JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Really Want The Gooners To Win This One.

3 posters

Go down

I Really Want The Gooners To Win This One. Empty I Really Want The Gooners To Win This One.

Post  Ringo Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:12 pm

Then Maybe 'Roy The Boy' Will shell out 20m for Carlton Cole!

If that comes off, What will Villa get out him for Nigel Real Cockup?

I just love the Sunday papers ! Laughing
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

I Really Want The Gooners To Win This One. Empty Re: I Really Want The Gooners To Win This One.

Post  jpr60 Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:56 pm

We should have won it, whether they had 11, 10 or - for a while - 9 men we always had more than 60% possession but lacked the final ball, the shot from 18 yards, whatever it was and it was all a touch frustrating TBH.
Reina did well for them - I wouldn't say he knew much about the own goal he's supposed to have scored, the bloke was rushing back to cover so could hardly stop in mid-stride to carry tha ball anywhere else when it arrived - I thought we'd scored with a Rosicky shot but he touched it over.
I'm pretty sure Liverpool were happier with the point at the death than we were (in the 78th minute I was still expecting us to score twice!) - still, there we are. On wards and upwards, as they say. Looking forward to seeing Captain Cesc next time around and, oh yes, I was pleasantly surprised to see Koscielny more than hold his own in the centre of defence - good positional play, sharp inteceptions and good distribution out of defence - how the hell he got a second yellow for hand-ball when the ball was played at him from one yard is beyond me. Still, part of the learning cycle. Nearly get your leg taken off in a late challenge and get two yellows - I reckon he's got a future this lad!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

I Really Want The Gooners To Win This One. Empty Re: I Really Want The Gooners To Win This One.

Post  jak Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:12 pm

Still, this was a tricky opener. A 1-1 is no failure for us.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down