JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It is pretty apt.....

Go down

It is pretty apt..... Empty It is pretty apt.....

Post  Guest Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:19 pm

..... that the poster seen most in Couch Potatoes is the resident employment dodger!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

It is pretty apt..... Empty Re: It is pretty apt.....

Post  QBVILLA Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:26 pm

Reddi! wrote:..... that the poster seen most in Couch Potatoes is the resident employment dodger!! Very Happy

Joking aside but it's tough for young Grant.My lad is 18, 19 in December.The apprenticeship in carpentry he's been doing since leaving school is a pile of shit and because it's government funded the company he works for are happy to pay him his £95 a week to sit at home.He's had enough and as the funding runs out when he turns 19 it looks like he'll get laid off.With no site placement he won't complete his NVQ level 2 meaning the past two years have been a complete waste.So he went to the job centre.They told him they couldn't (wouldn't) help him unless he was unemployed.So he went to an employment agency and told them he has a full licence, didn't mind what hours and he'd take any job at minimum wage.They told him he couldn't sign up with them as he's not unemployed.So he's printed off 100 CV's and next week he'll be knocking on every factory door and asking for a job.There's feck all going for these kids and it seems feck all help once they leave the comfort zone of education.Hence why there are so many bullshit courses run at college these days.it's not even been 15yrs since i was his age but back then only the really brainy or the really wealthy kids went to uni.The rest of us were basically factory fodder.It's tough for these lads to get on, i feel sorry for them.

Having said all of that, Grant is a lazy tnuc anyway Tosspot
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:20 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
Reddi! wrote:..... that the poster seen most in Couch Potatoes is the resident employment dodger!! Very Happy

Joking aside but it's tough for young Grant.My lad is 18, 19 in December.The apprenticeship in carpentry he's been doing since leaving school is a pile of shit and because it's government funded the company he works for are happy to pay him his £95 a week to sit at home.He's had enough and as the funding runs out when he turns 19 it looks like he'll get laid off.With no site placement he won't complete his NVQ level 2 meaning the past two years have been a complete waste.So he went to the job centre.They told him they couldn't (wouldn't) help him unless he was unemployed.So he went to an employment agency and told them he has a full licence, didn't mind what hours and he'd take any job at minimum wage.They told him he couldn't sign up with them as he's not unemployed.So he's printed off 100 CV's and next week he'll be knocking on every factory door and asking for a job.There's feck all going for these kids and it seems feck all help once they leave the comfort zone of education.Hence why there are so many bullshit courses run at college these days.it's not even been 15yrs since i was his age but back then only the really brainy or the really wealthy kids went to uni.The rest of us were basically factory fodder.It's tough for these lads to get on, i feel sorry for them.
Having said all of that, Grant is a lazy tnuc anyway Tosspot

It is tough, but I think it will get tougher once the spending cuts kick in.
One kick in the bollocks is that employers don't even bother sending out Dear John's these days.

I am in total agreement with the final sentence though!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum