JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Job Done

3 posters

Go down

Job Done Empty Job Done

Post  jak Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:57 pm

A good all round performance at a difficult venue tonight. Well done you Gunners!!!!! cheers

jak

Back to top Go down

Job Done Empty Re: Job Done

Post  Guest Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:58 pm

Denilson really is shite, isn't he? First time I've watched him properly.

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:43 pm

Saw the save from Schmichael in the first half, superb. Saw the Leeds goal as well, what a strike.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:50 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Saw the save from Schmichael in the first half, superb. Saw the Leeds goal as well, what a strike.

Did you notice the other side playing all the football Wink

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:46 pm

Well pleased with our performance and the result could've been 5-1 but I'm happy with the 3-1 (it's The Arsenal way)! We finally showed that there's a difference between Premier League and Championship quality and it was good that we changed the team around a little so that everyone could benefit from a confidence-building win.
Everyone played their part, even poor old AA who is so obviously struggling with lack of confidence that just about everything doesn't work in the way it would have two or three months ago. He still put in a shift, was involved in the first goal - I've not given up on him. Bendtner was still a pain-in-the-ass but he put some work in, both in attack and defence and you can't fault him for effort and that cross for RvP's header was a peach!
Our old friend Denilson covered the usual amount of ground, was always there when needed, managed to give the ball away badly on two occasions and almost played an excellent ball through our central defence when under little pressure but he worked hard, as did all the team.
Four excellent goals too!
It occurred to me during the match that I have every confidence in Szczesny as our goalkeeper, I'd be happy if he were to remain as first choice from now on - let's wait and see.
Djourou continues to impress in central defence and I noticed on several occasions Koscielny seeming to focus on a ball some way off then going out and winning it. He's tenacious in the tackle, my only concern might be his positional play but he did well enough. Gibbs and Sagna excellent - let's go out and confirm that we're in business by seeing off Wigan in an equally convincing manner at the weekend!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:45 pm

jpr60 wrote:Well pleased with our performance and the result could've been 5-1 but I'm happy with the 3-1 (it's The Arsenal way)! We finally showed that there's a difference between Premier League and Championship quality and it was good that we changed the team around a little so that everyone could benefit from a confidence-building win.
Everyone played their part, even poor old AA who is so obviously struggling with lack of confidence that just about everything doesn't work in the way it would have two or three months ago. He still put in a shift, was involved in the first goal - I've not given up on him. Bendtner was still a pain-in-the-ass but he put some work in, both in attack and defence and you can't fault him for effort and that cross for RvP's header was a peach!
Our old friend Denilson covered the usual amount of ground, was always there when needed, managed to give the ball away badly on two occasions and almost played an excellent ball through our central defence when under little pressure but he worked hard, as did all the team.
Four excellent goals too!
It occurred to me during the match that I have every confidence in Szczesny as our goalkeeper, I'd be happy if he were to remain as first choice from now on - let's wait and see.
Djourou continues to impress in central defence and I noticed on several occasions Koscielny seeming to focus on a ball some way off then going out and winning it. He's tenacious in the tackle, my only concern might be his positional play but he did well enough. Gibbs and Sagna excellent - let's go out and confirm that we're in business by seeing off Wigan in an equally convincing manner at the weekend!

I feel a bit sorry for Arshavin. He is totally out of form and the confidence that comes with it. The only answer is to try and play through it, he needs to work hard.
Denilson looks like a Championship player, I just hope Wenger doesn't rely on him too much.
I like the goalkeeper, he was very quick off his line a couple of times. Looks the part.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum