JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Petrov out for 2 months

+7
Avfc_4eva_Sotc
villainies
Jay.P.A
ADRIAN_1976
roadoftrinity
QBVILLA
villanfromluton
11 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Petrov out for 2 months Empty Petrov out for 2 months

Post  villanfromluton Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:39 pm

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11677_6468089,00.html?

Big blow, especially as we are quite stretched there anyway. Sidwell will need to step up, as will Ireland, who has been anonymous so far. Remember Warnock playing in the centre for Blackburn for a period, may have to do that as well when Luke Young is fit. Shame Delph and Gary Gardner are out long term as would no doubt come into the equation.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Petrov out for 2 months Empty Re: Petrov out for 2 months

Post  Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:50 pm

Thought you Villans were getting a bit pissed off with him? Remember his debut against West Ham, looked a top player. Tevez made his debut that day too.

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:43 pm

Reckon this will be a good thing.He doesn't do enough for the team IMO, be good to see someone else get an extended run in the side.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:50 pm

QBVILLA wrote:Reckon this will be a good thing.He doesn't do enough for the team IMO, be good to see someone else get an extended run in the side.

He hasn't been at his best this season but he looked good against Chelsea and Houllier said he has been working on his fitness and this was the reason he was better against Chelsea.

How it can be a good thing to have Sidwell starting for the next few months is something of a mystery to me.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:11 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:Reckon this will be a good thing.He doesn't do enough for the team IMO, be good to see someone else get an extended run in the side.

He hasn't been at his best this season but he looked good against Chelsea and Houllier said he has been working on his fitness and this was the reason he was better against Chelsea.

How it can be a good thing to have Sidwell starting for the next few months is something of a mystery to me.

We're assuming it'll be Sidwell and to be fair he's never had a run in the side alongside Reo Coker.Sidwell was a bloody good player at Reading week in week out.If he can get anywhere near that form he's a better player than Petrov IMO.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:28 pm

Its up to Sidwell to show he can play, lets hope he is on the pitch for 90 minutes though as his tackling is comparable to Scholes. I agree with QB, he was a talented player at Reading, but his career has stood still and gone backwards ever since he went to Chelsea. There is not really much alternatives in the middle
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:01 pm

There is always Salifou to come into the equation Shocked
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:29 pm

Sidwell is shit.... end of story..

We could play Reo Ireland and Young in hole.. with Downing and Albrighton on the wings..

As Lutes said.. shame Delph isnt fit.. could've been the run in the eam he neede..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:14 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Sidwell is shit.... end of story..

We could play Reo Ireland and Young in hole.. with Downing and Albrighton on the wings..

As Lutes said.. shame Delph isnt fit.. could've been the run in the eam he neede..

No point playing 3 players in the hole!!!! What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face

Fecking hell, this is becoming a bit of a nightmare. Sidwell! FFS.

If Sidwell doesn't work/plays poorly, I would suggest playing Downing in the middle with NRC. Could be turn out to be a gem. He's got a great left foot and good passing ability, might bring a bit of balance to the team in the middle.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:50 pm

QBVILLA wrote:

We're assuming it'll be Sidwell and to be fair he's never had a run in the side alongside Reo Coker.Sidwell was a bloody good player at Reading week in week out.If he can get anywhere near that form he's a better player than Petrov IMO.

Can't see who else it would be other than Sidwell, guess we could try Ireland there but he looks to week, same as Downing, certainly for a local derby.

Anyway, I rate Petrov, certainly in comparison to our other central midfielders as he is a footballer. He positions himself well and wins a lot more tackles than people give him credit for. Guess we will see but I couldn't disagree more this been a good thing with the other options we have.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:09 pm

Sidwell hasn't done it for Villa, seems very dicey to have to rely on him now, Petrov being a reguler will be missed IMO, patch up time i feel.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:21 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

Can't see who else it would be other than Sidwell, guess we could try Ireland there but he looks to week, same as Downing, certainly for a local derby.

Anyway, I rate Petrov, certainly in comparison to our other central midfielders as he is a footballer. He positions himself well and wins a lot more tackles than people give him credit for. Guess we will see but I couldn't disagree more this been a good thing with the other options we have.

I agree here. Petrov gets way too much stick, and now we'll see just how much of an important job he's done for us so far.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:38 pm

Kepp downing on the wing.. he has been very good this season.. no point disrupting that..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:10 pm

did play in the centre for Boro quite a bit though Ades, if I remember correctly. Could possibly give Bannan a go on the wing, not for the Bloose game though
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:49 pm

Lutes dont think he is the long term answer.. and he has been playing well on the wing.. so let him grw as a player there
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:08 pm

Bad timing, but IMO he hasn't been good enough for a season or two and needed to be replaced anyway as first choice.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:19 pm

You have to be practical about this, Petrov offers experience, may not be everybody's cup of tea but there isn't a lot of choice, personally i think we will struggle to cover, may be room to manoeuvre, Warnock to centre left, possibly bring Downing inside, although he seems useless in the tackle, Sidwell is the obvious, Reo Coker, Albrighton, Young, we could even put Heskey wide, he's don't it before, one things for sure i would use tomorrows game to get it right before we meet the Blues, when i say get it right i don't mean endanger our chances of going through, we need the next round badly IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:15 pm

..................Friedel

Beye....Cueller....Collins......Warnock

Albrighton......NRC..........Downing

.................Young

........Carew..........Heskey

That would be my team with the current injuries. It won't be GH's though.

Or 1 upfront and put Ireland in the middle with NRC, I forgot about him.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:53 pm

Is warnock suspended? Thought it was a one match ban for 5 bookings and warnock's got at least 5 now
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:58 pm

QBVILLA wrote:Is warnock suspended? Thought it was a one match ban for 5 bookings and warnock's got at least 5 now

Don't know, not seen or heard anything. Well if he is then..... **** knows.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:02 pm

QBVILLA wrote:Is warnock suspended? Thought it was a one match ban for 5 bookings and warnock's got at least 5 now

Does Warnock miss tomorrows game or the one against Blues? Hope it's tomorrow.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:06 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:

Does Warnock miss tomorrows game or the one against Blues? Hope it's tomorrow.

FA websites says it's tomorrows game.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:06 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:..................Friedel

.................Young

At the risk of appearing to query a fans knowledge of his own team, wouldn't your selection effectively have 3 wingers (not to mention overlapping full-backs) and two similar strikers up front? Seems a trifle odd to me.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:29 pm

jpr60 wrote:

.................Young

At the risk of appearing to query a fans knowledge of his own team, wouldn't your selection effectively have 3 wingers (not to mention overlapping full-backs) and two similar strikers up front? Seems a trifle odd to me.

Young has played behind the strikers a few times this season while Downing and Albrighton have been on the wings so thats nothing new, niether is the fullbacks. As stated another option to the two upfront is to have Ireland in the middle and only 1 upfront. The team was given as with current injuries, I can't think of any other fullbacks at the club with L.Young injured, the only other striker is Delfuenso who I don't think will actually make it as a premiership striker.

If you can pick a better team fron the currently available players without choosing the 3 'wingers' and the fullbacks then I will be surprised.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:38 pm

jpr60 wrote:

.................Young

It is AV Jpr, the moons a balloon, he is to tactics what Wayne Rooney is to having a brain. I would go 5 across the middle, Carew up front, get the midfield bedded in for the weekend.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum