JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question mark.

5 posters

Go down

Question mark. Empty Question mark.

Post  jpr60 Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:33 pm

When we had the chances we had today - a fluke goal then three or four good chances, then the pen - and we don't take them we have to say that's a big question-mark about our capability to win something this season.
Hugely disappointed - cannot say anyone played poorly although Song hasn't looked at his best for a couple of games now and AA really is a much better player than his recent performances suggest - Sunderland were big (fat, in some obvious cases) and strong but they were route-one. Whenever we played the ball on the surface we cut through them like a hot knife through butter but we didn't do it often enough. There was a lot of physical stuff going on - no doubt Song deserved his two yellow cards but Bramble got away with some horrible stuff out there, poor old Chamakh was banged about for 90 minutes but kept at it (a good lad is Chamakh) and we really should have seen them off. Two points lost - very frustrating!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Question mark. Empty Re: Question mark.

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:34 pm

Arsenals season will be defined when they play Chelsea soon... will be a very significant 90 minutes IMO..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:35 pm

JPR, I didnt see all the game, but thought Song should have been booked just before he actually was and could have no complaints with the sending off. However, saw poor foul by Bramble couple of minutes later on Wilshere just outside area and he got away with it, very poor. I took dog out just after that, but you had looked better with 10 men
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:40 pm

villanfromluton wrote:JPR, I didnt see all the game, but thought Song should have been booked just before he actually was and could have no complaints with the sending off. However, saw poor foul by Bramble couple of minutes later on Wilshere just outside area and he got away with it, very poor. I took dog out just after that, but you had looked better with 10 men

Dowd was the ref, say no more! He missed/overlooked a lot of stuff but I'm not complaining, it's what we've come to expect. We really should have done better, despite being down to ten men and, to cap it all there were 4 minutes added on at the finish, no stoppages during the four minutes and yet Sunderland's equaliser came in the fifth minute of extra time. Perhaps it was just one of those days, I hope so!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:13 pm

Well I'm extremely encouraged by today's performance. I thought we played well insofar as we battled all the way.
Song was stupidly but rightly sent off. Rosicky missed the target by 3 yards from 12 yards. Rolling Eyes
Ultimately though we did the job only for Dowd to feck us by playing well over overtime. He gave a corner just on the final seconds of extra time, the corner was taken and when the ball was cleared the whistle should have been blown.
No, we did well in an aerial bombardment today. I don't think we have been able to weather that storm in the past few seasons. We did today and I am really excited about this current squad.
Dowd is an absolute wanker, though that seems to be a prerequisite for PL referees these days!!!

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:49 am

how is this a Question for Mark?

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:30 pm

I watched the game and thought it was quite boring. Not the Arsenal of old. There seemed to be a spark missing somewhere..
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:44 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:I watched the game and thought it was quite boring. Not the Arsenal of old. There seemed to be a spark missing somewhere..

Hey Frenchie, don't we have a League Cup-tie coming up this week? I imagine we'll have the kids out - no doubt 'Arry will play his first eleven and hope for a result Wink

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:48 pm

Apparently we are putting out the ladies team.... Still going to beat your babies though... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Is this what the league cup has become ???? seeing who can put out the worst team and still win ??/
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:52 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:I watched the game and thought it was quite boring. Not the Arsenal of old. There seemed to be a spark missing somewhere..

Sometimes you have to grind it out, Cath. We haven't been able to do that in recent seasons, yet we did it very well yesterday. Remember, we lost Fabregas very early on and you have to look at that in the context of the many other flair players we had missing. All that and we only fell because Dowd is a total tosser. I'm really happy with our squad, provided we don't have to rely on Rosicky and Denilson too often. They go through the motions defensively and that will not be good enough against the top teams.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down