JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Partisan Belgrade, away.

Go down

Partisan Belgrade, away. Empty Partisan Belgrade, away.

Post  jpr60 Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:43 pm

Not a match I'd care to play in, nor travel to see TBH. The Belgrade fans are every bit as bad as those in Turkey (whether it's Partisan or Red Star) and the mentality of the players may well be to give The Arsenal a good kicking (assuming showing them how to play football might not be applicable, but who knows?).
I'd be quite happy for Arsene to send out the eleven that started the match against WBA, in the hope that a couple of good kicks might wake certain players up (Eboue and Diaby in particular) but that's a bit cruel I suppose. Almunia's not included which might have been good news if it were'nt for the fact that Fabianski will replace him!
Let's hope that the WBA non-performance was a blip (although it followed the previous first-team relatively poor performance at Sunderland) - I'd like to see The Real Arsenal show up for this one and the match at Stamford Bridge next weekend, please!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Partisan Belgrade, away. Empty Re: Partisan Belgrade, away.

Post  Guest Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:45 pm

Will definitely be a hard test for your boys, I hope they show some backbone and fight as an honorary Red Star fan. Come on you Gooners! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:11 am

Well, it was a better performance than the WBA game - it had to be really - and although we could've been 4-0 up at half-time we managed to keep everyone on their nail-biting toes by conceding a soft pen following an excellent Wilshere-AA goal, shunning a pen of our own (AA took the perfect pen against Blackpool, WTF was he thinking of, straight down the middle, that's OK when you're 4-0 up?!) before we finally took a couple of chances - Chamakh's headed goal a fair reward for another hard-working display up front and Squillaci's header a first for him. Oh yes, Fabianski looked like a goalkeeper - well done lad, I truly didn't think you had it in you (so to speak), a fine pen save late on and an even better stop from point-blank range. Keep it up - you might be needed in similar form this weekend! Looking good in the CL for the moment.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum