JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dont You Know Who I Am ?

Go down

Dont You Know Who I Am ?  Empty Dont You Know Who I Am ?

Post  Ringo Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:03 pm

Plymouth Argyle captain Carl Fletcher stormed out of court after a judge told him he was not famous enough to avoid jury duty.

The former Wales international appeared at Plymouth Crown Court to explain he could not perform his duty, saying he had to prepare for a match at Cheltenham Town, and that he was too well-known in the area.

However, Judge Francis Gilbert dismissed his excuses, saying more famous people than him had served on juries.

The judge said: "Jury service is an important public duty everyone has to do, including judges, however well-known they are.

"Captaining Plymouth Argyle is not sufficient reason for not doing jury service. Employers are required to give you time off for jury service as a matter of law.

"So far, what you've said is not sufficient. You will have to come next Monday unless you make a proper application.

"Lots of well-known people, some more famous than you, have been required to sit on juries."

Fletcher snapped: "I am glad I have to pay my taxes to do jury service,” then left the courtroom.
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum