JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The FA?

2 posters

Go down

The FA? Empty The FA?

Post  jpr60 Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:32 pm

I truly despair at times with the way football is managed - overseen - in this country.
A couple of games back an opposing player made an over-the-ball/studs-up challenge on Diaby, who was taken off after treatment. It was a blatant foul - 'old-school' if you like - which the referee apparently didn't see. Fair enough, the ref can't see everything. But the match was recorded and the FA could have, should have picked up on an 'unseen incident' (which could have easily broken an opponents leg) and taken some action. I understand nobody made a fuss about it on Sky or wherever it was shown, therefore it didn't happen.
Last game Sunderland scored an equalising goal in the 95th minute, following a four-minute time addition (during which there were no hold-ups) and Arsene Wenger was displeased. He remonstrated with the fourth official. It may well be that Wenger overstepped the mark but at least you could understand why.
Now I quite accept that if Wenger did or said something out of place (however justified he may have felt) the FA step up, have a look and make a ruling - £8,000 fine, one-match touchline ban. But I consider their total lack of any action against a player making an over-the-top foul in the previous match totally unacceptable. WTF do we have to do to get some sense of proportion and responsibility into the game?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

The FA? Empty Re: The FA?

Post  jak Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:15 pm

jpr60 wrote:I truly despair at times with the way football is managed - overseen - in this country.
A couple of games back an opposing player made an over-the-ball/studs-up challenge on Diaby, who was taken off after treatment. It was a blatant foul - 'old-school' if you like - which the referee apparently didn't see. Fair enough, the ref can't see everything. But the match was recorded and the FA could have, should have picked up on an 'unseen incident' (which could have easily broken an opponents leg) and taken some action. I understand nobody made a fuss about it on Sky or wherever it was shown, therefore it didn't happen.
Last game Sunderland scored an equalising goal in the 95th minute, following a four-minute time addition (during which there were no hold-ups) and Arsene Wenger was displeased. He remonstrated with the fourth official. It may well be that Wenger overstepped the mark but at least you could understand why.
Now I quite accept that if Wenger did or said something out of place (however justified he may have felt) the FA step up, have a look and make a ruling - £8,000 fine, one-match touchline ban. But I consider their total lack of any action against a player making an over-the-top foul in the previous match totally unacceptable. WTF do we have to do to get some sense of proportion and responsibility into the game?

I agree with all you say, jpr. The one thing is that I do feel that Wenger puts himself on the map with the officials a little too often. I don't think that helps with the treatment we get from refs.

jak

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum