JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man City game

+3
QBVILLA
jak
villanfromluton
7 posters

Go down

Man City game Empty Man City game

Post  villanfromluton Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:09 pm

Watched that game and have to say I was appalled at the tactics undertaken by Mancini's team. I am all for a team to defend, but surely when you have spent all the money they have done, you would have thought they could at least try to attack now and again. Really hope they win sod all after that performance. Why was Chamakh not given a chance, was surprised with Wengers substitutions

On a seperate note, the sendings off. No way Zabaletta should have seen red, on two occasions Sanga moved his head forward in an aggressive manner. He thoroughly deserved his red card, pathetic reaction to be honest.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Man City game Empty Re: Man City game

Post  jak Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:14 am

Arsenal were a bit shot shy but Man C had no intention of making a game of it.
Sagna was a bit silly and his actions were out of character, the red was inevitable.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:03 am

This rubbing of foreheads is ridiculous.Why not throw a proper see you Jimmy and make the red card wothwhile?
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:08 am

I suppose if you're going for red, you might as well go the whole hog.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jannerblue Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:22 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Watched that game and have to say I was appalled at the tactics undertaken by Mancini's team. I am all for a team to defend, but surely when you have spent all the money they have done, you would have thought they could at least try to attack now and again. Really hope they win sod all after that performance. Why was Chamakh not given a chance, was surprised with Wengers substitutions

On a seperate note, the sendings off. No way Zabaletta should have seen red, on two occasions Sanga moved his head forward in an aggressive manner. He thoroughly deserved his red card, pathetic reaction to be honest.

Just waiting on JPR to come in and say how it was either the refs fault or it was because of the other team kicking him bounce
jannerblue
jannerblue

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:11 pm

QBVILLA wrote:This rubbing of foreheads is ridiculous.Why not throw a proper see you Jimmy and make the red card wothwhile?

Looked like Sagna was trying to give him a kiss. Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:36 pm

jannerblue wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:Watched that game and have to say I was appalled at the tactics undertaken by Mancini's team. I am all for a team to defend, but surely when you have spent all the money they have done, you would have thought they could at least try to attack now and again. Really hope they win sod all after that performance. Why was Chamakh not given a chance, was surprised with Wengers substitutions

Just waiting on JPR to come in and say how it was either the refs fault or it was because of the other team kicking him bounce

Given that Sagna usually shows good control, even when he's getting a kicking (e.g. Phil Bowyer recently) I was surprised to see him going after Zabaletta. I can only assume something had been brewing throughout the match - who knows? - but, whatever he's got a three-match ban which means he'll miss the FA Cup match against Leeds, the League Cup match against Ipswich (I doubt he'd have been selected for either of those anyway) and the West Ham match. If we've got to lose a key player that's about the best time. Oh yes, I liked Sagna's response to Zabaletta putting an arm around his shoulders - yep, I reckon there was something going on there!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:58 pm

You're a tit. If this was Villa it would've been 'MASSIVE DEFENDING' blah blah blah. Tosspot
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:08 pm

I was actually impressed by the sheer effort some of the ManC players put in to keep Arsenal at bay. The two Toure's were great, Kolo a rock and Yaya a massive deterrent in the middle of the pitch (when I say massive I mean that in all senses of the word, he's a giant) - Yaya was dead on his feet long before the final whistle (OK, "He's a fat bastard who doesn't keep in shape" might be another way of looking at it).
Aside from Terez though they didn't show much going forward and were I a City fan I'd be a bit peed off with all the money spent, the massive salaries being taken, from a bunch of lads just keeping the ball out of the net.
Barry was total carp, Milner not much better, Jo was non-existent - I'm glad I'm a Gooner!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:31 pm

Was one of those days.. if that early chance had gone in and one of the two efforts that hit the bar.. it couldve been a pasting because Man City would have to come out and attack...
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:25 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Was one of those days.. if that early chance had gone in and one of the two efforts that hit the bar.. it couldve been a pasting because Man City would have to come out and attack...

Yeah, that Fabregas shot, the keeper was so beaten and was well lucky not to have the ball go in off his back. Still, as you say, one of those days. We're still in there with a shout, we're still playing our football - long may it last!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:58 pm

jpr60 wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Was one of those days.. if that early chance had gone in and one of the two efforts that hit the bar.. it couldve been a pasting because Man City would have to come out and attack...

Yeah, that Fabregas shot, the keeper was so beaten and was well lucky not to have the ball go in off his back. Still, as you say, one of those days. We're still in there with a shout, we're still playing our football - long may it last!

I think that starting eleven is very good indeed, they work very hard and press the ball well. Just need to move the ball a bit quicker at times and have a few more shots. Song strolled around three defenders and worked a great position for himself to shoot and instead opted for the three yard sideways pass that killed a great move stone dead. The more shots you have at a packed defence the more chance you have of picking up a deflection or rick o'shea. The same goes for hard driven low crosses.
Still, as you say, that result is no disaster and we did play some good football against a side who shut up shop from the first whistle. That's entertainment.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:27 am

jak wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

I think that starting eleven is very good indeed, they work very hard and press the ball well. Just need to move the ball a bit quicker at times and have a few more shots. Song strolled around three defenders and worked a great position for himself to shoot and instead opted for the three yard sideways pass that killed a great move stone dead. The more shots you have at a packed defence the more chance you have of picking up a deflection or rick o'shea. The same goes for hard driven low crosses.
Still, as you say, that result is no disaster and we did play some good football against a side who shut up shop from the first whistle. That's entertainment.

Isn't he a tarmaccer?
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:15 pm

villainies wrote:

You're a tit. If this was Villa it would've been 'MASSIVE DEFENDING' blah blah blah. Tosspot

If Villa had spent the money Man City had, I would expect far more
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:09 am

villanfromluton wrote:
villainies wrote:

If Villa had spent the money Man City had, I would expect far more

You're right, Luton. Funny how Villainies keeps digging at you since you marked the philanderers card. No

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down