JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gimme Shelter

5 posters

Go down

Gimme Shelter Empty Gimme Shelter

Post  Guest Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:16 pm

You know how sometimes you hear a song having not heard it for a long time and you suddenly remember how brilliant it was - I was in a bar earlier and they played G.S - must be one of the 20th Century best moments - fantastic guitar work by Richards - great vocals by Jagger and the girl singer- and the song just develops into a crescendo

Musical masterpiece

Back to top Go down

Gimme Shelter Empty Re: Gimme Shelter

Post  jpr60 Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:01 am

Lionheart wrote:You know how sometimes you hear a song having not heard it for a long time and you suddenly remember how brilliant it was - I was in a bar earlier and they played G.S - must be one of the 20th Century best moments - fantastic guitar work by Richards - great vocals by Jagger and the girl singer- and the song just develops into a crescendo

Musical masterpiece

The Stones have produced a few of those over the years - 'Gimmie Shelter' came off the 'Let It Bleed' album, which title track is excellent too. Also on the album was 'Love In Vain' an excellent blues track plus 'Country Honk', the hillbilly version of 'Honkeytonk Women' - all great stuff.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:40 am

The Stones ?????????? scratch scratch

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  MrMagoo Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:43 am

The only Stones you old farts should be worried about is Gallstones bounce bounce bounce
MrMagoo
MrMagoo
Da Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:54 am

MrMagoo wrote:The only Stones you old farts should be worried about is Gallstones bounce bounce bounce

What a Face
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:07 am

MrMagoo wrote:The only Stones you old farts should be worried about is Gallstones bounce bounce bounce

Show some bloody respect. That's no way to speak to your elders. Luton, QB, I'd like to offer my apologies for Magoo's cruel remark.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:54 am

jak wrote:

Show some bloody respect. That's no way to speak to your elders. Luton, QB, I'd like to offer my apologies for Magoo's cruel remark.

Jak, in your confuddled state you've mistakenly put me in the wrong age group.I won't take offence on this occasion but would like you to refrain from such errors in the future as it is rather upsetting to find myself associated with someone who stinks of stale piss and Werthers Originals.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum