JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

League Cup

+3
Ringo
Bedshammer
jpr60
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

League Cup Empty League Cup

Post  jpr60 Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:37 pm

Pretty sloppy performance but we're through to the semi-finals, surely it's worth taking it seriously just to get a trophy under our belts?
Bendtner should have scored at least two - his first touch is atrocious and how he failed to put the ball away in the opening minutes is beyond me. Still, he scored, unlike Carlos Vela who did a lot right in the game, setting up Bendtner's goal but couldn't finish to save his life. He too should have scored at least two. Then there's Theo. Where's that dynamic start to the season gone? His final ball was often wayward and his attempts to score weak. He too could have notched a couple. RvP came through 70 minutes in fair-enough style, with some classy approach play.
Oh well, it's The Arsenal way, we're through to a two-legged semi and I'd back us over two legs against any team TBH, so bring'em on!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

League Cup Empty Re: League Cup

Post  Bedshammer Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:38 pm

Did people run on to the pitch last night?
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:42 pm

IF, Villa get through tonight, i would hope to get West Ham, or Ipswich/WBA in the semi, then meeting Arsenal in the final, would make for a great final.

Shame you would still end up trophyless, still it'll be a nice day out at Wembley for the lads. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:47 pm

Bedshammer wrote:Did people run on to the pitch last night?

Yes - I posted something on your "football-related crime stats" thread. Three kids came on - and I mean kids - one wanted to shake Arsene's hand, the other two practised their goal-scoring sliding-on-the-knees celebration. Completely stupid - I just hope it's not the start of a new trend. The last thing we want is to see fences - OK, we didn't have them at Highbury but it was always bad news wherever they were erected. Let's hope the kids aren't getting silly!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:48 pm

Malachite wrote:IF, Villa get through tonight, i would hope to get West Ham, or Ipswich/WBA in the semi, then meeting Arsenal in the final, would make for a great final.

Shame you would still end up trophyless, still it'll be a nice day out at Wembley for the lads. Wink

Let's wait and see, eh? Cool

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:05 pm

jpr60 wrote:

Yes - I posted something on your "football-related crime stats" thread. Three kids came on - and I mean kids - one wanted to shake Arsene's hand, the other two practised their goal-scoring sliding-on-the-knees celebration. Completely stupid - I just hope it's not the start of a new trend. The last thing we want is to see fences - OK, we didn't have them at Highbury but it was always bad news wherever they were erected. Let's hope the kids aren't getting silly!

I thought I heard something on the radio going home. It is stupid and it could cost the club money. West Ham were fined something like £25k for the pitch invasion during the Millwall game last year.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:17 pm

Bedshammer wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

I thought I heard something on the radio going home. It is stupid and it could cost the club money. West Ham were fined something like £25k for the pitch invasion during the Millwall game last year.

It wasn't an "invasion" as such - I think it was just the three kids. It wasn't even at the end, it was ten minutes or so before the end - something out of nothing but my worry is it could be the start of further stupidities.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:20 pm

jpr60 wrote:Pretty sloppy performance but we're through to the semi-finals, surely it's worth taking it seriously just to get a trophy under our belts?
Bendtner should have scored at least two - his first touch is atrocious and how he failed to put the ball away in the opening minutes is beyond me. Still, he scored, unlike Carlos Vela who did a lot right in the game, setting up Bendtner's goal but couldn't finish to save his life. He too should have scored at least two. Then there's Theo. Where's that dynamic start to the season gone? His final ball was often wayward and his attempts to score weak. He too could have notched a couple. RvP came through 70 minutes in fair-enough style, with some classy approach play.
Oh well, it's The Arsenal way, we're through to a two-legged semi and I'd back us over two legs against any team TBH, so bring'em on!

I think there is another London team that may just have something to say about that.
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:46 pm

Ringo wrote:
jpr60 wrote:Pretty sloppy performance but we're through to the semi-finals, surely it's worth taking it seriously just to get a trophy under our belts?

I think there is another London team that may just have something to say about that.

I said "seriously"! Wink

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:48 pm

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh

You mean like 1980? Laughing
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:50 pm

Ringo wrote:Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh

You got someone today who can head the ball like Sir Trev? Very Happy

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:54 pm

Spector managed yesterday much to all amazement! Razz
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:58 pm

jpr60 wrote:
Ringo wrote:Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh

You got someone today who can head the ball like Sir Trev? Very Happy

Scottie P, for one.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:08 pm

Ipswich Town over two legs in the semi-final then. Love their manager Wink

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:09 pm

For purely selfish reasons, I hope Keane comes back and batters you out of the cup. Cheerleader

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:09 pm

The Carling Cup is yours to throw away....
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:17 pm

Time will tell.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:20 pm

jak wrote:Time will tell.

You cant discount anything Jak.. and West Ham do play well against you lot.. but i think Wenger wants a trophy this season and i think you lot will win it..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:14 pm

Shit cup anyway, I've never been bothered about it. Not even worth playing in.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:39 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:

You cant discount anything Jak.. and West Ham do play well against you lot.. but i think Wenger wants a trophy this season and i think you lot will win it..

You're right, anything can happen in football and bitter experience has taught me never to count my chickens.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:21 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:For purely selfish reasons, I hope Keane comes back and batters you out of the cup. Cheerleader

What would they be?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:24 pm

I'm very very very very excited about this.
bounce
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:26 pm

jak wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:

You're right, anything can happen in football and bitter experience has taught me never to count my chickens.

I'd bank on The Arsenal against any team over two legs, therefore I'd expect us to reach the final.
I'd also expect The Arsenal to beat either Birmingham or West Ham in the final.
However, football being what it is anything might happen. We might do our "We're gonna win this easy" and fall at the first fence, or we might control the matches but still lose. I agree it's a carp cup but the thought of reaching a final is a bit tempting, as is actually picking up a trophy.
Great game football ain't it? But it can't half pIss you off sometimes!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:58 pm

jpr60 wrote:
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:For purely selfish reasons, I hope Keane comes back and batters you out of the cup. Cheerleader

What would they be?

Well if West Ham get through to the final, I'd rather faces Ipswich than the Arsenal U12 team.

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:47 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

What would they be?

Well if West Ham get through to the final, I'd rather faces Ipswich than the Arsenal U12 team.

Oh, I see. I thought you wanted some sort of Keane revenge on Arsenal - glad it's only common sense you're at.
It won't be our U12 team at Wembley (should we get there), they've aged a bit, some of 'em can even drive a car and drink alcohol (although they don't drink alcohol, of course).

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum