JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England Squad to face Hungary

+6
Avfc_4eva_Sotc
villanfromluton
jak
jpr60
Bedshammer
MrMagoo
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

England Squad to face Hungary Empty England Squad to face Hungary

Post  MrMagoo Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:43 am

Goalkeepers: Ben Foster (Birmingham), Joe Hart (Manchester City), Paul Robinson (Blackburn)

Defenders: Wes Brown (Manchester United), Gary Cahill (Bolton), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Michael Dawson (Tottenham Hotspur), Kieran Gibbs (Arsenal), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), John Terry (Chelsea)

Midfielders: Gareth Barry (Manchester City), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Adam Johnson (Manchester City), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), James Milner (Aston Villa), Ashley Young (Aston Villa), Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal)

Forwards: Darren Bent (Sunderland), Carlton Cole (West Ham United), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Bobby Zamora (Fulham)
MrMagoo
MrMagoo
Da Boss

Back to top Go down

England Squad to face Hungary Empty Re: England Squad to face Hungary

Post  Bedshammer Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:28 am

Paull Robinson has turned them down, and says he's retiring from international football.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:04 pm

I'm all for blooding the youngsters, but Jack Wilshere has had half a fecking season in the Premiership and he hardly lit it up did he?

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:08 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:I'm all for blooding the youngsters, but Jack Wilshere has had half a fecking season in the Premiership and he hardly lit it up did he?

But he's not actually got much competition has he? This is a (useless) warm-up/friendly match of no importance whatosever - a good time to bring in players for the future, even if it potentially screws up the start of the season for clubs who have to provide players.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:30 pm

jpr60 wrote:
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:I'm all for blooding the youngsters, but Jack Wilshere has had half a fecking season in the Premiership and he hardly lit it up did he?

But he's not actually got much competition has he? This is a (useless) warm-up/friendly match of no importance whatosever - a good time to bring in players for the future, even if it potentially screws up the start of the season for clubs who have to provide players.

These friendlies at this juncture are just bollocks. Huh

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:06 pm

Crazy to have a bloody friendly before the start of the season. See Wes Brown has quit as well now Very Happy
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:09 pm

Very Happy Very Happy

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:10 pm

Bent has withdrawn, too. It'll be Fabio & a ballboy by tomorrow night.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:13 pm

Who is really going to want to play in this game with the new season starting this weekend. I mean we have 3 games in the first 8 days.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:44 pm

Assuming any players turn up for the game Laughing Gerrard made me laugh today when asked if he would boo the England team.

"errrrrr yes i would"

ffs Stevie G, dress it up a bit, something like "yes i would but i would hope the fans can be patient and give us a break to put it right" something like that, lets hope for England that there aren't many in the ground tomorrow night.

Back to top Go down

Post  MrMagoo Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:32 pm

Ben Foster pulls out of squad now
MrMagoo
MrMagoo
Da Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:48 pm

Where are we with Capello, I wonder. Is he going to stick with Rooney, Lampard, Gerrard, Barry, Terry as the key components of up-coming England qualification matches or will he truly use the opportunity of replacing 'The Old' by 'The New'?.
My theory is that, having played with and coached some pretty excellent technical players over the years he's looked at England's finest and found them to be wanting, technically, so he's gone with the typical English type of player, hoping guts and physical determination will prevail. It didn't work in South Africa of course, but why would he introduce a younger bunch of the same type of players who would be inferior in terms of experience? Unless we've got a couple of super-talented individuals coming through (Jack Wilshere might fit the bill) my guess is we'll continue to see the old usual faces in the months to come, until Capello's time runs out.
Oh dear, that sounds a touch negative doesn't it?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:53 pm

I think Capello's time is short, to be honest.

Re: Wilshere. I've been hearing some rather unpleasant things about his off duty behaviour. I really hope he grows out of it soon.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:04 pm

jpr60 wrote:Where are we with Capello, I wonder. Is he going to stick with Rooney, Lampard, Gerrard, Barry, Terry as the key components of up-coming England qualification matches or will he truly use the opportunity of replacing 'The Old' by 'The New'?.
My theory is that, having played with and coached some pretty excellent technical players over the years he's looked at England's finest and found them to be wanting, technically, so he's gone with the typical English type of player, hoping guts and physical determination will prevail. It didn't work in South Africa of course, but why would he introduce a younger bunch of the same type of players who would be inferior in terms of experience? Unless we've got a couple of super-talented individuals coming through (Jack Wilshere might fit the bill) my guess is we'll continue to see the old usual faces in the months to come, until Capello's time runs out.

I'm as optimistic as they come, but I'll be surprised if we qualify for Euro 2012. The whole international set up is years behind anyone else in Europe, there's no amazing kids coming through anyone's ranks, and half of our so called "Golden Generation" are now over 30, and all useless pricks. Still no Scott Parker either.

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:38 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:
jpr60 wrote:Where are we with Capello, I wonder. Is he going to stick with Rooney, Lampard, Gerrard, Barry, Terry as the key components of up-coming England qualification matches or will he truly use the opportunity of replacing 'The Old' by 'The New'?.

I'm as optimistic as they come, but I'll be surprised if we qualify for Euro 2012. The whole international set up is years behind anyone else in Europe, there's no amazing kids coming through anyone's ranks, and half of our so called "Golden Generation" are now over 30, and all useless pricks. Still no Scott Parker either.

If you look around there are quite a few players who've bever been given a chance. Parker being one of them.
Parker gives his all, he should have been given a decent run in the side. Surely the prima donnas had failed the nation enough before being given yet another chance to feck up.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:57 pm

jak wrote:

If you look around there are quite a few players who've bever been given a chance. Parker being one of them.
Parker gives his all, he should have been given a decent run in the side. Surely the prima donnas had failed the nation enough before being given yet another chance to feck up.

I can't think of an English player in better form than Parker, at the very least we'll get a bit of commitment from him.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:37 am

Sorry, I don't agree with this no talent coming through, think that's a scape goat, we have just as much talent coming through as anyone else what we don't have is people at the top of any real quality that know how to administer the need of the game in order to develop a good national development programme, and also people at the top who are capable of making the right decisions.

Even now they put money before making the right decisions, the right decision is to sack Capello, doesn't matter what Gerrard says, he's a very rich footballer, he wants to retain the present format as much as possible, and as long as possible, as a new manger may see him as surplus to requirement and his career is then on a downward spiral at his age.

Capello should go and actually he should want to go if he had any dignity, and we should put an English manager in place that has some kind of vision and plan and realises that there is sufficient talent out there and able to bond them together as a team.

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:51 am

When Capello took over i thought he was the man for the job.. i knew ball retention would be a massive problem with the way we are coached.. but still thought we had a genuine chance..

Now i think we are doomed under Capello.. we need this man out asap.. even if we qualify for 2012.. we will get battered by someone in the early knock out rounds..

NOTHING has changed.. droppping fringe players from the squad wont change the fact we have had a decade with Gerrard and Lampard in midfield and we have been shit.. Terry Rooney Gerrard Lampard will all be playing in the qualifiers.. from the strikers he has picked it seems 4-4-2 will stay too affraid
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:17 am

If we sack Capello, who can we bring in? The problem runs far far deeper than the manager.

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:15 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:If we sack Capello, who can we bring in? The problem runs far far deeper than the manager.

MON is available...

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:25 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:If we sack Capello, who can we bring in? The problem runs far far deeper than the manager.

MON is available...

What, that fecking bottler?! Mad

Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:31 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:

MON is available...

What, that fecking bottler?! Mad

Wink

he will stay aslong as he has money to spend on players......

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  mastermank Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:12 pm

thing is about capello you don't become a manger wtih his sort of record by making the same mistake twice - he'll learn from what has happened and will do better.
seriously though the group of players was nowhere near good enough to win so would 1 more round have been enough or 2 more rounds?

mastermank

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:02 pm

More shit, what a surprise. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:18 pm

I thought there were signs of what is the way forward.. Ok the opposition was rubbish but still you can get some idea of what is the way forward..

Grow a pair and drop Rooney and Lampard..

Play Ash Young left wing.. Barry Milner middle.. Johnson right wing.. Gerrard in the hole behind Zamora ( who looked decent)..

Bring Jack Wilshire slowly more and more into the team.. probbaly the only technically gifted player we have in midifeld.. lets see if he can make the grade..

I would personally play Scot Parker instead of Barry but he doesnt seem to be getting a look in..

Gibbs looks a real prospect.. the CB situation worrying.. we dont seem to have a real quality defender but we have to just get on with it...

IF we keep persisiting with Rooney Gerrard and Lampard then we are fecked..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum