JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One of the all time classic

2 posters

Go down

One of the all time classic Empty One of the all time classic

Post  Guest Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:29 am

Clap Clap Clap

Back to top Go down

One of the all time classic Empty Re: One of the all time classic

Post  villainies Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:02 am

Time has been kinder to Gilmour's voice than Water's. What a fooking great great band.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:08 am

I'm going to see Roger Waters in May, cannot wait. I was bought up listening to Pink Floyd, been waiting all my life for a chance to see him. David Gilmour is joining him for one date of the tour, I'm hopnh it's May 17th in London.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:00 pm

Floyd, real creative force in music, rare these days.

I've put this lad up before and his ability on a Les Paul guitar, doing a Guns and Roses cover, how he's not been snatched up is beyond me because you can see he's up there with the best, simply amazing.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBI0QbMyPbs

Back to top Go down

Post  MrMagoo Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:22 pm

Speaking of guitarists, went to see Y&T last Sunday and it was one of the best live performances I have ever seen.

Dave Meniketti has to be one of the most under rated guitarists ever.

MrMagoo
MrMagoo
Da Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:40 pm

MrMagoo wrote:Speaking of guitarists, went to see Y&T last Sunday and it was one of the best live performances I have ever seen.

Dave Meniketti has to be one of the most under rated guitarists ever.

Oh God!!!! Sad heart&Soul Laughing Clap Clap

Well i shall treat myself to a few viewings of that, because that's what it is, and you saw that live....ouch, are you Ok now...take it easy dude, like the Chilean miners it takes time to recover from something so unbelievable. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  MrMagoo Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:46 pm

Best guitarists I have ever seen play live and a great vocalist too.

Am hoping to see them again on their current tour

photos I took at the Nottingham gig http://www.seanlarkin.co.uk/yt/2010/10/10/yt-rock-city-nottingham-09102010.html
MrMagoo
MrMagoo
Da Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:15 pm

Magoo:

Not only are you getting some ultra sharp pickies are you adjusting the hue and saturation on software afterwards, some of the colours bouncing of objects such as mike stands and guitars is sublime, ambient light is spot on in some, as indeed the black and white photos, you know yourself how difficult black is in any photo, usually shows by default as a bland area.

Fabric textures in 1 and black in 7,spot on and 17 and 19 are gorgeous lovely rounded colours,ditto 26. Do you despeckle to remove any excessive graininess.

Nice work, if your taking this from the point of click to production you must have some serious kit.

Back to top Go down

Post  MrMagoo Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:30 pm

Cheers Mal.

The only editing I really do is a bit of sharpening and adjusting the curves/contrast. Now and then will desaturate the pic so there is only a small hint of colour. I don't use any flash as that just kills the atmosphere in the shots.

With regards kit, you need to have fast lenses for the low light stuff to get any decent shots
MrMagoo
MrMagoo
Da Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  MrMagoo Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:01 pm

Mal,

this is a better recording

MrMagoo
MrMagoo
Da Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:16 am

MrMagoo wrote:Cheers Mal.

The only editing I really do is a bit of sharpening and adjusting the curves/contrast. Now and then will desaturate the pic so there is only a small hint of colour. I don't use any flash as that just kills the atmosphere in the shots.With regards kit, you need to have fast lenses for the low light stuff to get any decent shots

You must have a very steady hand, Magoo.

Back to top Go down

Post  MrMagoo Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:33 am

Reddi! wrote:

The only editing I really do is a bit of sharpening and adjusting the curves/contrast. Now and then will desaturate the pic so there is only a small hint of colour. I don't use any flash as that just kills the atmosphere in the shots.With regards kit, you need to have fast lenses for the low light stuff to get any decent shots

They not too bad. Shutter speed is usually anywhere fron 1/80th to 1/200th of second depending on light so dont have to hold the camera steady for long
MrMagoo
MrMagoo
Da Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:38 am

MrMagoo wrote:
Reddi! wrote:

They not too bad. Shutter speed is usually anywhere fron 1/80th to 1/200th of second depending on light so dont have to hold the camera steady for long

It's been some time since I used SLR, but with the autos, flash floods all of the colour out of the shot, but 50% of my shots have camera shake.

Back to top Go down

Post  MrMagoo Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:54 am

Reddi! wrote:
MrMagoo wrote:
Reddi! wrote:

It's been some time since I used SLR, but with the autos, flash floods all of the colour out of the shot, but 50% of my shots have camera shake.

You need to get the shutter speed up as high as possible to eliminate camera shake. I always have the camera on shutter priority so it gives that bit more power to the shutter speed
MrMagoo
MrMagoo
Da Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:59 am

MrMagoo wrote:
Reddi! wrote:
MrMagoo wrote:
Reddi! wrote:

You need to get the shutter speed up as high as possible to eliminate camera shake. I always have the camera on shutter priority so it gives that bit more power to the shutter speed

I'm slightly confused. I used to be able to do that and compensate with fast film, but with digital, there's no film scratch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:03 pm

Reddi! wrote:
MrMagoo wrote:
Reddi! wrote:

More like wankers wrist

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:05 pm

Lionheart wrote:
Reddi! wrote:
MrMagoo wrote:
Reddi! wrote:

More like wankers wrist

I bow to your experience, Lion!

How's tricks in sunny Lisbon?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum