JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warms the cockles

+2
villanfromluton
jpr60
6 posters

Go down

Warms the cockles Empty Warms the cockles

Post  jpr60 Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:45 pm

to see Captain Cesc and RVP back to start training - allows one to dream - a major season ahead, perhaps?!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Warms the cockles Empty Re: Warms the cockles

Post  villanfromluton Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:48 pm

I bet your favourite song is "all I have to do is dream"
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:15 pm

Just one big happy family - it's a love-in at The Grove, to be followed by a season of excellent one and two-touch football, dramatic goalscoring and cold-eyed, no-nonsense defending - bring it on!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:43 pm

Cesc dont want to be there JPR, we all know that, but good for the premiership that he is staying for one more season
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:57 pm

Course he wants to be there. cheers

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:04 pm

jak wrote:Course he wants to be there. cheers

Even you aint that silly to believe that
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:11 pm

His statement today sounded to me like he'd been told to straighten up & fly right.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:06 am

I reckon he's got a gentleman's agreement with wenger which will see him leave on good terms next summer.In all fairness he's been good for Arsenal and Arsenal have been very good for him.They'll get a whacking great fee for him as well after some excellent service.It'll be very similar to the Ronaldo deal between Man U and Real Madrid.IMO arsenal are only a goalkeeper and a centre half away from a proper title challenge this season.I'm sure this will have been a factor in fabregas staying
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:58 am

QBVILLA wrote:I reckon he's got a gentleman's agreement with wenger which will see him leave on good terms next summer.In all fairness he's been good for Arsenal and Arsenal have been very good for him.They'll get a whacking great fee for him as well after some excellent service.It'll be very similar to the Ronaldo deal between Man U and Real Madrid.IMO arsenal are only a goalkeeper and a centre half away from a proper title challenge this season.I'm sure this will have been a factor in fabregas staying

Having watched the match against Legia Warsaw last evening I couldn't agree more. Fabianski (first half) may be a smashing bloke and excellent in training but he loses it in a match situation. Have to say I don't ever want to see him playing for The Arsenal again.
Am hoping that we start against Liverpool with a Djourou/Vermaelen central defensive partnership - Koscielny is good on the ball, sharp in the tackle but needs to 'bulk up' IMO if he's to cut it in the Prem.
Also of note from yesterday's game - neither Theo nor Rosicky looked better than average, Nasri (again) very sharp and determined, Wilshere worked his nuts off, Chamakh looks to be a very good leader-of-the-line (nice headed goal too, beat keeper and defender), JET came on and scored a tasty goal, Eboue scored twice (!) and added a touch of oomph to the midfield (replace Walcott) in which young Frimpong looked lightweight, surprisingly. Gibbs played second half in front of Clichy and also scored a good goal (first ever goal in a competitive match) - wouldn't mind who is chosen between him and Clichy at Liverpool, although I suppose Clichy will get the nod as Gibbs is off with England in mid-week!
Also hoping we've got Song and Diaby fit for the first match - we need to ensure players are aware of their defensive duties in midfield - no problem going forward though, but winning 6-5 is a touch nerve-racking!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:37 am

GK..CB and a LEADER in the middle of the park.. if they dont get in a tough tackling dominant man in the middle of the park.. t will be the same old story...
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:05 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:GK..CB and a LEADER in the middle of the park.. if they dont get in a tough tackling dominant man in the middle of the park.. t will be the same old story...

Our leader is Captain Cesc, our holding player is Song who improved a lot last season.
We need a dominant keeper (Almunia's big enough but not mouthy enough) and another central defender, although I've hopes that Djourou will remain injury-free and finally prove his worth this time around. I trust that by this time next week both new players will be in place - I don't want to witness another silly match like yesterday!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:48 pm

jpr60 wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:GK..CB and a LEADER in the middle of the park.. if they dont get in a tough tackling dominant man in the middle of the park.. t will be the same old story...

Our leader is Captain Cesc, our holding player is Song who improved a lot last season.
We need a dominant keeper (Almunia's big enough but not mouthy enough) and another central defender, although I've hopes that Djourou will remain injury-free and finally prove his worth this time around. I trust that by this time next week both new players will be in place - I don't want to witness another silly match like yesterday!

You're right, jpr. Strong experienced goalkeeper and central defender. Song is very good alongside Cesc.
Also I worry very much when I see Rosicky in our shirt. He is not prepared to drop back and support the defence. Denilson also suffers the same deficiency.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum