JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newcastle v Arsenal

+5
Avfc_4eva_Sotc
villanfromluton
villainies
jannerblue
MrMagoo
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Newcastle v Arsenal - Page 2 Empty Re: Newcastle v Arsenal

Post  jpr60 Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:46 am

roadoftrinity wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:I'm sure on MOTD they said that Nolan was also booked in the incident with the goalkeeper?

Yep, Nolan was booked for his part in it as well. Seems fair enough to me.

The only thing which could be debated was the second penalty, but as Newcastle could complain about the perfectly good goal they had ruled out for offside. Maybe someone had taken a bribe?

You mean when van Persie scored and it was given offside, which proved to be an(other) incorrect decision?
Look fellows, I don't expect no errors, mistakes can be made, but what I look for is a little logic and some consistency.
Barton goes through Arshavin, takes both legs, from behind - not even a free kick (according to Dowd).
Barton goes into a tackle, following through into Diaby warrants a whistle IMO - whether it was "robust" or dangerous is a matter of conjecture. Diaby reacts badly, pushes Barton, gets a red card - no question.
Nolan grabs Szczesny round the neck and throws him to the floor warrants, IMO a red card too. Szczesny has the ball, it is his team who need possession to kick off - how does Nolan have the right to manhandle him to the floor?
Anyway, enough already. Despite giving away a 4-0 lead in ludicrous circumstances we still, somehow managed to climb out of the pit smelling of roses - one point nearer the leaders. On a "normal" day that result would have had us 7 points behind without a hope in hell, now we've still got some hope!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Newcastle v Arsenal - Page 2 Empty Re: Newcastle v Arsenal

Post  jannerblue Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:22 pm

Reddi! wrote:I heard Arsenal have received 8 red cards this season. There's no smoke without fire.

They have 6.. Them and West Brom are joint leaders of the red card list this season.

Not quite the little angels Jpr makes them out to be, eh.
jannerblue
jannerblue

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2