JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IS this true ?

+2
villanfromluton
FrenchSpur
6 posters

Go down

IS this true ? Empty IS this true ?

Post  FrenchSpur Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:48 pm

Arsenal are set to create football history with the cost of an 'ordinary' seat for a Premier League game at the Emirates Stadium in the new year poised to break the £100 barrier.
Full story: Mail on Sunday

Bit short of cash are you ???
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

IS this true ? Empty Re: IS this true ?

Post  villanfromluton Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:21 pm

Is there an OAP rate for the two old codgers on here
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:28 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Is there an OAP rate for the two old codgers on here

Do they actually know their team has moved ??

The pair of them still probably roll up to Highbury on a Saturday afternoon with their nurses in the local age concern minibus..
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:43 pm

Can't imagine who you are talking about - old codgers? Arsenal? £100 tickets? You lot are in la-la land - I suppose Frenchie's got an excuse, with Tottingham showing what a fine bunch of lads they are.
That'll be the Mail On Sunday will it, the £100 ticket? Well, it might turn out to be true, given that Her Majesty's Government will be stealing 20% in "VAT" on match-day tickets from January, so any ticket around the current £90-odd will tip the £100, obviously.
"VAT" - "Value Added Tax" - they're havin' a laugh!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jannerblue Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:59 pm

jpr60 wrote:Can't imagine who you are talking about - old codgers? Arsenal? £100 tickets? You lot are in la-la land - I suppose Frenchie's got an excuse, with Tottingham showing what a fine bunch of lads they are.
That'll be the Mail On Sunday will it, the £100 ticket? Well, it might turn out to be true, given that Her Majesty's Government will be stealing 20% in "VAT" on match-day tickets from January, so any ticket around the current £90-odd will tip the £100, obviously.
"VAT" - "Value Added Tax" - they're havin' a laugh!

Thats a disgrace already! Ridiculous prices to pay for somewhere with next to no atmosphere.
jannerblue
jannerblue

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:18 pm

Sadly, it's just the VAT rise that will push the price over £100. It's already over £90, and if tickets sell at that price, the extra few quid won't make any difference. Anyone care for a prawn sandwich?
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:51 pm

Bedshammer wrote:Sadly, it's just the VAT rise that will push the price over £100. It's already over £90, and if tickets sell at that price, the extra few quid won't make any difference. Anyone care for a prawn sandwich?

There's a whole range of tickets at The Grove Beds, as I'm sure you'll know, from as "little" as £34 to £90-odd.
The cost of watching your favourite team has gone right out of the window, there'll be no future Gooners from cheap-and-nasty families like mine, there'll all be rich kids from well-off families. It's sad but it's a fact and it includes all London clubs. In Germany you can watch your favourite team for the equivalent of £10, which I believe would be a fair-enough price of a ticket here but no, at least four times the cost is our lot.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:00 pm

I think the most expensive ticket at the Boleyn Ground is about £53. But at least you get to watch football at the Grove.
*sigh*

We paid £33 the other week, which goes to show there are some advantages to being crap. Would have cost us £48 if we were any good.

Last edited by Bedshammer on Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:00 pm

jpr60 wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:Sadly, it's just the VAT rise that will push the price over £100. It's already over £90, and if tickets sell at that price, the extra few quid won't make any difference. Anyone care for a prawn sandwich?

There's a whole range of tickets at The Grove Beds, as I'm sure you'll know, from as "little" as £34 to £90-odd.
The cost of watching your favourite team has gone right out of the window, there'll be no future Gooners from cheap-and-nasty families like mine, there'll all be rich kids from well-off families. It's sad but it's a fact and it includes all London clubs. In Germany you can watch your favourite team for the equivalent of £10, which I believe would be a fair-enough price of a ticket here but no, at least four times the cost is our lot.

Good points JPR, the sad thing is if you take the game away from the riff raff like you, the youngsters from the riff raff wont get involved at all and go into obscurity
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:06 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

Good points JPR, the sad thing is if you take the game away from the riff raff like you, the youngsters from the riff raff wont get involved at all and go into obscurity

Well, they might watch a match or two on the TV, buy a shirt, claim to be fans. Meanwhile the rich blokes will take over, unless it goes out of fashion, in which case the clubs might find themselves short of active support. Will they care? Yes, if there's a regular 50% shortfall in gate receipts. I can see that - why can't the clubs?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:10 pm

JPR, it has been happening for a few years, amuses me to go back to Brum and see lads in Arsenal and Chelski shirts. WTF is that about. Know Man Ure and Liverpool was around in my day, but not the cockernee teams. Do they really care about the club, I would doubt it in some cases.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:28 pm

I agree jpr, tickets at the big clubs are fashion accessories. They are desirable as long as the team is fashionable and that depends on results in the PL.
Football has changed a great deal. The players have no long term allegiance to a club and the same will apply to 'supporters' too.
The Arsenal have not won a trophy since 2005 but they have been in with a shout of winning one in every year since then. Yet this, for some 'supporters' is a disaster.
My Dad first took me to Highbury when I was 5 years old, in 1954, his stories were of Alex James and others.
It was a magic experience to go to the game and I went regularly for many years until I came to live here some six or so years ago. For many of those years Arsenal were an average mid-table side, Arsenal are my team though.
Most people cannot follow top flight football in the way I did. How can an average earner take his children to the Arsenal on a regular basis, it costs a fortune.
I agree with you that at some stage this situation will come back and bite some clubs.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down