JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another vital game.

5 posters

Go down

Another vital game. Empty Another vital game.

Post  jak Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:23 am

CL must win. We need a big performance tonight from our beloved and famous Arsenal.
Hopefully we won't pick up any injuries and we can go to Old Trafford with a strong side.

jak

Back to top Go down

Another vital game. Empty Re: Another vital game.

Post  jpr60 Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:46 pm

Could be some history-building developing here - let's hope so.
A good performance and win tonight followed by something similar on Monday - that's what dreams are made of.
Come on Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:04 pm

Well, in the end, a decent win but some of our defending frightens the life out of me.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:06 pm

What about van Persie's disgusting play acting for the penalty?

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:22 pm

Fabianski
affraid
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:32 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:What about van Persie's disgusting play acting for the penalty?

Plonker!!! Rolling Eyes

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:49 pm

A good pen from RvP, a well-taken goal by Theo and great team-work and finish for Nasri's goal. They're the good points, most of the rest was pretty ordinary.
Gibbs looked sharp until he turned his ankle, Denilson played one superb through-ball but, for the rest of the time looked like the player oft-described by my mate jak, RvP is not looking too sharp yet, still short of match-practice I suppose and there didn't seem to be much of a link between him and Chamakh, AA played a superb ball through but otherwise looked way off the pace - I'm hoping things get better TBH.
Monday at Old Trafford is the one that counts now - onward and upward (or staying top) would be nice!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:30 pm

[quote="jpr60"
Gibbs looked sharp until he turned his ankle
[/quote]

Gibbs seems to be very injury prone, looks like a cracking left back but I'm not sure he will manage to stay fit consistantly.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:21 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:[quote="jpr60"

Gibbs seems to be very injury prone, looks like a cracking left back but I'm not sure he will manage to stay fit consistantly. [/quote]

Thing is, every injury with Gibbs is a different one. It's not as if he's got a weak ankle or tendon trouble, one minute he's broken a bone, then he's got knee ligament damage, last night he simply sprained his ankle.
It seems to be The Arsenal Way, look at Rosicky, van Persie, Vermaelen, Djourou, Senderos (when he was with us) - non-stop injury problems. Perhaps they don't eat enough steak'n chips with double baked-beans!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:46 pm

jpr60 wrote:

Gibbs seems to be very injury prone, looks like a cracking left back but I'm not sure he will manage to stay fit consistantly.

Thing is, every injury with Gibbs is a different one. It's not as if he's got a weak ankle or tendon trouble, one minute he's broken a bone, then he's got knee ligament damage, last night he simply sprained his ankle.
It seems to be The Arsenal Way, look at Rosicky, van Persie, Vermaelen, Djourou, Senderos (when he was with us) - non-stop injury problems. Perhaps they don't eat enough steak'n chips with double baked-beans! [/quote]

Was watching last night and you seem to me to be missing out on someone willing to have a shot at goal. You just seem to want to dribble it in to the net all the time
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:50 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:Was watching last night and you seem to me to be missing out on someone willing to have a shot at goal. You just seem to want to dribble it in to the net all the time

We didn't play too well last night - OK, we scored three - but I know what you mean. Even when we're on blob (if you'll pardon the expression) we still tend to overlook the obvious sometimes, instead of taking a pop someone will try to play someone else in. I think there's a mighty team-spirit running through the squad and everyone wants to help everyone else. When we score a few it's three or four different players scoring, which means that everyone is helping everyone else out - it's great but it can be a touch frustrating when you're just wishing they'd slam the ball into the net. Nasri's got a couple from further out, Fabregas is capable of scoring from outside the box as are Arshavin and Wilshere so I'm hoping they'll give it some welly occasionaly.
Look, they're still learning and we're already top of the table. Imagine what the finished article's gonna look like! Very Happy

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:42 pm

jpr60 wrote:

It seems to be The Arsenal Way, look at Rosicky, van Persie, Vermaelen, Djourou, Senderos (when he was with us) - non-stop injury problems. Perhaps they don't eat enough steak'n chips with double baked-beans! [/quote]

I was looking at some football boots the other day, while the Duchess was camped in the shop next door.
It's no wonder players pick up serious foot and ankle injuries, the boots are more like carpet slippers.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:28 am

jak wrote:I was looking at some football boots the other day, while the Duchess was camped in the shop next door.
It's no wonder players pick up serious foot and ankle injuries, the boots are more like carpet slippers.

Agree with you there jak. My two younger lads have been playing football since they were six and some of the boots they've had have offered hardly any protection at all. There was one pair, Nike something-or-other, well they were like ballet slippers - my son insisted on having them, they lasted less than half a season before they split - it was like a tear in plastic-coated cardboard. I went back to the shop - they wouldn't replace them but offered to repair them! Expensive crap!
Puma Kings, always my favourites when I played (cos they were comfortable too, it's always been difficult for me to find comfortable sports shoes - my feet have been battered black'n blue over the years) are still pretty robust and are a good shoe, as are the classic Addidas models, but the new stuff - and the colours!!!! Don't get me started!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:35 am

I thought you'd have had those brown boots with the crossover strap on the instep and the six mailed in cork studs. Wink

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:46 am

jak wrote:I thought you'd have had those brown boots with the crossover strap on the instep and the six mailed in cork studs. Wink

That's what I started with Very Happy
Seriously though, my first ever football boots were passed on from a cousin of mine who was a couple of years older (he still is, amazing isn't it?), they were brown leather, up to the ankle and had nailed in cork studs!!!!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:12 am

jpr60 wrote:
jak wrote:I thought you'd have had those brown boots with the crossover strap on the instep and the six mailed in cork studs. Wink

That's what I started with Very Happy
Seriously though, my first ever football boots were passed on from a cousin of mine who was a couple of years older (he still is, amazing isn't it?), they were brown leather, up to the ankle and had nailed in cork studs!!!!

My first boots were the same and handmedowns too. Very Happy

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum