International level, sorry mate Capello was no way the best man for the job.

He's Foreign.

Doesn't speak the language, doesn't understand the English mentality and people in the game are syaing that.

Has no experience at International level. Even Klinsman has gone on record saying he would have considered the England job, but of course you wouldn't employ a German as England manager would you....but then why not.

No arguement is there mate, problem is there has never been any justification in taking on another foreign manager and the FA know this, hasn't worked and was always doomed which is why i was posting on here as far back as 2 years ago it would be a disaster. sad IMO.

Hodgson. The former Swiss, UAE and Finland coach? It sort of proves the point that you appoint the best man for the job rather than a native of your country. He could well be the right man for the job in a couple of years, lets see how he gets on at Liverpool under pressure before we get too carried away though. Capello's record speaks for itself and his record with England is also impressive. Whilst many thought England were in no position to win, not-many would've predicted such weak performances and I'm yet to hear a good explanation as to what happened. There was definitely something up with the players, that whole Terry thing proved there was problems. We had too many players either injured or returning from injury, we also had some obvious weaknesses and no player as far as I could tell played up to their best. Capello also made errors but has previously got them playing well and if the problem is him it will manifest itself in the qualifiers and he'll be moved on. If it proves to be the players that werent up to it then I'm sure he can sort it.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:06 am

villainies wrote:
Malachite wrote:
villainies wrote:
Malachite wrote:
villainies wrote:

don't be a nob

He's Foreign.

Hodgson. The former Swiss, UAE and Finland coach? It sort of proves the point that you appoint the best man for the job rather than a native of your country. He could well be the right man for the job in a couple of years, lets see how he gets on at Liverpool under pressure before we get too carried away though. Capello's record speaks for itself and his record with England is also impressive. Whilst many thought England were in no position to win, not-many would've predicted such weak performances and I'm yet to hear a good explanation as to what happened. There was definitely something up with the players, that whole Terry thing proved there was problems. We had too many players either injured or returning from injury, we also had some obvious weaknesses and no player as far as I could tell played up to their best. Capello also made errors but has previously got them playing well and if the problem is him it will manifest itself in the qualifiers and he'll be moved on. If it proves to be the players that werent up to it then I'm sure he can sort it.

Fcek me, he could have pegged it by then, have you seen how old he is. Jak went to school with his son
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:26 pm

villainies wrote:
Malachite wrote:
villainies wrote:
Malachite wrote:
villainies wrote:

don't be a nob

He's Foreign.

Sh1t Villanaise, you've put in so many words every reason why not to have him as manger, far better than i did Laughing played.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum