JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Innervisions

2 posters

Go down

Innervisions Empty Innervisions

Post  jpr60 Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:44 pm

I've been playing it (the vinyl record) today - Stevie Wonder, 1970's - a masterpiece. The whole sound, the feel, the rhythms, lyrics, even the pre-Michael Jackson yelps, it's all in there - what a great performer and what a great album. I'm thinking it's the best album I've ever bought - and I recall in the music papers (NME if I remember well) it was slagged off when it was released, incredible!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Innervisions Empty Re: Innervisions

Post  Bedshammer Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:55 pm

A brilliant album. I thought it was hailed as groundbreaking at the time, though.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:00 pm

Bedshammer wrote:A brilliant album. I thought it was hailed as groundbreaking at the time, though.

Perhaps it was, generally cos Wonder played most of the instruments himself and the songs were terrific. I just recall the NME (Charles Shaar Murrey or somesuch name?) saying the album was ruined by Wonder's clumsy drumming, amongst other things. I think the critic had the hots for David Bowie and anything else was simply shrugged aside. Anyway I remember it p!ssed me off at the time.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:22 pm

A quite brilliant work of art. Love it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum