JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good news from Villa Park

4 posters

Go down

Good news from Villa Park Empty Good news from Villa Park

Post  roadoftrinity Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:13 am

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/ClubNewsDetail/0,,10265~2112760,00.html

No more fecking Carlberg cheers

I do like a pint of Heineken as well :)

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Good news from Villa Park Empty Re: Good news from Villa Park

Post  Bedshammer Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:23 am

Is it still no alcohol for away fans?
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:31 am

Bedshammer wrote:Is it still no alcohol for away fans?

No idea to be honest, I never realised that it ever was.

That's ridiculous if it is no alcohol for away fans.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:36 am

No beer in the ground 2 years ago when we went. The only ground I've ever been to that has that rule. Good news from Villa Park Icon_cry Not that I've been to many......
We walked up to a pub called the Yew Tree before the game because the Cap & Gown was full.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:40 am

Bedshammer wrote:No beer in the ground 2 years ago when we went. The only ground I've ever been to that has that rule. Good news from Villa Park Icon_cry Not that I've been to many......
We walked up to a pub called the Yew Tree before the game because the Cap & Gown was full.

No, I've not been to a ground where they have that rule, other then for a European away game.

Seems very unfair, especially watching us stuff you, your going to need a drink Razz

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:41 am

Bedshammer wrote:No beer in the ground 2 years ago when we went. The only ground I've ever been to that has that rule. Good news from Villa Park Icon_cry Not that I've been to many......

I've been to a couple who do that beds, although sometimes it depends if the game is a night match or other circumstances. I think the only club that does it all the time that I've been to is Liverpool.

Oh I remember in Highbury once we wasn't allowed forks to eat a pie with, I was told they only have forks in the home end Rolling Eyes

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:48 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
I've been to a couple who do that beds, although sometimes it depends if the game is a night match or other circumstances. I think the only club that does it all the time that I've been to is Liverpool.

Oh I remember in Highbury once we wasn't allowed forks to eat a pie with, I was told they only have forks in the home end Rolling Eyes

I never realised they didn't serve beer at Liverpool? It was a while ago when I went though, Carlton Cole was playing for us, a few people got thrown out then as well so that might be why they stopped.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:03 am

roadoftrinity wrote:

No, I've not been to a ground where they have that rule, other then for a European away game.

Seems very unfair, especially watching us stuff you, your going to need a drink Good news from Villa Park Icon_razz

It's been a while since you stuffed us, to be fair.......
Could even get a drink at St Andrews, with all the riot police lining the stairs.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:08 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:

Oh I remember in Highbury once we wasn't allowed forks to eat a pie with, I was told they only have forks in the home end Good news from Villa Park Icon_rolleyes

We were at VP for a 3pm Saturday kickoff. Do they never serve beer to away fans or is it just us?
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:08 am

Bedshammer wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:

Oh I remember in Highbury once we wasn't allowed forks to eat a pie with, I was told they only have forks in the home end Good news from Villa Park Icon_rolleyes

We were at VP for a 3pm Saturday kickoff. Do they never serve beer to away fans or is it just us?

Don't know beds, never been an away fan at Villa Park Tease . I imagine that if they didn't for you then they probably don't for any away fans. You get your own pub down by the roundabout anyway so stop moaning Razz

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:11 am

roadoftrinity wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:

I never realised they didn't serve beer at Liverpool? It was a while ago when I went though, Carlton Cole was playing for us, a few people got thrown out then as well so that might be why they stopped.

We are getting a bit of a bad reputation away from home with some clubs. I know thats why our allocation at blackburn in the semi last year wasn't for the full stand, they say we cause to much trouble when we are there. But then you are going to get a lot of people arrested if you arrest them for real petty things, my mate was arrested during the league game there (fair enough he broke a chair) but he was talking with another fan who was nicked because he was walking out the ground singing "your just a small team in Burnley" pathetic.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:16 am

Couldn't get in there last time - like I said, we went to the Yew Tree last time. Just shows you how well West Ham treat visitors to the Boleyn Ground - all the overpriced weak beer you can drink! Oh, and you can have a fork with your pie.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:18 am

Bedshammer wrote:Couldn't get in there last time - like I said, we went to the Yew Tree last time. Just shows you how well West Ham treat visitors to the Boleyn Ground - all the overpriced weak beer you can drink! Oh, and you can have a fork with your pie.

A pint at your place is more then at Stamford Bridge Mad

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:19 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:Couldn't get in there last time - like I said, we went to the Yew Tree last time. Just shows you how well West Ham treat visitors to the Boleyn Ground - all the overpriced weak beer you can drink! Oh, and you can have a fork with your pie.

A pint at your place is more then at Stamford Bridge Good news from Villa Park Icon_mad

£3.50? I don't know, to be honest. It's the same price for home fans though.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:21 am

Bedshammer wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:

A pint at your place is more then at Stamford Bridge Good news from Villa Park Icon_mad

Yep its £3.20 at chelsea Laughing

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:28 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:

Yep its £3.20 at chelsea Laughing

It's £2.20 at Crawley Green cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:33 am

Next time you come to Upton Park, go to the Central, It's a craphole but it's cheap, close to where the buses park, and away fans are welcome. We were talking to some Villa fans in there before the game last year.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:35 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
roadoftrinity wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:

We are getting a bit of a bad reputation away from home with some clubs. I know thats why our allocation at blackburn in the semi last year wasn't for the full stand, they say we cause to much trouble when we are there. But then you are going to get a lot of people arrested if you arrest them for real petty things, my mate was arrested during the league game there (fair enough he broke a chair) but he was talking with another fan who was nicked because he was walking out the ground singing "your just a small team in Burnley" pathetic.

Luton better not go there then

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum