JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well thats it!!!!!!!!!

+2
jpr60
FrenchSpur
6 posters

Go down

Well thats it!!!!!!!!! Empty Well thats it!!!!!!!!!

Post  Guest Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:35 pm

Football over then for a couple of months...

Can't see anything exciting on the horizon in terms of transfers, think this will be a very very quiet transfer window, seems nobody has any money to spend, incredible when you compare this to 3 or 4 seasons ago.

keep an eye on it and see if we do get any real movement.

Back to top Go down

Well thats it!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: Well thats it!!!!!!!!!

Post  FrenchSpur Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:43 pm

Malachite wrote:Football over then for a couple of months...

Can't see anything exciting on the horizon in terms of transfers, think this will be a very very quiet transfer window, seems nobody has any money to spend, incredible when you compare this to 3 or 4 seasons ago.

keep an eye on it and see if we do get any real movement.

More like a month... Spurs are already playing friendlies they are off to the states this week end.
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:44 pm

I think the serious clubs are already involved in transfer activity i.e. Arsenal with Chamakh, Koscielny plus one or two others and the big-money clubs are also throwing their respective weight around i.e. Man City, Chelsea (anything that moves and is expensive).
I welcome a brief, pre-season pause, then friendlies, minor cup competitions then the real stuff starting in 6 weeks (not 'a couple of months') - Come on Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:47 pm

Pre season friendlies are already underway, and the new season starts in about a month. (14 August)
I'll be going to see West Ham v Deportivo on 07 August, then hopefully away to Villa the following week. Plenty to look forward to.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:05 pm

Dutch legend Johan Cruyff has lambasted English and Italian clubs for their reliance on foreign players following the respective nations' the World Cup debacle.

Cruyff has weighed his criticism on the basis of a lack of homegrown talent to explain the disappointing tournaments of the national sides, saying he favours FIFA's '6 plus 5' rule.

Italy finished bottom of a group which contained New Zealand, Slovakia and Paraguay while England laboured through their group only to be thrashed 4-1 by Germany in the second round.

"There are far too many foreign players in England and Italy," Cruyff said. "It means 50% of the starting line-ups for the national teams don't even play in the first ranked team in their own league.

"And the policies of football are behind this. It's these policies that mean Inter can win the Champions League without having one Italian in their side. And then a few weeks later you see what a disaster the Italian national side is.

"And if the governing body of football can't change their politics then the national federations should do something. That is why I am a big supporter of the '6 plus 5' rule. But I feel like I am out in the desert on my own shouting in support of this system.

"It's time for there to be a balance in the number of home players and foreign players."
Finn
Finn

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:07 pm

Overpaid tossers, looking forward more to Saturday games that the lad plays in, especially if he has passed his driving test by then Very Happy
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:08 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Overpaid tossers, looking forward more to Saturday games that the lad plays in, especially if he has passed his driving test by then Very Happy

Very Happy
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:11 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Overpaid tossers, looking forward more to Saturday games that the lad plays in, especially if he has passed his driving test by then Very Happy

You're a crafty old git. Very Happy

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:16 pm

jak wrote:

You're a crafty old git. Very Happy

Dont know what you mean by that, even older git Shocked
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum