JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inside Incredible Athletes

2 posters

Go down

Inside Incredible Athletes Empty Inside Incredible Athletes

Post  Bedshammer Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:46 pm

Just watching this, was on C4 last night, about paralympian hopefuls. Amazing and inspiring.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Inside Incredible Athletes Empty Re: Inside Incredible Athletes

Post  jannerblue Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:23 pm

Bedshammer wrote:Just watching this, was on C4 last night, about paralympian hopefuls. Amazing and inspiring.

Watched it too, Beds. True inspiration! Compare those people to the nob heads who 'can't' work because they have a dodgy back..
jannerblue
jannerblue

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:30 am

Indeed.

I once met a man with physical and mental handicaps who'd swum for Britain in the Special Olympics. He was so proud of his achievement and yet most people don't even know about the Special Olympics.

The Paralympics is amazing, though.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  jannerblue Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:05 pm

Bedshammer wrote:Indeed.

I once met a man with physical and mental handicaps who'd swum for Britain in the Special Olympics. He was so proud of his achievement and yet most people don't even know about the Special Olympics.

The Paralympics is amazing, though.

When my Mum was in hospital last year she was in the next bed to a lady who used to represent Britain in the paralympics (I forget her name, will find out), was a world record holder in about 4 events I think. Never moaned about her condition at all.
jannerblue
jannerblue

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:14 pm

Look at Tanni Grey Thompson.

And I saw this man http://marcwoods.com/ give one of his motivational speeches earlier this year. Absolutely brilliant but made me cry.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:26 pm

Bedshammer wrote:Look at Tanni Grey Thompson.

And I saw this man http://marcwoods.com/ give one of his motivational speeches earlier this year. Absolutely brilliant but made me cry.

I absolutely agree beds you can only stand in awe of these people, which makes it all the difficult to say in passing what i will next.

I went to a party years ago and it was a special event for paraplegics and general disabled people etc, as the party went on we all had a few drinks as you do, and i began to realise how much energy these disabled people have, and how strong, but.......the woman where unbelievable, they where sex mad, and when i spoke to the carer she said its always been the way, the lads are very physical and the girls are virtually always over sexed.

This is not a negative and no i didn't....just in case anybody is curious, not that there is anything wrong with that whatsoever Mr Hague Laughing

Seriously, completley agree beds, full admiration.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum